• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Enfinit

How are house shows these days? I'm about to pull the trigger on two front row tickets for me and my fiance.

I actually just snagged two tickets to a house show in January. Floor seats are $100, but me, being the poor college student I am, went with the $40 corner seats for my girl and I. Show's on a Sunday, so I tend to think it's going to be a decent show since it's the night before RAW. Punk vs. Ryback for the WWE Championship is slated for the main event.

Oh shit, new page.

ddpfeature1.jpg

Tenryu is never not awesome. Even today. He is still wrestling today, right? Matches with him just chopping and punching the fuck out of people before giving really unsafe brainbusters are the best.

That Tenryu v Mutoh match was godlike. I remember him giving one of those unsafe brainbusters to Mutoh ON THE APRON in that match. Of course Mutoh deserved it, as he came out just trying to cripple the old man with about a million dropkicks to the knee, and some terrifying dragon screws. Great match.

Tenryu is never not awesome. Even today. He is still wrestling today, right? Matches with him just chopping and punching the fuck out of people before giving really unsafe brainbusters are the best.

Yeah, he's still wrestling, although he's injured at the moment and is set to return again, despite doctors advising him against doing so. Same goes for Kensuke Sasaki, who is out with a neck injury that should probably finish his career, but he's insisting on at least one more match and wants it to be against Tenryu.

My favourite match of his in recent years - Grumpy Old Tenryu beats the absolute shit out of KENTA;

Genichiro Tenryu vs KENTA - (NOAH 10/08/05)

Also, Tenryu's theme music is just about the greatest thing ever;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsyXTnYPZFQ

Mr. Sam

I was referring to his WWE run when he would almost never lose. Maybe my grammar wasn't that great in explaining that.

There were years were Mysterio was worse than Cena, constantly overcame the odds, and never lost.

When was this?

Before WrestleMania 22, when the highest he climbed up the card was to trade wins with Eddie Guerrero? At No Way Out, when he lost to Randy Orton? As world champion, when he lost to Mark Henry, The Great Khali and Kane three weeks consecutively, or wrestled Sabu to a draw? When he lost his title four months after winning it to Booker T? When Chavo Guerrero then injured him so badly that he disappeared off television? When he started a feud with Finlay and immediately lost to him on SmackDown? Maybe his dominant run started when he defeated Kane on pay-per-view by disqualification? I'd imagine CM Punk defeating him at Armageddon after that was quite the mind-melter, eh? Maybe he was particularly God-like when he and Chris Jericho traded losses for the intercontinental title? He only dropped the title to fellow super-God John Morrison a couple of weeks later, didn't he? He did look pretty strong when Batista beat him up so badly that the match had to stopped. He did eventually beat Batista, to earn a match (read: loss) against The Undertaker. Maybe you're talking about how unbalanced his 2-1 record against Punk in their feud was? Would you say he was particularly John Cena-esque when he lost the world title after a month, then lost the rematch? Or did this run start one week later when he tapped out to Alberto Del Rio on his debut? He did lose to Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania, but was typical super-Rey when he beat Cody in the rematch I suppose. Was it losing to R-Truth at Over The Limit, or losing to Punk at Capitol Punishment? His one night reign as WWE Champion was bit out of order to the rest of the roster. Then Alberto Del Rio injured him, of course, but Rey made his triumphant return complete by losing to The Miz. And now he's in a tag team with Sin Cara, so is that it?

Damn, Super-Rey! Where yo' cape at?

Striker

Mysterio was never worse than Cena, despite the awful booking they gave him (like his Giant Killer ways in WCW). I have never seen somebody apply so many moves and look so shitty doing it, look so bored in the ring, and sell less moves than Cena.

Say what you want about Rey and the booking decisions but he put in great matches week in and week out, made bums like Miz looks decent, and sells pretty damn good, too.

The top faces in the company always have seemed to win in predictable fashion, or won far more than they lost. Look no further: Cena, Orton, Punk, Sheamus, Rey.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Willie The Worker told me that a popular superstar is planning on having his last match at WM29.

G-Fex

Nothing about Jeff Jarrett has ever been good.

says you slap nuts.

What about the lovely pair of breasts that was Debra?

before stone cold you know...lou thesz pressed her and stunned her right out of the limelight.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jeff Jarrett was the JTG of his generation, but with more political pull backstage. That and he carried a guitar.

Pimpwerx

False. Double M A Double J, Southern Gentleman babyface Double J, King of Mexico JJ, and World's Greatest Father Double J were all awesome.

Wrongo! The only entertaining thing JJ would ever do was his guitar spot. If he walked to the ring without his guitar, you might as well change the channel, because all that was gonna result was some terribly, boring micwork and exceptionally awful ringwork. Matter of fact, the guitar deserved all those title matches and wins, not Jarrett. His "retirement" is one of the best things to ever happen to TNA.

Ok...the MMA gimmick was kinda funny. I can't lie. PEACE.

Kaladin

This person before me is going to get points taken off because they are citing all of their images as being from "Google Images". Google Images is not a source, it is a search engine.

Top Bottom