• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I bet when THQ offically dies and the WWE licence is picked up by someone else that Yukes will somehow convince them to continue making WWE games for them at least until the new publisher gets their own shit off the ground.

Hoarr

Neo Member
How much money have you spent on wrestling this year?

WWE Royal Rumble PPV - $55 (I think)

4 ACW Events Over the Year, Two Balcony Tickets Each Time - $120

Food and Drinks at the 4 ACW Events - $80

CM Punk Blu-Ray - $25

Lot of WWF Magazines - $50

Lot of Wrestling Magazines - $40

Lot of WCW Magazines - $40

WWE '13 game - $25

WCW vs nWo: World Tour game - $5

WWC Backstage Assault game - $5

I think that's it....$445.

bangai-o

Banned
Are you saying you ran a surplus and made money watching wrestling this year, bangai-o?

iLVjavv2fXjHZ.gif

bangai-o

Banned
i purchased a WcW "old school" t shirt, a Starrcade "old school" t shirt and a Sin Cara silver mask. so thats about 75 dollars.

I think I've spent roughly $2000 on wrestling this year between flights, hotels, tickets, iPPV, merch. and other such things. My fav five was

5. Ryback
4. Mysterious and Handsome Stranger
3. Daniel Bryan
2. El Generico
1. Ultra Mantis Black

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I bet when THQ offically dies and the WWE licence is picked up by someone else that Yukes will somehow convince them to continue making WWE games for them at least until the new publisher gets their own shit off the ground.
Yeah, I don't understand why THQ dying would mean Yukes would stop making the games. They've proven that they can reuse assets, while still churning out a profitable game.

Laserfrog

I bought $5 wrestling which was $5.

KOT night 1 that was what $15? something like that

A wrestling mask was $29.45.

Lou Thesz' book $36.90. I just checked my email and the book is on its way! I wish I still had a scanner, apparently there's quite a few pictures in it.

Oh my $86.35

Okay Bean Breath -
Wrestlemania Ticket $243
Roh Tickets (two nights) $83
WWE PPV (10 purchases split three ways) $166.67
TNA PPV (2 purchases split three ways) $26.66
T-shirts (3 @ Barber Shop Window and 1 Ultramantis Black) $75
Local (PWA) Shows - Roughly $160 (I went to four, tickets are 20 each time and I probably spend about 20 on drinks each time)
DVD/Blu-ray $30 (CM Punk BITW, though it is worth noting that this number would be higher except my roommate buys all of the PWG and Chikara shows so I don't have to).
iPPV - $30 (I personally only bought Chikarasaurus Rex and Best in the World, but my roommate paid for others)
This is a total of $571.67 directly related to Wrestling before Miami

Miami costs-
Flights $665
Hotel $388
Various $929.67 (I paid for most things in cash so this is just all of my ATM fees for the week as well as certain things like hotel fees or airline fees as I didn't feel like separating them)

Altogether the wrestling costs + Miami costs is about $2554.34

If I had to guess I would say that no more than about $350 of that Miami various was directly incurred through wrestling costs (cab rides to and from arenas, concessions). So I would say my wrestling costs were about $921.67. And I would project at least another $60-75 before year end (local show tonight, probably gonna buy TLC, definitely going to get Under the Hood).

As I mentioned I likely would have taken a vacation either way, but it probably would not have been to Miami. It's really difficult to say if I would have taken a more or less expensive trip had I not done that one.

Oh and yes, I voted UMB in first on the poll

Wrestling expenses probably

Flights - 1600
Hotel - 1000
Cars/Gas - 300
Tickets - 1000
PPV's - 200
Ippv's - 100
DVD's 200
Shirt's - 200
WWE13 25

Doesn't include stuff bought for next year. I made it to Evolve 10 and all the DGUSA shows. That also got me to PWG and PWS shows.

I've got a couple travel friends that make these trips worthwhile but it is a big amount.

Oh yeah let's add December in there.
Flight 2000
Random Japanes tickets probably 1000

Brinbe

Let's see

180+ for Wrestlemania Tix alone + whatever else I need spend during that weekend.
200+ watching WWE PPVs @ theaters with my cousin.

