• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool |OT| Like Batman With Guns

Karak

Pre/post release? I'll be very interested in reading your review if it's up before Friday.

If I can find it early I will do it pre if I can't it will be post. Gonna check on my lunch break but I had no luck last night trying some of my usual suspects.

I can't stop myself from looking at these walkthroughs, everything he says is funny as heck and comes out of nowhere. Deadpool is actually a pretty cool hero... or anti-hero whatever he is.

Tek

Wow this is the first time Gamefly didn't ship me a new release on the day it came out even though it was the only item in the queue. I guess the demand was higher than the qty of copies they got.

Oh well, looks fun, but not wanting to spend a ton of money on it.

Karak

Wow this is the first time Gamefly didn't ship me a new release on the day it came out even though it was the only item in the queue. I guess the demand was higher than the qty of copies they got.

Oh well, looks fun, but not wanting to spend a ton of money on it.

I am wondering if this is a much smaller release number than normal. Its seems impossible to get early so that backs up that Gamefly is not sending them to everyone.

Dawg

I can't stop myself from looking at these walkthroughs, everything he says is funny as heck and comes out of nowhere. Deadpool is actually a pretty cool hero... or anti-hero whatever he is.

Exactly. I like how you can interact with all that stuff in his room and the randomness of what he does is just too good.

legbone

i said "fuck it" and went ahead and ordered a copy. my wallet is crying and my backlog is giving me the evil eye. fuck you backlog. don't you look at me that way. oh god, i'm going mad. at least i'll laugh some while playing a game. haven't done that in a while.

i said "fuck it" and went ahead and ordered a copy. my wallet is crying and my backlog is giving me the evil eye. fuck you backlog. don't you look at me that way. oh god, i'm going mad. at least i'll laugh some while playing a game. haven't done that in a while.

Yeah, it's been a long time since a game made me laugh. Should be in for a treat with this title.

Yeah, looks like it's 5 hours long. I found two full playthroughs (one of them 25 parts at around 12 minutes each and the other one 20 parts at around 15 minutes each) both equaling 5 hours.

Yeah, looks like it's 5 hours long. I found two full playthroughs (one of them 25 parts at around 12 minutes each and the other one 20 parts at around 15 minutes each) both equaling 5 hours.

I think there's something called Infinite Mode or some equivalent to DMC challenge towers.

JustinBB7

And they're asking 50 euros for it in Holland.. lol.

Launch trailer really made me want it too, but I'll get it when it's like 10..

Lima

Ah good. I like short games these days. Will finish it quickly and then do what the platinum trophy tells me.

TentPole

Sitting around with nothing to do so I decided to use a vpn unlock the game early on steam. Be back with impressions in a little bit.

Karak

So this game MUST be very lean on the total release numbers. Some of our local stores were not getting it in at all. After 6 hours...here is my impression so far.

Fun, funny and frantic. Laugh out loud funny at times. I am not aware of exactly what makes up Deadpool as a comic book character but as a game. Gawd damn this has some fun fighting. First level is dump though. Looking and feeling. After that it really opens up.

I am loving the upgrade system though it can be a bit confusing as to if something is superseded by another upgrade. One particular ability is the ability to teleport which is great but it can leave you in a bind sometimes.

Variety. Oh man. The shit you do in this game.

There is a ton of variety like 2d scrolling levels and so forth and even...some kind of wigged out boat battle. The humour is crude but god damn if these guys didn't handle it well. I mean its crude as hell but its in just the right spots for a completely insane character to have them. I also feel like I know more about this character than most superheroes. Not sure if why but maybe its because you spend so much time dealing with him being just weird and insane.

Lots of singing hahahaha. I am digging the shit out of it.

But the kicker is, its all backed by a pretty fun combat system. I mean its not perfect but there are tons of combos and different weapons. Crowd control is somewhat easy as well. Not feeling ripped off at all.

I will post my review tonight after I beat it and edit the footage.

legbone

So this game MUST be very lean on the total release numbers. Some of our local stores were not getting it in at all. After 6 hours.

Fun, funny and frantic. Laugh out loud funny at times. I am not aware of exactly what makes up Deadpool as a comic book character but as a game. Gawd damn this has some fun fighting. First level is dump though.

great impressions. thanks karak.

Karak

great impressions. thanks karak.

You bet. I am a bit sad as I really do think this deserves a bigger release but 4 of our stores aren't even getting a single copy. And then I didn't know that I guess they are not even in business much anymore(studio). Sad times.

Sitting around with nothing to do so I decided to use a vpn unlock the game early on steam. Be back with impressions in a little bit.
This is getting a PC release?!? Ok that is better news MUCH better. Steam?

Voror

I'm on the fence about getting this honestly, though the recent impressions make it sound like a fun ride at least and I've got some credit saved up I could use. Especially if this is some limited release game.

