• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just checked into this thread to agree with this post.

Also, Sunflower is giving away IPads?

You made me check my Twitter acct to make sure I wasn't sending out spam.

aGVW2.jpg

NEW PAGE

Ithil

I just hate the "HAHAHA IT'S THAT GUY" part of it.

Which happens to be all of it.

That only happens for new characters, though. A lot of them have settled into face/heel roles based on the "crowd reactions". It's stupid, yeah, but as with any PPV, a good crowd helps.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, but I like my fake fighting to be between real people. Fake fighting between fake approximations of fake people is a step too far for my liking.

Bootaaay hates GWF confirmed. Hmm...how to write him out of this story?

Bootaaay hates GWF confirmed. Hmm...how to write him out of this story?

Lol, I said I hate fake fighting between fake approximations of fake people (i.e, vidya game characters) - fake fighting between fake approximations of real people is cool, I guess.

My only complaint with GWF is that not enough people have felt the wrath of the Western Lariat :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, I said I hate fake fighting between fake approximations of fake people (i.e, vidya game characters) - fake fighting between fake approximations of real people is cool, I guess.

My only complaint with GWF is that not enough people have felt the wrath of the Western Lariat :p

"Not enough" to say the least. I was so excited to see you unleash the BRUTAL moveset you are supposed to have, then Nocturnowl taps in the first minute. Unbelievable.

You're going to have a match this week, when REALITY IS SUNDERED (not tsundered.)

Seriously I'm hyped for this.

"Not enough" to say the least. I was so excited to see you unleash the BRUTAL moveset you are supposed to have, then Nocturnowl taps in the first minute. Unbelievable.

The owl's a scrub! Clearly only fit as enhancement talent :p

Sunflower said:
You're going to have a match this week, when REALITY IS SUNDERED (not tsundered.)

"Baka, it's not like I want to be your reality or anything."

Looking forward to it, I'll be sure to check out the replay on Tuesday morning :)

Kaitlyn is so hot. My wife thinks I'm crazy for thinking so though...

Edit: Yo. Twin Snakes is awesome. Don't be haters. Sons of Liberty is CLEARLY the worst MGS game.

Also, Ghost Babel is AWESOME.

strobogo

Banned
I finished MGS1. Fuck. So good. Why the hell wasn't that included on the HD Collection? I'm new to the series. In the past 3 months I've played 3, 2, Peace Walker, and now 1 in that order. It took me pretty much to the end of Snake Eater to really appreciate what I was playing. I sucked at it and it took forever. Then I played 2 and was pretty turned off for most of it. It wasn't that it was hard or even that confusing (until the end, which now makes a bit more sense after beating 1), but all that back tracking intentionally done to piss you off really pissed me off. There was a little of that in MGS1, but not that much. Loved Peace Walker right from the beginning, because now I was used to the game play and story. And I loved MGS1. My rankings would be 3, 1/PW tied and could switch at any given time, and 2. I'd love to play 4, but I'm not buying a PS3 for it. I was really stupid and played all the way through 2 and 3 without knowing how to choke people. Think about that.

I have created a WCW 2000 blog and completed MGS1 for the first time in the same day. This is the most momentous day I've had in 3 years.

Sniper Wolf's death. Man. So good. This game must have been mind shattering when it came out. It completely holds up in story and game play, and the super dated graphics don't hamper it at all. Kojima, you son of a bitch.

strobogo

Banned
It was quite an experience. I would have fucking hated it playing it when it came out. I was too stupid of a kid for such things.

I wish I could play MGS 1 again for the first time...

Me too. Game was an insane experience back in 99.

And you people saying Twin Snakes is better are terrible, terrible people. It's not a bad game, like many on GAF would say, but the wire-fu nonsense in the cutscenes is completely wrong for MGS1, and the voice acting is not as good as the original. Shame on you guize.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I finished MGS1. Fuck. So good. Why the hell wasn't that included on the HD Collection? I'm new to the series. In the past 3 months I've played 3, 2, Peace Walker, and now 1 in that order. It took me pretty much to the end of Snake Eater to really appreciate what I was playing. I sucked at it and it took forever. Then I played 2 and was pretty turned off for most of it. It wasn't that it was hard or even that confusing (until the end, which now makes a bit more sense after beating 1), but all that back tracking intentionally done to piss you off really pissed me off. There was a little of that in MGS1, but not that much. Loved Peace Walker right from the beginning, because now I was used to the game play and story. And I loved MGS1. My rankings would be 3, 1/PW tied and could switch at any given time, and 2. I'd love to play 4, but I'm not buying a PS3 for it. I was really stupid and played all the way through 2 and 3 without knowing how to choke people. Think about that.

