• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
That's really awesome and represents Mid-South really well. It's a huge culture shift, and it's great for what it is.

Yeah, for a small regional promotion I always appreciated the effort they went to with their promo videos, and it's just another reason why Mid-South is such a fun product to watch. It was a lot more no-nonsense than other territories, but also didn't always take itself too seriously, which is a good combination in my book.

I really like that video.

Here's a couple more I posted a while back, although neither are as awesome as the Midnight Rider's promo;

The Dirty White Boys
The Rock & Roll Express

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, for a small regional promotion I always appreciated the effort they went to with their promo videos, and it's just another reason why Mid-South is such a fun product to watch. It was a lot more no-nonsense than other territories, but also didn't always take itself too seriously, which is a good combination in my book.

Here's a couple more I posted a while back, although neither are as awesome as the Midnight Rider's promo;

The Dirty White Boys
The Rock & Roll Express

Access denied :(

That's a southern thing though - no-nonsense but not too serious. This weird tension where you don't know if people are capable of joking. But they are.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
did it actually play good? It looked weird in footage I've seen.

I do however...guilty...I want to play Marky Mark and Kriss Kross make my video.

Nope, pretty much all FMV games play horribly, but I'm still drawn to them. Hell-loooo Ground Zero Texas.

FMV games are so horrible. Demolition Man on the 3DO *shudders*

Access denied :(

Whoops, the links should be fixed it now :)

Sunflower said:
That's a southern thing though - no-nonsense but not too serious. This weird tension where you don't know if people are capable of joking. But they are.

I need to get my hands on more southern wrestling, got a few AWA/CWA/World Class/Memphis discs, and only about 2 matches from Amarillo.

G-Fex

I wanted to make an FMV called Pass the mead, set in medieval times you must get mead for the king.

Truly inspired gaming ideas laser. Also i'm watching TJ hooker right now btw. Good stuff.

Who all remembers the FMV clips from that WCW game and Warzone and attitude?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need to get my hands on more southern wrestling, got a few AWA/CWA/World Class/Memphis discs, and only about 2 matches from Amarillo.

I'll ask around and see what I can find here in Oklahoma, despite the internet being the internet, down south and here aren't always the most technologically savvy. I bet there's still some tape traders out here who may have some content.

Who all remembers the FMV clips from that WCW game and Warzone and attitude?

Who forgets? The WCW Nitro and Thunder games had great ones, and nobody forgets Fun With Ahmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUC2PFzsJuk

Here's one with better audio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBixNmoIaz8

G-Fex

I'll ask around and see what I can find here in Oklahoma, despite the internet being the internet, down south and here aren't always the most technologically savvy. I bet there's still some tape traders out here who may have some content.

Who forgets? The WCW Nitro and Thunder games had great ones, and nobody forgets Fun With Ahmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUC2PFzsJuk

Here's one with better audio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBixNmoIaz8

Ahmed Johnson was scary

Kaladin

Interesting interview with Ryback....

Wrestlemania XXX is only a year and a half away - what do you want to have achieved by then?

"It's great to talk ahead. I focus on one day at a time, but my goal is to be WWE champion, World Heavyweight Champion. My goal is to not just replace John Cena but blow John Cena out of the water. I'm very vocal about that. I want to beat John in all aspects of this thing - merchandise, fan base - because I believe I can.

"That's what our company - the WWE needs somebody who's not going to be intimidated, who's not going to be afraid. I'm that guy. We haven't had that. We need somebody. John's not going to be around forever.

"I have nothing but respect - I think he's one of the hardest-working guys in the history of this company but my goal is to be my best. And I believe my best is better than him. And he knows that too, and there's a friendly rivalry there and I look forward to seeing how I do against him in the coming year."

Looks like Vince has found his guy.

http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrity...al-is-to-blow-john-cena-out-of-the-water.html

Laserfrog

Antonio Inoki's scarf is better neckwear than the Lou Thesz towel.

tumblr_lyzermjX0y1qarz7wo1_400.gif

All my youtube suggestions seem to be related to TJ Hooker.

Well golly gosh, how have I not heard of this game before?

I wish the jackonapes would stop talking at me in the video though.

