• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool |OT| Like Batman With Guns

Karak

Yeah, I took a quick look before, so as not to spoil myself too much on it. They're definitely DeadPool flavored.

I ended up catching up on some comics last night and I was giggling that many of the things I thought were just video game ideas(in this game) were in the comics. I don't know why but that just makes it even cooler. That flavor really seemed to get into the game. As I was saying in the review I feel that games like this do a better job that the other big superhero games in really understanding the character.

The story and humor in this are a lot better than I was expecting. They really nailed the feel of Deadpool, and damn am I glad they went for an M rating. They use it well.

Anyone have suggestions for a newbie to Deadpool?

Adding another recommendation for Cable & Deadpool. Great series.

ASFM

Neo Member
Uncanny X-Force is the only place to read Deadpool. The other stuff is now hard to read because of how good it is.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Soo is there any option to buy this game from EU for the actual US price? It's almost double the price over here :/

Karak

The story and humor in this are a lot better than I was expecting. They really nailed the feel of Deadpool, and damn am I glad they went for an M rating. They use it well.

I know right? I went into it not really knowing what to expect but...and maybe I am just warped, but it was funny as hell to me. Very fun game to review and play. I double dipped on that sale as well.

Megatron

So having played on hard and still on the first level. You feel extremely under powered when it comes to a room with dudes shooting at you and you drop quick! I've been able to hide and let me health recover but it kills the pacing of the game imo. I am starting to get more experience and level up, but I'm wondering if it's possible to play through on normal and then play with your leveled up Dead Pool on hard... if so.... I think that's probably the way to go about doing it. Not playing on hard from the start. That aside the game is funny as hell and I can't wait to see what else it throws at me. While the combat isn't extremely deep at the moment, it's serviceable and feels alright.
It sort of sounds like you're saying you want the hard mode to be easy? I'm not trying to be disrespectful, why are you playing it on hard if you feel that way?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It sort of sounds like you're saying you want the hard mode to be easy? I'm not trying to be disrespectful, why are you playing it on hard if you feel that way?

I don't think he was criticizing it, just making an observation. A lot of games are way too easy on Normal today, so I sometimes start out on Hard, too. He's saying that Hard really is Hard.

Karak

I don't think he was criticizing it, just making an observation. A lot of games are way too easy on Normal today, so I sometimes start out on Hard, too. He's saying that Hard really is Hard.

That was my experience with the game. Hard mode has a pretty big jump from normal(feels like 1 missing difficulty level between them) and normal was pretty hard against anyone with a gun already. Ranged enemies require not just skill but actually a bit of luck as 3-4 of them can stagger you and almost instantly end you on hard. This is sort of what I was getting to about the teleport ability sometimes causing more trouble than its worth because if you use it to escape a circle of enemies there is a chance you will end up just making your position much worse due to a bad location AND bad camera angle. Hard is VERY hard. I feel.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That was my experience with the game. Hard mode has a pretty big jump from normal(feels like 1 missing difficulty level between them) and normal was pretty hard against anyone with a gun. Ranged enemies require not just skill but actually a bit of luck as 3-4 of them can stagger you and almost instantly end you on hard.

Can you teleport out of hitstun?

Megatron

The current run of UXF?

No, he isn't on either xforce team. He means the series before that by Rick remender. The best way to read that series would be to sign up for one month of marvel unlimited. It's $8 or so for a month and you have access to a huge back catalogue of titles.

Karak

Can you teleport out of hitstun?

Good question and to be honest I "think" you can but I could be wrong. I stopped using teleport a good deal of the time and used the location itself to protect me most of the time.
I do not remember a single time where I couldn't teleport if I wanted to(although you have a recharge after a couple of uses). So I would guess you can.

Understandable, but I usually play my games on hard the first time through, recent examples being Remember Me, and The Last of Us. These games felt challenging yet balanced and fair. Sometimes games have a way of being extremely unfair and unbalanced on hard and I feel that Deadpool treads this line very close. You simple don't have the upgrades and ability to take damage on hard from the start. This is more apparent in the gun fights then in the melee combat. Your health just drops completely on hard when being shot at from a bunch of enemies. Since there is no way to block and you can simple run away or teleport, it just feels off. Now sure, I can hide myself behind some objects and let the health regen over time, but you would be repeating this over and over and over and I think it just kills the pacing of the game. Just my thoughts on hard mode though. I'd just recommend it for a second time through since then you will have all your upgrades.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Understandable, but I usually play my games on hard the first time through, recent examples being Remember Me, and The Last of Us. These games felt challenging yet balanced and fair. Sometimes games have a way of being extremely unfair and unbalanced on hard and I feel that Deadpool treads this line very close. You simple don't have the upgrades and ability to take damage on hard from the start. This is more apparent in the gun fights then in the melee combat. Your health just drops completely on hard when being shot at from a bunch of enemies. Since there is no way to block and you can simple run away or teleport, it just feels off. Now sure, I can hide myself behind some objects and let the health regen over time, but you would be repeating this over and over and over and I think it just kills the pacing of the game. Just my thoughts on hard mode though. I'd just recommend it for a second time through since then you will have all your upgrades.

