• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
Eh, I'm cool with Shelton coming back and getting stuck in 10 minute matches on Superstars or Main Event. I'm not really interested in him even getting in a title hunt, although I wouldn't mind seeing them redo his HBK spot but with Claudio's uppercut.

MVP? Bleh. He was terrible for a year and a half before he left. Granted, he wasn't given much to do, but he was phoning it in something fierce.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, I'm cool with Shelton coming back and getting stuck in 10 minute matches on Superstars or Main Event. I'm not really interested in him even getting in a title hunt, although I wouldn't mind seeing them redo his HBK spot but with Claudio's uppercut.

MVP? Bleh. He was terrible for a year and a half before he left. Granted, he wasn't given much to do, but he was phoning it in something fierce.

I think MVP was held down quite a bit. I've watched a bunch of what he's done since WWE and it's obvious the metaphorical shackles were on him in WWE. He's a phenomenal talent.

Though having Mark Henry rap was one of the worst things ever.

They should make the Kofi and Cesaro matches a ladder and table match respectively. The only thing that Kofi has been consistently great at these past years is "doing something cool in a ladder match". The table match would just be cool to see a table literally explode when hit with a Ricola Cesaro bomb.

from todays best and worse, made me laugh

So then AJ goes into the men’s locker room, where John Cena is huddled up (?) with a bunch of guys including Justin Gabriel in a towel, and Cena kinda nervously holds a shirt in front of her (?) until he can usher her out, apologizing profusely to the others. A few questions here. Firstly, what the hell were they doing? Did AJ interrupt a circle jerk? And if she did, why did Cena hold up a towel in front of her body? He wasn’t trying to shield her from seeing naked guys, right? He was shielding the naked guys from seeing her, because they’d … I don’t know, get boners? Is John Cena the boner police? Does he just not want HER to be the one giving them boners? And why make a bunch of exaggerated I’M SOARRRYYY faces at them the entire time? One of the people they work with came into the wrong locker room, and all they were doing was sitting in a circle near the door. It’s not like she walked in on Ezekiel Jackson shaving his nuts, or whatever. It seemed like a thing where a normal person would just be like, “hey, let’s talk about this outside, you probably shouldn’t be in here,” then return with a “heh, sorry guys, m’beautiful girlfriend” when they’re done. Is Justin Gabriel gonna spend the next 40 minutes lecturing Cena on how THIS IS HIS PRIVATE TIME or whatever?

Read more: http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/...e-stink-two-more-in-the-stink/2#ixzz2EmgW2hwq

Someone on the TEW forums asked what to do with Ric Flair for their game...

A reply:

What I'd do...

Have him start "scouting" young talent. The gold old fashioned standing at the top of the stage, (can be done with an angle after each match of Flair walking out on stage rated on overness, on screen, and giving whoever a thumbs up on screen, rated on overness or even nothing). Have him go after everybody who is even half decent and young, or "new". So Alex Riley, Antonio Cesaro, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Daniel Bryan, The Primetime Players, literally anyone who hasnt broken through.

At the same time, you debut Richie Steamboat. You do the "dad introduces him" and Richie can cut the "I want to do this on my own dad." And Ricky being Ricky and all good, will go "I know son, I wont interfere." At the same time, when Richie walks out for his match, Ric Flair walks up behind Ricky Steamboat and says "Nice kid you got there." And the two exchange an intense stare. Richie debuts, starts beating lower level guys. But Flair never inteferes, or even is seen on screen with Richie.

While Richie wins a handful of matches, Ric is talking about passing on his legacy, and he needs a suitable heir, but no one has impressed him, except the current United States Champion, Antonio Cesaro. Can start building it that Ric is going to maybe manage Cesaro and take him under his wing, but never hook the two up officially. Flair can guest commentary some of his matches, interact with him backstage "good job champ." Ext.

Richie Steamboat eventually wins a battle royal, something he can win sort of by a fluke over established stars, having never really beat anyone huge at this point (basically job out people like Hawkins, Otunga, 3MB, Fandango, ext.) And a match is announced, Richie Steamboat vs. Antonio Cesaro for the US belt at whatever PPV.

PPV comes, and Flair tells Cesaro backstage, that the US Champ will have Ric Flair in his corner. Match happens, Cesaro is looking to have it won pretty easy, when Flair finally comes out, having not accompanied Cesaro to the ring. Ref bump or something happens obviously, say Richie's boot nails the ref when Cesaro is hitting the Neutralizer. Flair slides in, with the US belt, and drills Cesaro. Both men are down, Richie comes to first, goes up top, and hits a staggering Cesaro with a Flying Cross Body, ref comes to, 3-count, new US Champ. Flair stands at the top of the stage clapping.

Then play it out that Richie Steamboat doesnt want anything to do with Ric Flair, but Flair keeps helping him win matches (dirtiest player in the game). You can have them argue backstage and stuff, have Flair saying "Living in your father's shadow is like living in 2-shadows cause he's in mine. Let me take you to heights nobody has seen." Richie wants to keep do it himself. Build it to a point where Richie has to fight someone out of his league, Big Show seems like the best bet. And he's doing all he can to fight back, but is being treated like nothing. Flair comes in with brass knucks and goes to hit Show but gets goozeled instead, dropping the knucks right in front of Richie. The ref tries to get Show to let Flair go, Richie grabs the knucks and drills show with them, pin and win.