I just watched the episode of Thunder where Goldberg injures his arm by breaking the window of the limo. What an idiot. Then he slams both of his fists onto the hood of the limo and blood splatters everywhere.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched the episode of Thunder where Goldberg injures his arm by breaking the window of the limo. What an idiot. Then he slams both of his fists onto the hood of the limo and blood splatters everywhere.

Probably the dumbest thing he ever did. Decided not to have gimmicked glass, killed his angle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A scarf goes well with just about any outfit. A towel you can only wear with wrestling gear or a track suit.

The only things I wear with a velour track suit is a cross and a tank top, because I desire to look like Paulie Walnuts.

IIGUh.jpg

G-Fex

I think the best wrestling outfits are those long plastic trenchcoats everyone got back in old TNA. So good.

Played a bit of shadow warrior, so good. It's pretty much Duke nukem but with an awesome sword and shurikens.

jred2k

I never had TNT so I never really got to watch Goldberg matches. Was he as bad at botching moves as Ryback? Every time he tries to pick someones head up off the mat and slam it back down I facepalm because he always seems to fumble it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Some interesting news bits here, though dirtsheets lol.

- As previously reported, John Cena recently showing up on TMZ.com as Nikki Bella’s date for her high school graduation led WWE to put Cena’s on-screen romance with AJ Lee on hold. On Monday’s RAW, we saw Cena distancing himself from AJ, who was acting crazier than ever. Moving forward, the angle will be that AJ Lee is a psycho and John Cena will do his best to distance himself from her.

- WWE superstar Ted DiBiase has been testing the waters in Hollywood seeing if he can get acting work. He’s not interested in moving to Los Angeles, which will not help his chances there. DiBiase is among the group of disgruntled wrestlers that is taking a wait and see approach with his future in WWE and would look for work outside of the wrestling business if hep arts ways with the company.

- With The Shield angle getting over as well as anybody expected, Dean Ambrose is seen as the member with the most breakout potential. Ambrose has the total package (mic work and in-ring), while Rollins is great in the ring but needs to work on his promos. Some see Roman Reigns as having major star power as well, but aside from his great look, he needs to improve his ring skills. Overall, the three men compliment each others strengths and will be put to their first test Sunday in the main event of TLC.

Ithil

Some interesting news bits here, though dirtsheets lol.

Predicted that after Monday's RAW. Since it's Cena, he has to be perfect and never at fault. Just like him fucking up by kissing Eve in front of Ryder, was solved the next week by making Eve an evil slut out of nowhere, absolving him of all blame. So now AJ is a psycho (again?) so he has no blame in the relationship going to shit.

I sure should cheer for this guy. He sounds like a realistic character with depth.

G-Fex

Predicted that after Monday's RAW. Since it's Cena, he has to be perfect and never at fault. Just like him fucking up by kissing Eve in front of Ryder, was solved the next week by making Eve an evil slut out of nowhere, absolving him of all blame. So now AJ is a psycho (again?) so he has no blame in the relationship going to shit.

I sure should cheer for this guy. He sounds like a realistic character with depth.

its Cena's world, were just living in it

Aiii

So not worth it
Remember how I mailed WWE and asked them what they were doing to cool crazy AJ?

They totally listened to me clearly. Yay for crazy AJ!

Let's hope for Ziggler/AJ.

G-Fex

AJ should always be wearing a trenchcoat and should start using guns.

I thought they banned guns and super experimental weapons in wrestling.

Like that time Chyna used that experimental cannon weapon and fired at Kane during their very short feud they had, she was accompanied at the time with miss kitty.

and WHO HASNT AJ MADE OUT WITH?

Did she make out with that Broom that HHH wrestled too?

Ithil

Remember how I mailed WWE and asked them what they were doing to cool crazy AJ?

They totally listened to me clearly. Yay for crazy AJ!

Let's hope for Ziggler/AJ.

I wager that happens for about six seconds before Cena starts calling AJ a a slut and Dolph gay for wearing pink (??).

G-Fex

Without the crowd turning on you? Two maybe.

*After five minutes of awkward silence*

Cena: I'll tell you what the AJ stands for...it stands for Any Joe which is whom she'd make out with...just about any joe!

You suck Cena!

Cena: Who said that?

Top Bottom