• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Just over 6 hours until the New Japan iPPV...not sure if I should go to sleep, or just play more Far Cry 3.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/njpw1972

• 1. Yuji Nagata, Masaaki Mochizuki, Ryusuke Taguchi & BUSHI vs Minoru Suzuki, Kengo Mashimo, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
  • 2. Diamante Azul & Rushi vs Jado & YOSHI-HASHI
  • 3. World Tag League Semi-Final #1: Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
  • 4. World Tag League Semi-Final #2: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs Hirooki Goto & Karl Anderson
  • 5. Strongman & Manabu Nakanishi vs Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka
  • 6. MVP & Shelton Benjamin vs Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi
  • 7. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii vs Katsuyori Shibata & Kazushi Sakuraba
  • 8. Hiroshi Tanahashi & KUSHIDA vs Kazuchika Okada & Gedo
  • 9. World Tag League 2012 Final

Damn, dude. I guess Chikara was your favourite promotion this year? And did you buy other NJPW stuff outside of iPPVs?

CHIKARA and PWG have definitely been my favourite US promotions this year, and the PWG total would have been bigger if they had run more than 8 shows. As for New Japan, it's been my favourite promotion of 2012, but the iPPVs have been the first real chance to purchase the product for international customers as their store doesn't ship outside of Japan.

Kacho

With The Shield coming in, things seem to be on the upswing. The problem is booking and story writing. Lots of guys that I'm excited to see in the ring and making noise for years to come, including Bryan, Punk, Sin Cara, Ziggler, Barrett, Rhodes, and mmmmmaybe Tyson Kidd. Unfortunately for Tyson, he's getting a little long in the tooth to be considered an up-and-comer. He needs to "make it" in the next year or two, or he'll turn out to be another wasted talent like Lance Storm.

Has Tyson Kidd been given anything resembling a push?

iJUbR0oExZHEH.gif

It's like Del Rio and the Rock had a baby. Sign this guy, WWE.

Alucard

Banned
Does PWG have any company-only talent, or is it basically a mish-mash of ROH and Dragon Gate guys? What's the idea behind the promotion? (I'm loving BOLA 2007 Night Three...Cima vs. PAC was wicked)

strobogo

Banned
Now that I've signed up for another trial of Hulu Plus, I'm catching up on the AJ/Cena storyline. Fuck. This is some of the absolute worst dreck in years. Everyone involved is just terrible in this. Cena, AJ, Vickie, Dolph. It's so bad. I get embarrassed watching it. So terrible.

Does PWG have any company-only talent, or is it basically a mish-mash of ROH and Dragon Gate guys? What's the idea behind the promotion? (I'm loving BOLA 2007 Night Three...Cima vs. PAC was wicked)

The idea was basically to have a West Coast indy dream promotion in the vein of what was going on in the North East in the early 2000s. As it turns out, a lot of ROH talent came from PWG first in the past few years, when it was the opposite in the first few years. It was basically ROH with with local SoCal talent mixed in. But it has been better than ROH for 5-6 years.

Kacho

Now that I've signed up for another trial of Hulu Plus, I'm catching up on the AJ/Cena storyline. Fuck. This is some of the absolute worst dreck in years. Everyone involved is just terrible in this. Cena, AJ, Vickie, Dolph. It's so bad. I get embarrassed watching it. So terrible.

Yep. It's a really bad angle that they need to drop immediately after the next PPV. I'd still like to see Ziggler and Cena feud for a bit, so hopefully they can refocus them on something else leading up to the Royal Rumble.

So I decided to get a tattoo:

558853_4678006304613_1181102704_n.jpg

What's your opinion wrestling GAF?

Also this year I spent like 100 dlls on Evolve and Dragon Gate USA IPPVs.

Alucard

Banned
Watched ROH HDNet from last week. A few things:

-there are already six matches signed for their December 16th PPV. They thought ahead and had recorded backstage promos for many of the matches. The announcers were also selling the PPV for the majority of the show. Learn from this WWE.
-Davey Richards has really improved his promo work.
-there was good pacing for a one hour show, and I never felt bored. As I mentioned, the backstage promos kept guys who weren't directly on the show in your mind.
-Rhett Titus is an babyface with a new gimmick? Okay!
-the wrestling was pretty good.
-good production values for this company.

I'm looking forward to Final Battle!

Top Bottom