• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Half of Rumble & Mania ~$60

Brock DVD $15

Clearance stuff on WWE.com this past week (promos+free shipping)
Ziggler ugly pink shirt
Ladder Match 2 DVD x2
Money in the Bank '11 DVD
HBK's My Journey DVD (didn't seem too awesome reading about it on amazon but meh 6 bucks and I have his other multi-disc sets) 30.46

DVD-Rs of some old weekly shows $120

Hmm, that's all I can think of. $225.46

lol, forgot the Owen 3:16 I bought on ebay. $90. I REALLY wanted that thing, especially after I missed an auction for one a number of years ago. Had a saved term search for "Owen 3:16" that expired and ebay never sent me an email to notify me, grr. Oh well, have it now :)

KissVibes

Banned
I'm going with WWE Games being a thing where they published WWE 14 and ios games.
It would be nice if EA got it and they had the UFC devs do UFC one year then WWE the next and switch off, but they won't.

I pitched Vince buying out THQ and calling it WWE Games. Then he could do what he does with movies and build Video Games around WWE superstars. Homefront 2: STARING JOHN CENA sounds like a dream come true. He doesn't even need to speak a single line of dialog! Pre-Order Darksiders 3 and get the true DEAD MAN. Play as the The Undertaker as you attempt to undo the damage done to earth by the apocalypse. Upgrade to the premium edition and receive a code to download the URN OF POWER, which will aid you on your journey.

See? I could do this shit all day. THQ and WWE should give me a job.

While I hope THQ ends up surviving, EA developing a WWE game with their new UFC team would be pretty good but I dobut they'd be interested. As I understand it, some of the guys who worked on All Stars (and were working on UFC4 at THQ) ended up being hired at EA. Might finally get a fun wrestling game again.

A9EABNZCcAA89qR.jpg

How much money have you spent on wrestling this year?

Give us a rough or detailed estimation of your wrestling related expenditures. Things like PPVs, iPPVs, tickets, merchandise, videos, books, videogames, etc. Please convert your local currency to American dollars.

Note: things like cable subscriptions for USA/Spike/Sky, your new tv or monitor and the electricity to run it don't count. Should be specific to wrestling.

* If you've spent money on wrestling this year, also include whether you voted for Ultramantis Black in your Nov. Fave Five. This is for a separate but related study.

-One pack WWE trading cards - $3

I have spent $3 American on wrestling this year.

This yeah, I've spent:
- About $143 on viewing parties for WWE and TNA PPVs
- About $50 on Smark Mark Video (Nothing but Chikara MP4 Downloads)
- About $30 on WWNLive (Evolve)
- About $16 on Rudo Reels (AAA, AJPW, WAR)
- $6 on Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

So I've spent about $245 in total on wrestling stuff this year.

As for your little inquisition: I didn't vote for Ultramantis Black last month, but I would have if I could. He's got Kamen Rider 1 colors for some of his ring gear, I can't help myself.

RIP Mastodonkey

That was definitely one of the most bizarre meltdowns that the thread's had for a long time. So much hate, so much anger.

Kaladin

To give a rough estimate, I spent probably around $1200 in tickets this year, and I'd venture to guess another $200 easily in iPPVs. My hotel in Miami was $2k (stayed a week and had a friend down for a few days to help out a bit so we'll say $1500). Add another $500 for the trip to Miami and incidentals. Oh, another $200 for Wrestlereunion (roughly). We're already near so I'll say I spent near $4k on wrestling and wrestling related travel this year. And half of that was actually on wrestling.

Fuck I need a drink.

To give a rough estimate, I spent probably around $1200 in tickets this year, and I'd venture to guess another $200 easily in iPPVs. My hotel in Miami was $2k (stayed a week and had a friend down for a few days to help out a bit so we'll say $1500). Add another $500 for the trip to Miami and incidentals. Oh, another $200 for Wrestlereunion (roughly). We're already near so I'll say I spent near $4k on wrestling and wrestling related travel this year. And half of that was actually on wrestling.

Fuck I need a drink.