Gbraga

This is getting a PC release?!? Ok that is better news MUCH better. Steam?

boxart3y6j1k.png

legbone

question for you deadpool comic fans.

which is better, deadpool max or deadpool dead presidents (posehn i think). i got a credit with my amazon preorder that i can use on dead presidents. but i'm thinking i may start with deadpool max first. i saw some early deadpool (i think it's early) but it is drawn by rob liefeld and i can't stand his shit. so, is dead presidents any good. i have heard max is good but haven't heard much about dead presidents.

Aske

Nice impressions Karak. Skipped the spoilers, but everything else sounds better than I'd hoped. I'd be content with Deadpool humor combined with Suda51-caliber gameplay, but it sounds like it might be actully be a step above.

Gartooth

Really conflicted on this game, I'm glad it's going for $50 instead of $60 but that's still too much. It's unfortunate the industry only really has the $10-$20 downloadable titles and the $50-$60 retail titles for console games, Deadpool seems like one of those perfect mid-tier games that would find itself at home at around $30 but I'm not sure if the game as it stands has enough to warrant an expensive purchase. (combat looks very mediocre and the game seems to last only 5 hours from what I've seen)

Will definitely see if I can get a rental copy tomorrow to at least play it, or at the very least wait for a sale where the price becomes more affordable.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Really conflicted on this game, I'm glad it's going for $50 instead of $60 but that's still too much. It's unfortunate the industry only really has the $10-$20 downloadable titles and the $50-$60 retail titles for console games, Deadpool seems like one of those perfect mid-tier games that would find itself at home at around $30 but I'm not sure if the game as it stands has enough to warrant an expensive purchase. (combat looks very mediocre and the game seems to last only 5 hours from what I've seen)

Will definitely see if I can get a rental copy tomorrow to at least play it, or at the very least wait for a sale where the price becomes more affordable.

It's $37 at Toys R Us, if that helps.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If you're willing to get a PC edition it's only $40 on Steam.

just played the pc version and omg this game is hilarious. The graphics and gameplay are awesome too. this is a really good game.

the only thing I really dont like so far is the controls (although you can remap them).

the teleport key is b and the interact button is u and its annoying to hit those since they're so far away from wasd. also it seems weird to me that the attack buttons are q and e.

I had never even heard of deadpool before this game but I'm really interested in him now.

Gartooth

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm starting to consider getting it on Steam tomorrow. (hopefully the game won't be difficult to play with just a mouse and keyboard)

Well I should have paid attention. I wouldn't have driven all over shit and shinola to find it. I could have just VPN'ed Steam. Ah who cares. I beat it and will post a review...whenever I get done with the editing.

You beat it... already?!!? when did you start playing?

Teknoman

just played the pc version and omg this game is hilarious. The graphics and gameplay are awesome too. this is a really good game.

the only thing I really dont like so far is the controls (although you can remap them).

the teleport key is b and the interact button is u and its annoying to hit those since they're so far away from wasd. also it seems weird to me that the attack buttons are q and e.

I had never even heard of deadpool before this game but I'm really interested in him now.

How was the performance?

Karak

Ohhh ok... good :D Was worried was like 4 hours.

Well I admit I am not as good as many players I bet. There are also some issues I personally had with a couple jumps and a couple fights that I ended up repeating. I am going to toss my review up soon. It will be pretty rough but will give people an idea of what they will get.

I will be watching your stream man. I can't wait to see your reactions.

Ninhead

question for you deadpool comic fans.

which is better, deadpool max or deadpool dead presidents (posehn i think). i got a credit with my amazon preorder that i can use on dead presidents. but i'm thinking i may start with deadpool max first. i saw some early deadpool (i think it's early) but it is drawn by rob liefeld and i can't stand his shit. so, is dead presidents any good. i have heard max is good but haven't heard much about dead presidents.

How does that preorder credit work, anyway? I preordered and haven't heard anything them from them about it since I initially did it. Got my codes for the covers and the wallpapers, but nothing else.

rallyart

Neo Member
Garbage. I'm well above the rec, but it's choppy and unwieldy. That isn't to say, you can play it on a toaster, but it won't be pretty.

Same here, downsampling from 1440p with a single gtx580 paired with a i7 920 @ 4.2ghz, game is not pushing out my GPU, and frame rate hovers between 57 and 60 fps for no reason (same result with 1080p).

Karak

Same here, downsampling from 1440p with a single gtx580 paired with a i7 920 @ 4.2ghz, game is not pushing out my GPU, and frame rate hovers between 57 and 60 fps for no reason (same result with 1080p).

I can mirror that there are occasional FPS issues with the console version. Mostly...from what I can tell, on the console, its based on smoke effects particularly and primarily. We are talking very quick drops of a couple frames at most. In fact I though it was incoming live messages or my video recorder it was so momentary.

Top Bottom