I have created a WCW 2000 blog and completed MGS1 for the first time in the same day. This is the most momentous day I've had in 3 years.

Sniper Wolf's death. Man. So good. This game must have been mind shattering when it came out. It completely holds up in story and game play, and the super dated graphics don't hamper it at all. Kojima, you son of a bitch.

High five, man. Productive day. :)

I remember when MGS1 came out, I rented it from HOLLYWOOD VIDEO and bought a tin of honey roasted peanuts and came home from work and played it in bed with no distractions. Shit was off the tank.

And you people saying Twin Snakes is better are terrible, terrible people. It's not a bad game, like many on GAF would say, but the wire-fu nonsense in the cutscenes is completely wrong for MGS1, and the voice acting is not as good as the original. Shame on you guize.

You act like the other MGS games don't have ridiculous stuff going on throughout the game.

Anth0ny

Thank you.

And I played MGS1 for the first time in 2007, still blew me away.

You're right. The story and series in general is MUCH TOO SRS for awesome wire-fu stunts. Tell me more about the nanomachines and how everything makes sense with them!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You're right. The story and series in general is MUCH TOO SRS for awesome wire-fu stunts. Tell me more about the nanomachines and how everything makes sense with them!
MGS is my favorite gaming series, but I always roll my eyes whenever someone claims that Twin Snakes' cutscenes were "too over the top."

The cutscenes, while bad, aren't as bad as the game being straight up broken and too easy thanks to them adding the first person mode, but still using the same level design.

And the voice actor changes are bad too.

Also, Twin Snakes was codeveloped by Silicon Knights, which automatically make it the inferior game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda want to show you guys A Pretty Panda's entrance. I like what I did with him.

You act like the other MGS games don't have ridiculous stuff going on throughout the game.

I think you guys missed "...for MGS1." The series wasn't always completely off the wall "Raiden breakdancing with Metal Gears attached to his legs" crazy, especially not MGS1. And even when stuff got ridiculous, Snake was usually still relatively normal. Seeing him backflip off missiles and Mario-style side flip ACROSS A DOOR FRAME TO SWAP COVER is way, way too much.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The cutscenes, while bad, aren't as bad as the game being straight up broken and too easy thanks to them adding the first person mode, but still using the same level design.

And the voice actor changes are bad too.

Also, Twin Snakes was codeveloped by Silicon Knights, which automatically make it the inferior game.
The game being too easy because they added first person is nonsense too. The original wasn't that difficult to begin with, especially when you consider that it damn near had auto targeting and a fucking map that showed you where everyone was. The only battle that it made a bit too easy was the ocelot fight, and that one wasn't that difficult to begin with.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think you guys missed "...for MGS1." The series wasn't always completely off the wall "Raiden breakdancing with Metal Gears attached to his legs" crazy, especially not MGS1. And even when stuff got ridiculous, Snake was usually still relatively normal. Seeing him backflip off missiles and Mario-style side flip ACROSS A DOOR FRAME TO SWAP COVER is way, way too much.
But that doesn't matter anymore. You can't view a MGS game in a vacuum, as they all tie into each other so strongly. The other games retroactively made MGS1 ridiculous.

In fact, I would even disagree with MGS1 not being ridiculous. I mean, a clone of a perfect solider trying to stop his twin from using a giant mech to destroy the world in some global conspiracy in just a few hours? Come on.

But that doesn't matter anymore. You can't view a MGS game in a vacuum anymore, as they all tie into each other so strongly. The other games retroactively made MGS1 ridiculous.

In fact, I would even disagree with MGS1 not being ridiculous. I mean, a clone of a perfect solider trying to stop his twin from using a giant mech to destroy the world in some global conspiracy in just a few hours? Come on.

Okay, let's not view it in a vacuum. Guess what, Snake has still always been "the grounded one" in the mainline games. The crazy physical feats are always done by people around him. Snake suddenly doing Crouching Tiger moves is out of character, especially when part of his characterization in MGS1 was being "the veteran operative coming out of retirement." It's just wrong.

Top Bottom