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Kacho

I feel like the WWE is starting to turn the corner with their new talent. Each week I find myself more and more interested in the match ups since I now care about more than a couple of wrestlers.

tm24

Anyone gonna watch the NJPW iPPV later? Dunno what absurd time it's on for you, it's on at 7AM here (GMT) so work out accordingly I guess. Show's a bit odd since it's the finals of the tag tournament so they only finalised the card yesterday or today. It's not as good as the previous two iPPVs but they'll probably set up some more matches for the 1/4 show (tag title match) and there a Laughter7 vs. Nakamura & Ishii match that'll build to Sakuraba vs. Nakamura. Presuming that Sword & Guns (Karl Anderson & Hirooki Goto) beat Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) in the finals. Rather them than TenKoji again.

Also might watch the CHIKARA iPPV tomorrow. Card's nothing special but I haven't watched a CHIKARA show since the one where the Young Bucks won the tag titles so what the hey. I used to follow CHIKARA religiously (I ran CHIKARAFans.com, then everyone involved seemed to lose interest, myself included) so it's always nice to check up on what the cast of characters is doing nowadays! BLIND RAGE IS BACK!
Dude, chikarafans was a great site

I'd love to order those New Japan shows after listening to Meltzer rave about em, but alas I live in the boonies with very limited 3G internets. bah

Kaladin

I'm not watching New Japan tonight.....going to stick to Chikara, Evolve, CZW & Ring of Honor for my iPPVs this month. I'll watch the 1/4 show though.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Fuck I need a drink.
4K on wrestling? Holy shit.

Anth0ny

How much money have you spent on wrestling this year?

I spent $90 on WWE 13 special edition with shipping. Not sure if worth it.

Watched Wrestlemania at a theatre, ticket was $30. Worth it, I enjoyed Mania this year. Still salty about D Bry though.

I randomly found the History of the Intercontinental Title 3 Disc set for $5 this year and picked it up. Awesome matches on there. DEFINITELY worth it.

Waiting for CM Punk and the Attitude Era Blu rays to go down in price.

So about $125 total.

Damn. I hope you're either a wrestler or a rich single guy!

Well I'm not rich but I'm definitely single. I do own my home and have two rent paying roommates which has opened up lots of discretionary funds although that may be coming to an end.
Like I said I turn wrestling trips into trips with friends. Also I live in Oklahoma so I have to fly to see the good stuff live. It's staggering to try to look at the amount but I've had some awesome adventures, great trips, and made some great friends along the way.

Kaladin

Don't ask me how much I have spent on music this year (my other passion).....I couldn't figure it out probably. I'm lucky my favorite kind of music is generally cheap for concerts and the festival I go to only costs me $50 + travel expenses and food and beer for the weekend.

CHIKARA - $302.75
DGUSA - $84.93
EVOLVE - $99.91
NJPW - $71.82
PWG - $104.93
ROH - $145.74
SHIMMER - $90
SHINE - $49.93
.misc - $233.21

= $1,183.22

Fuck.

I feel like the WWE is starting to turn the corner with their new talent. Each week I find myself more and more interested in the match ups since I now care about more than a couple of wrestlers.

Watching the occasional NXT and Superstars here and there also gives me hope for the future. I really think most of the guys they have now can be compelling wrestlers both in and out of the ring with a lot of great ideas for their storylines, characters, and matches. The only thing that really stops all this from coming to fruition are out of touch Vince and his yes men.

I would like to commend the people that have paid for tickets and ippv's. I really don't think you have a right to bitch if you don't pay for the product. Wrestling is on some shaky legs and needs all the help it can get.
I hate people who openly brag about streaming shows.

I also paid $125 to be a special guest ring announcer last January at the Wreslereunion show. I announced colt cabana vs Fit Finlay. Marty Derosa talks over half my announcing so I gave him shit about it when I saw him in Chicago this July.

strobogo

Banned

I agree with this. Ziggler finally starting to get booked seriously, D-Bryne, Claudio, numerous NXT guys, Shield, Sandow, PTP, Sin Cara has improved a ton since being with Rey, the Bear Rot Garage, plus some guys like Tyson/Gabriel that aren't really being used. Feels like the strongest roster they've had for a few years.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I tell you. I sometimes want to become a fan of indy wrestling, but I look at these figures and it scares me off.

