• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Kacho

Man, the tickets on the site said quantity 2 for $500 but when you go to checkout its $1000. FUCK that.

Jitters

iX0dHBgQn4eK3.jpg

Glad TNA is cutting down on PPVs. Their PPvs have been pretty bad. I hope this improves them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Far Cry 3 is pretty great. You guys may not see me until GWF Monday.

Alucard

Banned
How many PPVs were TNA doing a year before, and how many do they want to do now?

There are too many PPVs for the big two companies, period.

Alucard

Banned
It looks like they will be doing 6 next year.

That's a lot better IMO. They can properly build them up that way. Look at the WWE; they did an egregious job building up Survivor series and Hell in a Cell. Both PPVs had 'surprise!!!' Matches because they just didn't write the stories properly or plan enough.

Ithil

That's a lot better IMO. They can properly build them up that way. Look at the WWE; they did an egregious job building up Survivor series and Hell in a Cell. Both PPVs had 'surprise!!!' Matches because they just didn't write the stories properly or plan enough.

They had a big gap between Night of Champions and Hell In A Cell, over six weeks, and they still failed to book it in any way competently.

Alucard

Banned
Question for PWG veterans: do all PWG DVDs not have commentary? I got my five-pack in the mail and just started watching BOLA 2007 Night Three. Not that I mind, but it's definitely different watching wrestling without someone calling the action. Much more raw this way, though.

(Joey Ryan vs. Roderick Strong on right now. Good stuff.)

Question for PWG veterans: do all PWG DVDs not have commentary? I got my five-pack in the mail and just started watching BOLA 2007 Night Three. Not that I mind, but it's definitely different watching wrestling without someone calling the action. Much more raw this way, though.

(Joey Ryan vs. Roderick Strong on right now. Good stuff.)
Most of mine are newer but try hitting the secondary audio. Most I've seen have 2 audio tracks, commentary and just crowd noise.

Alucard

Banned
Most of mine are newer but try hitting the secondary audio. Most I've seen have 2 audio tracks, commentary and just crowd noise.

Never knew that was even an option on DVDs! Thanks. This does have commentary, but the default was none. Think I'll watch with and then without. Two different experiences.

beanman25

Been on a Muta kick thanks to the link someone posted for me yesterday, anyone want to throw out some matches of his to watch?

tm24

Never knew that was even an option on DVDs! Thanks. This does have commentary, but the default was none. Think I'll watch with and then without. Two different experiences.

Try watching without til maybe the late 09 shows. Excalibur kind of sucked for like 3 1/2 years on the mic

strobogo

Banned
Watching Alex Shelley against Matt Sydal. Where is Evan Bourne these days?

Eva Braun had a Wellness Violation, came back, had another violation (which was a 60 day suspension), and then destroyed his foot in a car wreck while being pretty close to coming off the suspension.

New (Diamond Dallas) Page is the best thing.

Alucard

Banned
Eva Braun had a Wellness Violation, came back, had another violation (which was a 60 day suspension), and then destroyed his foot in a car wreck while being pretty close to coming off the suspension.

New (Diamond Dallas) Page is the best thing.

Oh man, really sad to hear that about Bourne. He had skills.

Watching PAC against Claudio Castagnoli (Antonio Cesaro). Holy shit. Wow. PAC is even more insane here than in Dragon Gate. His height on some of his moves and selling jobs is ree-di-cu-lous. If he can connect with the crowd emotionally with his promos, he could be HUGE. Most impressive aerial stuff I've seen...maybe ever.

WAtching TLC 2009

How did Drew Mcintyre go from Chosen one to 3MB

Edit: michelle mccool is such a good heel.

Edit 2: commentary is a lot better as well

Forgot to vote for the month MVP's

I wanted to nominate the Scopio Sky/Willie Mack as match of month.
I don't care if it occured in October but it was on a taping show in November

Other wise OP great as usual. Carry On!!!

Been on a Muta kick thanks to the link someone posted for me yesterday, anyone want to throw out some matches of his to watch?

Definitely watch his AJPW stuff from spring-summer of 2001. Probably the greatest and most unlikely comeback I've ever seen a bonafide star ever have. Dude limped through the last part of the 90s with bad knees from putting on too much mass and still doing the moonsault as well as a bunch of other injuries. Smart money said he was washed up.

Especially watch the Tenryu saga. Legit MoTY stuff, from one guy who everybody thought was too damn old, and the other so beaten up. EDIT: The match for the triple crown was June 8th. All or most of that run should be readily available on YouTube.

strobogo

Banned
Tenryu is never not awesome. Even today. He is still wrestling today, right? Matches with him just chopping and punching the fuck out of people before giving really unsafe brainbusters are the best.

Top Bottom