The next week you have Ric Flair come out wanting to announce his new heir and calls out Richie Steamboat, but gets Ricky instead. Ricky tells Flair to leave him and his family alone. The two legends look to battle it out again (OFF COME THE JACKETS) when Richie comes out, in trying to break the two up, Richie ends up shoving his father to the ground. Flair laughs. Richie runs to the back.

You build to a match between Richie Steamboat and a face, doesnt really matter who. Someone who can question if Richie is going to play by the rules or if he's just another corrupted spoiled little brat who forgot what his father stood for. The fact the fact is kind of calling him out, with the stuff he's done, going into the match, Richie will actually be the heel, despite being a good guy. Steamboat comes out for the match and Flair joins him when he's half way down the ramp. Richie wants nothing to do with him. The match can go however it goes, until Flair interferes to try and help Richie win, but instead, Richie walks out getting counted out, retaining the belt.

The face can then say Richie dodged him, and he did the "Flair thing" by walking out to retain his belt....

I could go on. But basically play Flair as the Emperor to Richie Steamboats Luke Skywalker. The idea being Richie never goes bad, and you can eventually build to a match between either Richie & Flair, or Richie & someone who may become Flair's true protege. For that person I think Leo Kruger would be a good fit, or even a Jack Swagger.

How can people on the internet book seemingly good stuff, while the people actually booking the shows can't :\

How can people on the internet book seemingly good stuff, while the people actually booking the shows can't :\

Short answer: People "booking" the shows have about five layers of management with different visions who all have greater creative control than the actual "creative" division. There's a reason why any time they loosen up the reigns on a wrestler things improve a bit.

Aiii

So not worth it
Someone on the TEW forums asked what to do with Ric Flair for their game...

A reply:

Because alot of things look great on paper, but in the end Flair is still a broken down alcoholic in the middle of yet another dirty divorce and Richie Steamboat is still way too green to properly and convincingly act out those skits and promo's.

As much as it pains me to say, I should add, but that's the reality of it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If Big Show uses the ring bell to hit Sheamus during a chairs match, is that a DQ?

I have no clue why my tv is on ET, but The Rock has a movie coming out in February (Snitch), March (GI Joe), April (Pain and Gain), and May (Fast and Furious 6). I don't think he's winning anything

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
sweet ass elbow drops
okadaelbowdrop63ym6.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I have no clue why my tv is on ET, but The Rock has a movie coming out in February (Snitch), March (GI Joe), April (Pain and Gain), and May (Fast and Furious 6). I don't think he's winning anything

GI Joe was done earlier this year. It was delayed it so they could make it 3d.

NawidA

Banned
Not a bad RAW. I hope Ziggles wins.
He has to. Giving it to Cena would make very little sense. But I just don't see them giving Zigs the clean win. Which is why AJ is going to turn on Cena and cost him the match. And Ziggler will be stealing the show and his girlfriend.

GBONZZZZ

He has to. Giving it to Cena would make very little sense. But I just don't see them giving Zigs the clean win. Which is why AJ is going to turn on Cena and cost him the match. And Ziggler will be stealing the show and his girlfriend.

This is fantastic booking, so it likely won't happen

Monday’s 12/10 edition of WWE RAW drew a 2.67 rating with an average of 3,764,000 viewers. This is up over 300,000 viewers from last week’s alarmingly-low 2.55 rating.

WWE RAW’s top competition, NFL Monday Night Football on ESPN, did under 15 million viewers, which likely helped RAW’s audience.

The hourly numbers for this week’s RAW were:

Hour 1: 3,743,000
Hour 2: 3,876,000
Hour 3: 3,672,000

KissVibes

Banned
So they initially removed Channing and added Rock and Bruce and I wanted to see this. Now they have added more Channing and 3D crap....I think I may pass. Channing is just terrible.

Yeah, after Channing's hits with 21 Jump Street and The Vow, women went crazy for more of him. Apparently, the move did extremely poorly at test screenings with people, mainly women, because he wasn't in the film as much and because his friendship with The Rock's character wasn't good enough. The 3D conversion was reported to be a costly cover-up to this "mistake". But it'll just make the film bomb as most people think the film already came out months ago.

Kaladin

Monday’s 12/10 edition of WWE RAW drew a 2.67 rating with an average of 3,764,000 viewers. This is up over 300,000 viewers from last week’s alarmingly-low 2.55 rating.

WWE RAW’s top competition, NFL Monday Night Football on ESPN, did under 15 million viewers, which likely helped RAW’s audience.

The hourly numbers for this week’s RAW were:

Hour 1: 3,743,000
Hour 2: 3,876,000
Hour 3: 3,672,000

The big question is what Raw's ratings will be like after January 7th when the BCS Championship game is over and football is no longer on Monday nights.