God... =(

GolazoDan

Anyone gonna watch the NJPW iPPV later? Dunno what absurd time it's on for you, it's on at 7AM here (GMT) so work out accordingly I guess. Show's a bit odd since it's the finals of the tag tournament so they only finalised the card yesterday or today. It's not as good as the previous two iPPVs but they'll probably set up some more matches for the 1/4 show (tag title match) and there a Laughter7 vs. Nakamura & Ishii match that'll build to Sakuraba vs. Nakamura. Presuming that Sword & Guns (Karl Anderson & Hirooki Goto) beat Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) in the finals. Rather them than TenKoji again.

Also might watch the CHIKARA iPPV tomorrow. Card's nothing special but I haven't watched a CHIKARA show since the one where the Young Bucks won the tag titles so what the hey. I used to follow CHIKARA religiously (I ran CHIKARAFans.com, then everyone involved seemed to lose interest, myself included) so it's always nice to check up on what the cast of characters is doing nowadays! BLIND RAGE IS BACK!

And then "to wrestle"

Masks - 70
Fake Mustaches - 50
Magic wands - 50
Tights - 120
Gas/Tolls - 700
Sunglasses - 20
Gold Shirt - 20
Capes - 40
Zebra Cakes - $3
And probably more I haven't thought of.

But I have gotten $300

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have a confession to make.

I kind of liked the new DMC's demo.

It's good.

GWF Week 3 is finished filming. I'm unsure what you all will think of this week, but it's definitely off the tank.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's good.

GWF Week 3 is finished filming. I'm unsure what you all will think of this week, but it's definitely off the tank.

I didn't much care for the original games, and i'm looking forward to Rising as well, but there's something I just kind of enjoy about it. I felt the same way about that new Splatterhouse too.

I'm not that into character action games so maybe that's why.

Enfinit

I have spent $0 this year.

The last wrestling-related purchase I had was WWE '12 (which I got for Christmas, and I didn't buy it personally). I'm also getting two tickets to a house show in January for Christmas (of which I also didn't buy).

Also, I did not vote in the fave five.

So far it seems that the people who can only tolerate WWE's high cost production values spend less on wrestling than the people who are happy watching two small, non-muscular men wrestle in a junior high gym. Very ironic.

KissVibes

Banned

The word on Video Game Street (TM) is a smaller publisher like 505 Games will end up with the brand so Yukes remaining as developer is EXTREMELY likely. Well, going story is that or WWE just publishes the game themselves.

You certainly aren't going to see EA start a new team and build a WWE game from scratch using the fight night engine, for example.

Alucard

Banned
Wrestling expenses probably

Flights - 1600
Hotel - 1000
Cars/Gas - 300
Tickets - 1000
PPV's - 200
Ippv's - 100
DVD's 200
Shirt's - 200
WWE13 25

Doesn't include stuff bought for next year. I made it to Evolve 10 and all the DGUSA shows. That also got me to PWG and PWS shows.

I've got a couple travel friends that make these trips worthwhile but it is a big amount.

Oh yeah let's add December in there.
Flight 2000
Random Japanes tickets probably 1000

Damn. I hope you're either a wrestler or a rich single guy!

Kaladin

Give us a rough or detailed estimation of your wrestling related expenditures. Things like PPVs, iPPVs, tickets, merchandise, videos, books, videogames, etc. Please convert your local currency to American dollars.

Note: things like cable subscriptions for USA/Spike/Sky, your new tv or monitor and the electricity to run it don't count. Should be specific to wrestling.

* If you've spent money on wrestling this year, also include whether you voted for Ultramantis Black in your Nov. Fave Five. This is for a separate but related study.

-One pack WWE trading cards - $3

I have spent $3 American on wrestling this year.

t21MR.gif

Edit: real answer: I don't want to know.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The word on Video Game Street (TM) is a smaller publisher like 505 Games will end up with the brand so Yukes remaining as developer is EXTREMELY likely. Well, going story is that or WWE just publishes the game themselves.

You certainly aren't going to see EA start a new team and build a WWE game from scratch using the fight night engine, for example.

I'm going with WWE Games being a thing where they published WWE 14 and ios games.
It would be nice if EA got it and they had the UFC devs do UFC one year then WWE the next and switch off, but they won't.

Alucard

Banned
I've only spent money on DVDs this year. :) Not bad.

Dragon Gate - 75 bucks
PWG - 50 bucks
Ring of Honor - 25

About 150 total, and this was all within the past month with the holiday and black Friday sales online. I've decided to only buy wrestling DVDs when they're on sale, and I've started asking for gift cards and DVDs for Christmas this year.

UMB is not in my fave five, but I haven't watched Chikara that much.

Top Bottom