I think that's more a consequence of games being too easy nowadays than DeadPool being unbalanced. But, I haven't played it yet, so we'll see!

I think that's more a consequence of games being too easy nowadays than DeadPool being unbalanced. But, I haven't played it yet, so we'll see!

I just think when it comes to the shooting damage you take on hard, with no upgrades and the lack of being able to block those shots, it comes off feeling very cheap and it isn't fun hiding behind objects constantly hoping you heal up. As for games being easy now a days, I hear you on that.... but again I mostly play all my games on hard the first time through unless time is a factor. Now saying all this it doesn't mean I think the game is bad, I'm actually having a lot of fun with it.

That was my experience with the game. Hard mode has a pretty big jump from normal(feels like 1 missing difficulty level between them) and normal was pretty hard against anyone with a gun already. Ranged enemies require not just skill but actually a bit of luck as 3-4 of them can stagger you and almost instantly end you on hard. This is sort of what I was getting to about the teleport ability sometimes causing more trouble than its worth because if you use it to escape a circle of enemies there is a chance you will end up just making your position much worse due to a bad location AND bad camera angle. Hard is VERY hard. I feel.

Normal can be quite difficult too. I was gunned down by 2 guys while I was comboing another. I usually have to sit back behind cover and just try to headshot any of the ranged enemies I see before going in on the melee enemies.

If there's one thing I'm surprised about with this game is its upgrades. There is a mountain of upgrades in this game for almost everything in his arsenal. So far the shotgun is by far the most handy gun. I haven't bought any other gun but you can take down someone pretty fast with a damage upgraded shotgun. Even Deadpool comments on the player using a shotgun being too easy lol.

Karak

Normal can be quite difficult too. I was gunned down by 2 guys while I was comboing another. I usually have to sit back behind cover and just try to headshot any of the ranged enemies I see before going in on the melee enemies.

If there's one thing I'm surprised about with this game is its upgrades. There is a mountain of upgrades in this game for almost everything in his arsenal. So far the shotgun is by far the most handy gun. I haven't bought any other gun but you can take down someone pretty fast with a damage upgraded shotgun. Even Deadpool comments on the player using a shotgun being too easy lol.

Hahahaha. I didn't upgrade the shotgun much and didn't hear that one liner. That is just great. But I totally agree that normal can be VERY difficult. However it also is just so fun that I forgave that difficulty. Expect for a couple of the jumps I was having issues with god damn.

Tizoc

Aw yeah son~
Apologies for the shaky-ish cam said:
pSG5CdU.jpg

Grabbed both for a total of $95~

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can't seem to unlock the frame rate. Regardless of vsync being enabled or not the game runs at 60 frames. Would like to force it to 120.

Man. I have to say I really can't see clunky controls. Even with the teleport issue I had in my review. Thats pretty harsh.

I like giant bomb but they can be overly critical and also their commentary is sometimes just for the lolz. I think this will be have a cult following.

Karak

I like giant bomb but they can be overly critical and also their commentary is sometimes just for the lolz. I think this will be have a cult following.

I usually get shitbombed for saying that. But I agree and always have.
It is just a little sad because it is a quicklook so their attraction for laughs sort of impacts sales sometimes and they don't make sure you KNOW its for laughs. I don't know just bothers me that they pretend things for a quick laugh in some of their quicklook at times.

JohngPR

Yeah they tend fall under the "not very good at games" category when I watch their gameplay. Amazes me sometimes.

I just played the portion that he did and have to say that he was not very good at it. He didn't even buy any of the grenade upgrades and didn't use any of the specials. It seemed like he was rushing through it.

I really, really want this game. I've had my eye on it since it was announced and the good impressions just makes my demand for it higher. I just don't have the money to buy it for at least a month. (Well, maybe if I eat noodles for two weeks.) Hopefully by that time it'll be cheaper as well.

I just played the portion that he did and have to say that he was not very good at it. He didn't even buy any of the grenade upgrades and didn't use any of the specials. It seemed like he was rushing through it.

Yep... I'm not trying to say bad stuff about Giant Bomb, I do tend to like alot of their content, but I call it as I see it. They suck at games alot of times. They make DeadPool look worse then it is.

Volcynika

Bought it off Gamefly, thanks for the link. Do I need the Gamefly app thing to get my Steam activation code or is it somewhere on my order page?

EDIT: Nvm, see it on the order details when I view it.

FFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

Preordered through Toys R Us. Got an email this morning saying there was an issue processing my order. Now there is no ETA for when I will will get this.

I guess this answers my question I asked earlier in this thread about peoples' experiences with Toys R Us new game purchasing...

D;

Top Bottom