• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding 2 still planned for 2025, "It's an even weirder game than DS1, I'm making it with the feeling of 'is there even a game like this?'"

nial

Said during the special PlayStation Presents stage for DS2 at TGS.
Hideo Kojima says that Death Stranding 2 is still planned to release in 2025! He says he will announce the release date at some point next year! #DS2

“It’s an even weirder game than DS1 (laughs). I am making it with the feeling of is there even a game like this” - Hideo Kojima

Last edited:

Hrk69

Gold Member
Hell Yeah Yes GIF by PlayStation

Literally just finished DS1 the other day. Not sure I enjoyed it...didn't hate it, but found some aspects to be unnecessarily frustrating. But I kept coming back to see where the story went, so there's that. But now that I'm reading up on DS2, I'm thinking "do I play this game or just watch the cutscenes on YouTube?"

The story in Ds1 was interesting enough, but I kinda feel that technology has only allowed Kojima to indulge the worst parts of his storytelling. Especially at the end, it just kept making the same points over and over.

MGS1 is still his best story IMO...a blend of the batsh1t interesting sci-fi stuff while being relatively grounded and tight.

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Gamers only asked for mgs4 remaster, and a way forward for the mgs series (mgs6) ever since it’s been focus on mgs3, and “death stranding”.

Doom85

Ah man, the anticipation grows! Obviously delay it if the game development needs to, but otherwise I hope it comes out as soon as reasonably possible. When that release date hits, I’ll be all:

Lets Go GIF

angrod14

I really ended up loving the first one. Put two hundred hours on it. It helped me go through the lockdown times. Didn't understand a damn thing story wise but loved the game.

Shin-Ra

That’s some damn fine long blonde hair rendering.

It’s probably indicative of nothing but the subtle bouncing of the Trike hopefully hints at more nuanced interaction between vehicles and terrain. In DS1 unless you were riding flat surfaces it felt like you were either floating or bottoming out and scraping through.

Some sort of Jurassic Park/Uncharted 4 winch recovery for wedged-in vehicles would be nice too.

Last edited:
I hope Kojima-san focuses more on gameplay like MGSV rather than "story".

His team has nailed the graphics, nailed the artstyle, probably nailed the characters, definitely nailed the optimization, please just make it more gameplay driven, actually fun gameplay.

Death Stranding was a vanity project, I didn't like it and I didn't hate it either, I guess my enjoyment was like hopeful beating hearts of washed ashore whales and marine life, like death stranding.

Myuni

Neo Member
I believe, that Kojima is one of the view talents left in the industry, that is still full of passion and drive to make some new, innovative, immersive games.

Tough I really disliked the generic, typical AAA Unger missions in Death Stranding, especially the open world and endless possibilities to master it was superb.
DS is still the one and only true walking-sim out there (usually this term is missused for games where you have to press forward, close your eyes, and get told a boring story 😁).
The blend of unique walking-mechanics, combined with building a strategic, highly optimized zip line supply network in the mountains and clearing enemy bases, considering the logistics of a proper, timely disposal of all bodies in a nearby crematory was truly captivating.

So, gameplay wise, and in creating an atmospheric, one-of-a-kind gameworld, I consider Death Stranding a masterpiece. DS2 will be too, I hope.

Top Bottom