Didn't watch Raw last night. Did I miss anything, or did I make a good choice by not watching?

You missed a really cool Cesaro on Kofi backbreaker, a decent Punk/Heyman thing, a good audience, Cody Rhodes' mustache, a cromulent 4 corners elimination tag, a decent Zigzagman vs Lobsterhead with a shitty finish.
Other than that it was pretty bad.

ecurbj

I wanna see this...

20120715_LIGHT_MITB_whc_zigglerwin_C_crop_exact.jpg

Then this...

ziggler-champ.jpg

To top the night off

20121119_raw_AJ_dolph_crop_exact.jpg

But instead of frowns make those smiles.

So2og.gif

strobogo

Banned
They really should just strike Dolph's 2 minute reign from the record books and never, ever mention it again. It ruins the build of him winning the big one and makes him look like a loser.

Kind of reminds me of Benoit's build up to WMXX about how he had never won the big one...except he won the WCW Championship. So he kind of did win the big one. And cried and had the same reaction he had to winning the WHC at Wrestlemania. So they just pretended it never happened. Which is what they should be doing with Dolph's reign.

BlazinAm

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwetlc

Team Hell No & Ryback vs. The Shield

MITB Briefcase Ladder Match:
John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler

WHC Title Match:
Big Show vs. Sheamus

IC Title Match:
Kofi Kingston vs. Wade Barrett

U.S. Title Match:
Antonio Cesaro vs. R-Truth

Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara vs. Rhodes Scholars

"Santa's Helpers" No.1 Contender's Diva Battle Royal (Pre-Show Match)

A card of fucking rematches, I am going to miss this one.

MVP is happy as fuck in Japan, but he never burned any bridges when he left. I can't see him wanting to come back to the E at all.

MVP stated on MLW podcast that he could come back if he had leverage so that he would get noticed by top persons in the wwe. I would assume the same for Shelton.

Because the WWE has FUCKING NO ONE.

This should be really stressed in this company, the funny thing is that TNA has the opposite problem but yet both companies have trouble building interesting cards.

I think it will take a while before Wade and Antonio are ready for main event and with the way wwe made a joke of Ziggler for so long and now want people to get behind him as a guy to watch...... if they pass that to other wrestlers this company can go fuck itself.

somedevil

Smackdown spoilers:

Sheamus and Antonio Cesaro were on commentary to open the show.

1. Big Show beat R-Truth. Show won with the KO Punch. Nothing special. Post match, Show and Sheamus had a staredown. Antonio Cesaro hit Sheamus from behind and both heels were off to the back.

Show was backstage claiming that when Cesaro shoved Sheamus, he bumped Show, which was a violation of the no contact clause. Booker essentially said shut up, the match at TLC is on.

Damien Sandow came to the ring and introduced Cody Rhodes, who was met with "Cody's mustache" several times.

2. Rhodes Scholars defeated The Uso's. Sandow rolled up one of the Uso's with a handful of tights. Cody's mustache was the most over thing in the match. The fans react to Rhodes Scholars big time.

Big Show and Otunga talked backstage.

Show and Otunga made their way to the ring. They said that Sheamus violated the no contact agreement, and since Booker did nothing, they're going to the board of directors to get the match called off and have Booker removed as general manager.

Booker interrupted, followed by Sheamus who hit the ring with a chair and said that if the contract has been broken, then there's nothing stopping him from unloading on Show with the chair now. Show cowered away and said the contract was still valid so the TLC match is in. Otunga ate a Brogue Kick to end the segment.

Backstage, The Shield we're already finishing up a beat down on Randy Orton by the time the camera was turned on. They walked away, leaving him lying through a table

3. Kaitlyn beat Aksana. Aksana literally held a single headlock the entire match. Just awful.

Backstage, Matt Striker announced that Orton suffered a separated shoulder and possible concussion from The Shield attack.

Team Hell No were the guests on MizTV. They put themselves over as united and unstoppable. Suddenly, one of those glitchy Shield videos interrupted. After it concluded, The Shield were shown in a luxury box and slowly made their way to the ring. Once they made it halfway down, Ryback's music hit and he came to the ring. The Shield headed back up the stairs and disappeared.

A note on the Shield, I have been to many WWE events, but I have never felt a buzz in the air at one of their shows like what came over the arena when The Shield were amongst us. They provide such an unpredictable spark to fans live in attendance.

4. Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Great Khali, and Hornswoggle beat Primo, Epico, and the Prime Time Players. Kidd rolled up one of the Colons for the win.

5. Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston pinned Alberto Del Rio with an O'Conner Roll. Post match, Barrett ran down to blindside Kofi, but Kofi evaded and hit Trouble in Paradise.

6. Antonio Cesaro defeated Sheamus via count out. Good match. At the end, Big Show came out with an injured William Regal. Sheamus went after Show but not before Show cracked Regal with a chair. Show walked away smiling, knowing that Sheamus couldn't touch him.

I guess
Orton's injury at the tribute for the troops taping is pretty bad so they used the Shield to write him off until he recovers.

Top Bottom