• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
WHAT PPVs ARE ON THIS MONTH?

Glad you asked. Here's a list! If I had to pick JUST ONE to watch it's the NJPW World Tag League Finals!

WWE TLC: December 16th

TNA Final Resolution: December 9th

NJPW World Tag League Finals - December 2nd http://www.ustream.tv/channel/njpw1972 4PM JST - 8AM CET - 7AM GMT - 2AM EST - 11PM PST

CHIKARA Season 11 Finale 'Under the Hood' http://www.smvod.com December 2nd - 4PM EST - 1PM PST - 9PM GMT

EVOLVE 18 December 8th http://www.wwnlive.com - 4PM EST 1PM PST 9PM GMT

CZW Cage of Death 14 December 8th http://www.wwnlive.com - 7.30PM EST 4.30PM PST 12.30AM GMT

Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup X http://www.wwnlive.com December 14 & 15, 8PM & 6PM EST

ROH Final Battle http://www.rohwrestling.com December 16th, 2PM EST, 11AM PST, 7PM GMT

Be better if these were listed by date, rather than some strange random order.

I remember playing an impossible to end triple threat ultimate X multiplayer match in that TNA game once, and the movesets were pitiful.

Jitters

Kelly Kelly got rid of her blonde hair:

Note to wrestlers: I feel dissapointed if I pay to take a picture with you and you don't look like your wrestling persona.
How did you not know? I just posted a picture, and posted the pics when she first did it. I try to keep people up to date and everyone ignores me. tsk tsk tsk.

G-Fex

I remember playing an impossible to end triple threat ultimate X multiplayer match in that TNA game once, and the movesets were pitiful.

The thing about the TNA game is that it had the potential and the work was there to make a great wrestling game series.

The ragdoll physics were ahead of THQ/Yuke's and possibly still are.

The character models are undeniably great and ten times that of the damn THQ games.

There wasn't over complicated controls, the submission system and everything EXCEPT the pin system was great.

there's a good amount of cons though:

The commentary now that I notice is just awful and is EXTREMELY limited.

Movesets are very limited and small

reversals are abused

very little weapons

no refs

arena is pretty much dull and is lifeless in it's appearance, the outside of the ring looks like crap.

no DQ's apparently

VERY LITTLE game modes

Story mode isn't good at all, though the jokes are kinda funny.

It seems a ton more like a budgeted title at times than a full game.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
TNA Impact is still the best looking wrestling game this gen. Someone, post the Booker Impact/ WWE 12 comparison.

Mr. Sam

If that TNA game had ever gotten a sequel, it would have been hands down the best wrestling game this gen. It just needed, well, finishing.

I think I might just rebuy it.

G-Fex

We'll probably never see a TNA sequel

or a WWE All stars sequel

or another game made by Aki/Syn Sophia.

Hoarr

Neo Member
As requested:

tumblr_m9jy0kBwnU1qzl7f5o1_500.png

I love out of everything I posted on here, this is the one that shows up everytime wrestling character models are brought up. I guess I should update it with the new WWE '13 Booker model...which is just a darker version of the WWE '12 one.

How much money have you spent on wrestling this year?

Give us a rough or detailed estimation of your wrestling related expenditures. Things like PPVs, iPPVs, tickets, merchandise, videos, books, videogames, etc. Please convert your local currency to American dollars.

Note: things like cable subscriptions for USA/Spike/Sky, your new tv or monitor and the electricity to run it don't count. Should be specific to wrestling.

* If you've spent money on wrestling this year, also include whether you voted for Ultramantis Black in your Nov. Fave Five. This is for a separate but related study.

-One pack WWE trading cards - $3

I have spent $3 American on wrestling this year.

Give us a rough or detailed estimation of your wrestling related expenditures. Things like PPVs, iPPVs, tickets, merchandise, videos, books, videogames, etc. Please convert your local currency to American dollars.

Note: things like cable subscriptions for USA/Spike/Sky, your new tv or monitor and the electricity to run it don't count. Should be specific to wrestling.

* If you've spent money on wrestling this year, also include whether you voted for Ultramantis Black in your Nov. Fave Five. This is for a separate but related study.

