• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
tumblr_mexlq2b1Gd1rt4wx0o1_500.png
Oh mah goodness.

This Sunday, live from the Hammerstein Ballroom, Ring of Honor present 'Final Battle 2012: DOOMSDAY'

http://www.rohwrestling.com - $14.99

2PM EST | 5PM PST | 7PM GMT | 8PM CET

• ROH World Championship Ladder War Match: Kevin Steen (c) vs El Generico
  • Special Challenge Match: Adam Cole vs Matt Hardy
  • 3-Way ROH World Tag Team Championship Match: S.C.U.M. (Steve Corino & Jimmy Jacobs) (c) vs The Briscoe Brothers vs Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
  • Grudge Tag Team Match: The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddy Edwards) vs Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish
  • Jerry's Final ROH Match: Jerry Lynn vs 'The Prodigy' Mike Bennett w/ Brutal Bob Evans & Maria Kanellis
  • Grudge Match: Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong
  • Special Challenge Match: Jay Lethal vs Rhino
  • NYC Street Fight: Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) vs Rhett Titus & BJ Whitmer
  • The Embassy Implodes: Prince Nana vs Barrister RD Evans w/ QT Marshall.

Also, I think there's a WWE PPV on Sunday, or something. Meh.

Looking forward to the ladder war match, and that grudge tag team match should be great. However, the placing of Elgin vs Strong on the card is pretty indicative of how badly they stalled Elgin's push this year - for my money, Elgin vs Strong should be the semi-main event, not Hardy randomly going after Adam Cole.

Alright, I'm outta here - off to watch some crazy BattlARTS stiffness;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS4A96Db0jI

Fuck. So irresponsibly brutal.

KissVibes

Banned
The Rock will be at the chamber to set up ROCK VS CENA III - ONCE IN A LIFETIME at WM30. The Rock will announce that he's already earned a spot at MitB for both briefcases.

Kaladin

This Sunday, live from the Hammerstein Ballroom, Ring of Honor present 'Final Battle 2012: DOOMSDAY'

http://www.rohwrestling.com - $14.99

2PM EST | 5PM PST | 7PM GMT | 8PM CET

• ROH World Championship Ladder War Match: Kevin Steen (c) vs El Generico
  • Special Challenge Match: Adam Cole vs Matt Hardy
  • 3-Way ROH World Tag Team Championship Match: S.C.U.M. (Steve Corino & Jimmy Jacobs) (c) vs The Briscoe Brothers vs Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
  • Grudge Tag Team Match: The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddy Edwards) vs Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish
  • Jerry's Final ROH Match: Jerry Lynn vs 'The Prodigy' Mike Bennett w/ Brutal Bob Evans & Maria Kanellis
  • Grudge Match: Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong
  • Special Challenge Match: Jay Lethal vs Rhino
  • NYC Street Fight: Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) vs Rhett Titus & BJ Whitmer
  • The Embassy Implodes: Prince Nana vs Barrister RD Evans w/ QT Marshall.

There are only three matches that I want to see on that PPV and I don't feel like I want to see them live.

There are only three matches that I want to see on that PPV and I don't feel like I want to see them live.

Four matches for me, but yeah, it isn't the greatest Final Battle line-up and kinda exposes how weak/dull the roster is, in parts. Like C&C for example - I like to watch them work and I think they show good promise, but they have zero personality. I wish ROH would bring in international wrestlers again, if only for big show like this one.

Kaladin

Four matches for me, but yeah, it isn't the greatest Final Battle line-up and kinda exposes how weak/dull the roster is, in parts. Like C&C for example - I like to watch them work and I think they show good promise, but they have zero personality. I wish ROH would bring in international wrestlers again, if only for big show like this one.

Or at least bring in talent from the best of the indies like they used to......that was the original premise of Ring of Honor.....now it has gone to DGUSA.

Aiii

So not worth it
Anyone else think that Cena/Ziggler will be the last match, Ziggler cashes in on Show earlier in the PPV, thus Cena/Ziggler will be for the WHC?

I hope they book it like this.

I think that will happen. I believe AJ will screw Cenis up at the Ladder match. Which will then open up for both Big Slow and Cena Jr. to both be weak. Both of them beating the living Hell out of each other with chairs. And Ziggler runs down to the ring cashs in and grabs the title! Legitimately this time.

Would also be fine. Though I doubt they're willing to turn AJ heel, but I guess "crazy chick, eh" is good enough an explanation.

Still think it's unlikely she'll screw over Cena, that's way to much of a risk. WWE never takes those anymore, it's all safe booking nowadays.

Don't really know why she's not in the Battle Royal pre-show anymore, pretty sure she was supposed to win that and get a title shot later on. Either they don't want her to lose a title match yet and decided to protect her by taking her out of the Battle Royal or she has other stuff to do on the PPV and they don't want to have her be in a match afterwards. Which means, some kind of Cena/Ziggler interference is happening. Cena shutting her down on Raw when she wanted to come along to ringside for the main event would (in Punk/Bryan/Kane) days mean she'd be putting them through tables, so fingers crossed.