I really wanted to get a Luchador mask for Halloween but couldn't find one here or anywhere that was reasonably priced that shipped to Ireland. I still have my eye out though.

So far I guess I only spend 30 bucks to watch mania.

So far it seems that the people who can only tolerate WWE's high cost production values spend less on wrestling than the people who are happy watching two small, non-muscular men wrestle in a junior high gym. Very ironic.
Probably just generally more interested. Next year will probably be pretty tame comparatively, the only thing I'm strongly considering is trying to do a PWG show during a SoCal trip I'm already planning.
I really wanted to get a Luchador mask for Halloween but couldn't find one for shit.

So far I guess I only spend 30 bucks to watch mania.
elucha.com highspots.com

Aiii

So not worth it
I tell you. I sometimes want to become a fan of indy wrestling, but I look at these figures and it scares me off.

Aside from just not having the time, the main thing is you'd have to put up with allot of bad to mediocre wrestlers just to follow the greats. It just seems like to much effort to me. I'll keep on enjoying the big indie ppv's on occasion, but to really follow Indies? I don't think I ever will.

Alucard

Banned

With The Shield coming in, things seem to be on the upswing. The problem is booking and story writing. Lots of guys that I'm excited to see in the ring and making noise for years to come, including Bryan, Punk, Sin Cara, Ziggler, Barrett, Rhodes, and mmmmmaybe Tyson Kidd. Unfortunately for Tyson, he's getting a little long in the tooth to be considered an up-and-comer. He needs to "make it" in the next year or two, or he'll turn out to be another wasted talent like Lance Storm.

Well I'm not rich but I'm definitely single. I do own my home and have two rent paying roommates which has opened up lots of discretionary funds although that may be coming to an end.
Like I said I turn wrestling trips into trips with friends. Also I live in Oklahoma so I have to fly to see the good stuff live. It's staggering to try to look at the amount but I've had some awesome adventures, great trips, and made some great friends along the way.

That's good stuff! Life's about making memories and sharing experiences.

CHIKARA - $302.75
DGUSA - $84.93
EVOLVE - $99.91
NJPW - $71.82
PWG - $104.93
ROH - $145.74
SHIMMER - $90
SHINE - $49.93
.misc - $233.21

= $1,183.22

Fuck.

Damn, dude. I guess Chikara was your favourite promotion this year? And did you buy other NJPW stuff outside of iPPVs?

Honestly, it's not that bad. If you -really- wanted to, you could "find" shows online, and if you decided to only follow one company, you could probably get away with only spending in the 200-dollar range to keep up with everything. For example, if you followed Dragon Gate USA and bought the DVDs once a year, you could easily get 8-10 shows for as little as 120 bucks during the black Friday season.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I took some food to a friend's Summer Slam party. So I've spent about $15 on wrestling this year.

In regard to the video games, I'd love to see EA end up with the WWE license.

Alucard

Banned
Aside from just not having the time, the main thing is you'd have to put up with allot of bad to mediocre wrestlers just to follow the greats. It just seems like to much effort to me. I'll keep on enjoying the big indie ppv's on occasion, but to really follow Indies? I don't think I ever will.

There are as many "bad" wrestlers in the indies as there are in the WWE and TNA. I really don't see that much of a difference.

I should also probably mention that wrestling is one of my lesser vices also. I spend much more on booze, gambling (not anymore), women, and music.
Coincidentally I'm off to an Indy show right now, only thing I know so far are that Mike Bennett and Maria will be there. Hoping Lance Storm fights Bennett but they probably would have promoted that if it was the plan.

Alucard

Banned
I should also probably mention that wrestling is one of my lesser vices also. I spend much more on booze, gambling (not anymore), women, and music.
Coincidentally I'm off to an Indy show right now, only thing I know so far are that Mike Bennett and Maria will be there. Hoping Lance Storm fights Bennett but they probably would have promoted that if it was the plan.

It's funny, but in terms of personal hobbies, wrestling was easily the thing I spent the most money on. Outside of it, I've spent 100+ on videogames that I will play at some point, and the same on comics, and not much else in terms of personal stuff.

Top Bottom