I have spent $0 American on wrestling this year.

Am I including things like flights/hotels/drinks etc?

bangai-o

Banned

I have spent $0 American on wrestling this year.

the commercials we had to watch dont count?

Hoarr

Neo Member
Still can't believe their shitty WWE games outlasted their fantastic UFC games.

Soon.

Not gonna lie, if WWE '13 is their last one, it'll be a great way for the series to go out. I'd love another one that builds on '13 as there are a lot of terrible things from WWE '12 that were fixed for it, but I could be happy with this one for years.

Hoarr

Neo Member
That's good to hear, I keep meaning to pick it up when it's cheap. Are the Creation tools any better, or just more of the same?

Looks all the same with the addition to one or two more items of clothing. They did bring back the create-a-belt option this year, but it seems limited. I'm just glad that the servers are working this year, so getting created guys from online isn't such a damn hassle like last year.

Sure, It can be as detailed as you want. I forgot to include stadium/arena concessions as well.

Okay - I'll make two totals, one that is just money going towards wrestling (including stadium concession etc.) and a second total that includes that plus everything I spent in and going to Miami, because I likely would have taken a vacation somewhere warm regardless.

Give me a few minutes.

Ergh, yeah that was horrible though it just begs the question... if THQ go... the online serves will too, right? All those creations GONE.

Update on Martha Hart's (Owen Hart's widow) lawsuit against WWE, Vince McMahon, and Linda McMahon:

There has been some changes recently in Martha Hart's lawsuit against WWE, Vince McMahon and Linda McMahon with part of what was still in court being thrown out.

On November 16th, Judge Stefan R. Underhill dismissed more of Hart's lawsuit against WWE. It remains to be seen what was actually dismissed and what is left but it appears that WWE continues to whittle down the charges brought against them by Owen Hart's widow.

Before the November 16th hearing, what was remaining were claims that Owen's name would have reverted back to his usage and his usage alone in his passing and that his legal name would not be considered his "ring name", meaning WWE does not have the rights to use, market and promote that name in their materials and DVD releases. The claim also remained that WWE released eight DVD's and other materials including the WWE Encyclopedia without proper payments to Owen's estate per his Booking Contract with Titan Sports, which required royalty payments continue after his death, per the written contract. Furthermore, the claims that WWE used original intellectual property including family photos without the permission of Owen's estate and that the Owen Hart Foundation has been hurt due to its unwanted association with WWE through WWE's use of Owen video and other material.

On November 27th, a judge partially approved a motion to dismiss Hart's copyright infringement claim against Vince personally. Judge Underhill ruled that Hart's camp "failed to prevent sufficient evidence of McMahon's vicarious liability for copyright infringement." The Judge noted that to establish liability in a copyright infringement claim, Hart's camp would need to prove that Vince had "the right and ability to supervise and an obvious and direct financial interest in the exploitation of copyrighted materials." The only proof Hart had was that Vince is WWE's President and majority shareholder but that was not enough to leave him personally responsible for any alleged copyright infringements.

It's worth noting that Linda was not mentioned in any of the recent rulings so parts of the lawsuit against her personally may still be going on.

Vince and Linda had requested the court order Hart's attorneys to pay for some of WWE's legal fees but the court denied that sanctioning. The court also refused to remove certain remarks made in Hart's most recent amended lawsuit against WWE and the McMahons.

Jamie OD

I find WWE 13 fun but it really is time for someone new to take over and start from scratch. And by start from scratch I don't mean just rebuilding the same engine as last time.

G-Fex

WWE 13's biggest draw was to tackle someone through the barricade....

and that's it, you don't fight in the crowd or anything. You perform one little action.

What baffles me and what I hate about the new games is you really can't do shit, you're restricted completely.

In the old games you could go up to the very stage and then throw your guy to the back, and lead a fight to the halls or wherever

apparently you can't now, you have to choose it in it's own match, very boring backstages by the way.

Still, it's amazing there's a lot that you can do on the 64 bit systems that you can't do on fucking current gen technology.

Top Bottom