AJ/Ziggler would be a great team as Ziggler is way better interacting with someone than doing solo-promo's. It would turn him face though, as he would be oppossing Vickie by joining AJ. Maybe with Miz's turn failing there's room for another.

Or at least bring in talent from the best of the indies like they used to......that was the original premise of Ring of Honor.....now it has gone to DGUSA.

Well, that was always Gabe's vision, I guess. But yeah, even when ROH do bring in guys like TJ Perkins and ACH, it's only for short runs and neither were booked as anything other than minor attractions. The Young Bucks had a few runs, but they haven't used them at all over the past 6 months. ROH definitely could do with some new blood. It's a shame that Drake Younger is located on the west coast now, as he's a guy I could see doing really well in ROH and would be a great addition to the upper mid-card.

Laserfrog

You can add logos to the turnbuckles and a one of the categories for logos is for superstar pictures. Also loading a match and my xbox froze.

strobogo

Banned
Good match, Sun. But I'm coming for you
*nigga*
next time.

EDIT: Cena missing the shoulder block is probably my favorite thing he does. It is always hilarious.

Mr. Sam

He needs to come back to Raw primarily. They could've used him in the main event.

I think they're cautious of putting someone with two strikes in such a prominent role - which is a shame. Orton's 2012 was so unremarkable, particularly compared to his amazing 2011.

strobogo

Banned
So yesterday we talked about how great Ultimo Dragon is. Today, let'y talk about how crazy the Great Sasuke is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0CqlmdC-vk

MOST of his moves are clearly "let's see how bad of a bump I can take". It's amazing. And the older he gets, the crazier the bumps he takes. The Randy the Ram stuff is hilarious.

I think they're cautious of putting someone with two strikes in such a prominent role - which is a shame. Orton's 2012 was so unremarkable, particularly compared to his amazing 2011.

It's similar to the way they've used Rey for the past 2 years. He pretty much immediately stopped being anywhere near top of the cards after his first violation, and after the second one this year, he's clearly never going close to that again.

Kyoufu

Was 2011 really "amazing" though? I enjoyed what Christian did but not really Orton... He was too powerful.

Aiii

So not worth it
Christian carried his ass in that feud.

Face-Orton is boring as hell, Heel-Christian is just about the best thing ever.

Mr. Sam

Was 2011 really "amazing" though? I enjoyed what Christian did but not really Orton... He was too powerful.

I'd say so. The Punk feud was great, even if people do hate it because Orton went 3-0. After his feud with Christian ended, which was even better, there was the feud with Henry which was much, much better than it had any right being, then his minifeud with Rhodes (which lead the Rhodes skull getting caved in on SmackDown) and then a pretty decent feud with Barrett. Good to great matches throughout. I'd have a hard time picking someone who had a more consistently good 2011 than Orton - I think Punk's the only one with a legitimate claim, but even he hit some considerable bum notes.

Edit: Define "carried".

Kyoufu

Well I think every great feud is carried by a good heel. Heels are what make feuds go around.

If they were bad heels the feud would end up being flat and boring no matter who your face is.

Anyone agree/disagree?

I'm still surprised they had Orton put over Henry clean two moths straight after his superman run, his 2011 wasn't exactly amazing but the matches were consistently good.
I actually fear that him going heel again will lose that sort of fast flowing energy he has as a face when he kicks up his five moves of doom and starts snaking it up since I find that made his matches more entertaining and conversely heel Orton brings the return of rest holds because they get boredom heat.

Orton actually had plenty of good matches this year as well, though his constantly winning booking after his suspension was ticking me off over the Summer.

Mr. Sam

Well I think every great feud is carried by a good heel. Heels are what make feuds go around.

If they were bad heels the feud would end up being flat and boring no matter who your face is.

Anyone agree/disagree?

You've got to get heat. Whether that's the result of a likeable face or a despicable heel or both is irrelevant.

Orton actually had plenty of good matches this year as well, though his constantly winning booking after his suspension was ticking me off over the Summer.

He lost to Del Rio via submission, lost to Big Show on Main Event and, most recently, lost to Ziggler on pay-per-view. Besides, he's hardly rocketed back up the card.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm gonna stop watching WWE altogether for a while and focus on feds that make me happy instead of irritated. I noticed this week I haven't watched a single clip or recap from Raw, and instead of listening to one via the LAW, I didn't want to bother. I get the feeling this is the end.

That's alright though, because there's plenty of alternatives.

Kyoufu

I think I'm gonna stop watching WWE altogether for a while and focus on feds that make me happy instead of irritated. I noticed this week I haven't watched a single clip or recap from Raw, and instead of listening to one via the LAW, I didn't want to bother. I get the feeling this is the end.

That's alright though, because there's plenty of alternatives.

You'll watch for Punk vs Rock.

Aiii

So not worth it
I forgot which one of you made this, but I want to thank you some more for it.

fkdealwithit.gif

Getting so much milage out of this, it's insane.

strobogo

Banned
Randy was probably the best TV worker last year, especially on the main event level. He's been good this year, but also hasn't had as much to work with and his never ending feud with ADR has been a real drag even if the matches are good.

Top Bottom