• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
They made a big deal of him making his debut at Madison Square Garden, saying it was the one place left he wanted to wrestle in. Then he just became typical cruiserweight fodder afterwards. Anyway, the fingerprints he left on the wrestling world is undeniable.

It's not just that, but when you add in that he was a shell of his WCW time after his arm surgery and more or less 4-5 years off, and him being hyped like he was another Rey Jr., it couldn't have worked out. Ultimo wasn't really much of a high flying cruiser outside of the Asai Moonsault. But he was hyped as "Rey Jr, but Japanese!" Which obviously wasn't the case at all. Plus the WWE midcard style was not anything like the WCW midcard style, so even when he had matches against WCW guys, it was super dumbed down and neutered. I don't think his style ever was going to translate to WWE like Rey/Eddie/Tajiri's styles did. Add in a lack of similar opponents (even though most of the best WCW cruisers from 1996-2000 were in WWE) and you had something that was doomed to fail. I was so hyped for his comeback, too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For real, Ultimo Dragon was one of the men who got me into different wrestling styles and broadened my horizons. Respect x 50000000

jmdajr

Speaking of...

2012-12-10-focus-group.jpg

jmdajr

I think those comics are the worst. I cringe every time one gets posted.

They are not all winners. But some make me crack up pretty good.
I wouldn't say this is one of them, but I am amused regardless.

edit: Thanks for showing us Layla new hair style.

WWEShop has 25% off + free shipping today on orders over $25

Some pretty good sets for 4.99 before discount

(Best of KOTR, Best of Clash, Mr. Perfect, Managers, Bret vs. Shawn, Horsemen, High Flyers)

And 4 XL Dibiase Posse shirt 1.99, because I really needed to buy that.

Hi kids? Want to meet your green capped hero, the guy he buried and the girl he called a whore on live television?
I would, i'd thank them all for putting on an episode of Raw so stupid it somehow transcended awfulness and managed to be better than 99% of Raw episodes this year, of course without Good Guy Glenn the party isn't complete.

A white Georgian boy engaged to a lady of color? What does daddy Dusty think?! :(

I hear he's having hard times dealing with it.

Aiii

So not worth it
So guys.....Storage Wars on A&E was just outed as being fake.

There was a point in time where people thought it was real?

I mean, I watch and enjoy Hardcore Pawn, but I understand it's scripted.

It's all like wrestling, fiction pretending to be reality for entertainment purposes. Yuuuuupp.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So guys.....Storage Wars on A&E was just outed as being fake.

But the characters are real! Daryl is a legit cool dude! Dave's a dick! Barry is eccentric!

and Brandi is an ex-stripper ho!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently the network paid for Brandi's plastic surgery (boob job) to make her have more sex appeal.

Not surprised. She sure looked broke-ass. And the duo's performance with reselling sure wasn't going to afford it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know nothing about this show...

"surprisingly entertaining"

What would I know though, once I watched that piece of shit Wife Swap and couldn't will myself to shut it off. ugh.

Aiii

So not worth it
"surprisingly entertaining"

What would I know though, once I watched that piece of shit Wife Swap and couldn't will myself to shut it off. ugh.

We're wrestling fans, we'll literally watch anything as long as it has badly acted drama and people fighting.

All these pawn tv-shows, with the exception of perhaps Pawn Stars, fulfill our criteria.

This has the potential to be the worst PPV i've ever been to. I don't think a hot crowd can save it either. MAYBE if Ziggler cashes in.

But the Rumble is near, Road to WM in the works so i'm pretty hyped. Fuck the Ryback marks (the two of you). He better be no where near a high profile match.

This has the potential to be the worst PPV i've ever been to. I don't think a hot crowd can save it either. MAYBE if Ziggler cashes in.

But the Rumble is near, Road to WM in the works so i'm pretty hyped. Fuck the Ryback marks (the two of you). He better be no where near a high profile match.

The bad: Diva's battle royale, get off my lawn.

The meh: Kofi vs Barrett. Barrett should win but I'm finding it difficult to give a fuck

The good: If Cesaro gets time it should be pretty great, I don't understand how there are still Cesaro doubters here.
Car Stereo vs Rhodes Scholars tables match is basically guaranteed to be good. Cody works really well with Mysterio and Sin Cara. I expect Cody/Cara to be carrying the match with the other two getting spots in when they can.
Sheamus is seemingly the only person who can pull good matches out of the Big Show these days, it should at least be a fun hoss fight. Also chairs aren't only encouraged, they'll be allowed.

The ?: Ziggler vs Cena ladder match at least has my attention, hopefully they are willing to pull the trigger and give Dolph the win.
TLC Trios match will probably be a complete shit-show in the best possible way, I would put this one in the good list but the insane overbooking that will come with this match could make or break it.

Striker

Worst?

It's the best card they had in months.
Still looks like an awful main event. Not expecting much.

They seem to be doing something with sort of inter-twining Kofi-Truth-Barrett-Cesaro. Hopefully sooner rather than later they unify the Intercontinental and U.S. titles.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can't believe people actually think Cena could win the briefcase.

Come on, he's about to enter into a program with Rock over the WWE Title (hopefully that includes Punk for a three-way WM match), there's no way he's not putting Ziggler over.

Ziggler is leaving Sunday as WHC, I have not a single doubt in my mind that after having Orton put Ziggler over, the focus they put on Dolph over the past month, esp. last monday and the fact that Cena got a clean win on Raw a few weeks ago that Ziggler is going to win the match with Cena and cash in. Or Cash in and win a WHC match with Cena, depending on the order of the matches.

Hopefully the latter.

Still looks like an awful main event. Not expecting much.

They seem to be doing something with sort of inter-twining Kofi-Truth-Barrett-Cesaro. Hopefully sooner rather than later they unify the Intercontinental and U.S. titles.

I wish they would scrap the current IC/US matches and just put a second TLC match on the card with all four guys going for both belts.

Top Bottom