• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
Vampiro's major push in early 2000 WCW was damn exciting. He got over huge as a babyface when he and Sting started teaming up.

...then Russo comes back and turns Vampiro heel for damn reason at all.

Really was. It felt like the first guy since Goldberg to really rise up the card like that, even if it was in a completely different way. He was just over with the crowd despite really not having any storylines. Then all the sudden he was pretty much the most over guy on the show besides Sid/Hogan/Flair and WCW not only ran with it, but did it better than anything they had done in at least a year and a half. Russo really ruined it. Even with a big feud with Sting. Because that feud was terrible.

For some reason Kidman's push kind of stalled out around the same time Vamp's really picked up. It felt like Kidman was supposed to get that push, but Vamp was getting bigger reactions, so they went with him instead.

strobogo

Banned
I don't think he was a great wrestler, but there was a buzz in the crowd when he was in the ring that no one else really had at the time. Completely unique and organic overness that had him go from feuding with Oklahoma to nothing for a few months to feuding with David/Crowbar to teaming with Sid and having mini feuds with Jarrett, Lex, and Flair at the same time.

Los Boricuas Week?

Los Boricuas Week.

PAWGt.jpg

Ozone

I had a lot of fun at RAW tonight, but I'm hearing a lot of negative feedback from people who watched at home. Aside from the shitty matches, was it really that bad of a show? I thought it was surprisingly good.

BlazinAm

I had a lot of fun at RAW tonight, but I'm hearing a lot of negative feedback from people who watched at home. Aside from the shitty matches, was it really that bad of a show? I thought it was surprisingly good.

It felt more weirdly put together. Barely anyone got their entrances shown.... there were so many commercials. The Flair/Punk segment was great but I felt there was a overall lack of progression for the show.
I understand that Orton and Punk out, Cena is the only star there. Not to mention iirc next week's Raw and the one after are pre-taped, the roster must be burned out. Not to mention they have so much content for this week alone.

Aiii

So not worth it

I enjoyed it. Love seeing the old talent, bit dissapointed about Cena turning heel on Ziggler, but not really because HE WAS ROBBED LOL. Thank God Ziggler is turning though, shame Cena isn't.

Triple H coming out and the WE WANT TAKER chant was great.

We talked yesterday about a new era in WWE, tonight proved they are really pushing for it. So good on them. I enjoyed Raw.

Also, AJ commanding people to put a ladder in the ring and give her a mic was awesome. HNNNNNGGGG!

I think the show would have definitely been better in person...the commercial breaks and cutaways on the televised product were maddening.
Love seeing the old talent, bit dissapointed about Cena turning heel on Ziggler, but not really because HE WAS ROBBED LOL.
You gotta love the logic, there....

John Cena, the guy who won the WWE Championship MITB and was the first to lose on a cash-in...was totally robbed of the WHC MITB that Dolph was forced to defend. AJ robbed him, so Dolph has to pay!!! lol these fucking writers

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey, it's giving me AJ/Ziggler and apparently they're using Big E Langston as an enforcer. Which is good move, I like him in the ring, but just never ever give him a mic EVER AGAYN! So I can deal with some false logic here.

Why didn't Cena throw AJ into the railing etc instead? I don't understand why he is angry at Ziggler for winning their match.

The awards were pathetic and I'm not even gonna get into that shit. Why D-Bry and Punk even bother I don't know.

Flair is crazy lol.

Random ending is random. Felt pretty flat. I watch NXT and even I was like "oh ok".

My GF was all worked up for Ziggler cashing in but I'm glad he didn't, save it for a hot PPV crowd or something they'll go ape shit. At least hit his music lol.

Aiii

So not worth it
Random ending is random. Felt pretty flat. I watch NXT and even I was like "oh ok".

Yeah I get what you're saying. Didn't help most of the crowd didn't know who he was either, so the response wasn't good. Also, angry Langston face with "Light it up" didn't mesh well heh.

They should really add some exposure to NXT on their regular program. Have the NXT champion come out and defend his title on Raw/Smackdown/PPV Pre-show every now and then and show some recap clips of important matches of NXT.

Its on before Smackdown here in NZ.

The problem when they show up on Raw like that is Cole always has to be like OMG you guys its *wrestler* from NXT.... GUYS! You prolly don't know about this but seriously, this is a big deal, oh boy!

And he's so useless at selling anything.

Linkified

Yeah I get what you're saying. Didn't help most of the crowd didn't know who he was either, so the response wasn't good. Also, angry Langston face with "Light it up" didn't mesh well heh.

They should really add some exposure to NXT on their regular program. Have the NXT champion come out and defend his title on Raw/Smackdown/PPV Pre-show every now and then and show some recap clips of important matches of NXT.

Actually the NXT Champion should get the right to travel to at least Smackdown as long as he has the championship.

That would at least give some importance to that championship. Plus it would mean when they do Heel factions like The Shield it gives them some importance - as they don't want to wait in line ...

Cesaro was dropping truth bombs all over Goldberg and the crowd are like BOO THAT GUY AND HIS.... UH, CORRECT FACTS.

Speaking off, I bet Flair was having Atlanta flashbacks.

"NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN BILL, WOOO!"

Ithil

bttfii2_0783.jpg

October 25, 1998

Dear Wrestlegaf,

I'm writing to you from the year 1998, I had to write this on a compaq, please get Soul and I out of this hellhole. The internet is really slow, the past is a haunting place.

Your Friend through time

Laserfrog

Whatever you do, don't watch WCW next year!

Ithil

Hey, it's giving me AJ/Ziggler and apparently they're using Big E Langston as an enforcer. Which is good move, I like him in the ring, but just never ever give him a mic EVER AGAYN! So I can deal with some false logic here.

He's like Bobby Lashley where he has the most unexpected and bizarre voice for a big man. mean, Ryback sounds like a motorbike, as expected, but Big E sounds like a Bond villain's henchman.

Observe
(warning, terrible quality)
Which, if he ends up being AJ/Ziggler's bodyguard, is sort of fitting.

Aiii

So not worth it
He's like Bobby Lashley where he has the most unexpected and bizarre voice for a big man. mean, Ryback sounds like a motorbike, as expected, but Big E sounds like a Bond villain's henchman.

Which, if he ends up being AJ/Ziggler's bodyguard, is sort of fitting.

Would be nice if Ziggler cashes in becomes WHC, Ryback wins the rumble and challenges Dolph, and Big E being all like "lol no" and drops and 5-counts Ryback.

His shirt can say Feed me GOLDBERG!

I got angry when they came back from commercial and D-Bry was beating on The Shield, like the most exciting part and they say time to advertise some fast food!

Seriously I'm half expecting:

*moments ago*

Cole: WELCOME BACK TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW, DURING THE BREAK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, DOLPH ZIGGLER CASHED IN HIS MONEY IN THE BANK AND IS NOW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!

If oooooonly you had the WWE app on a cellphone, here let me painfully explain to you how you too could have seen the excitement!

Jerry King: I have a phone too, let me make sure to show you how this one works....

JBL: THIS IS HOW WE DO IT ON THURSDAY NIGHTS! THE A-SHOW!

Maddox is cool, and he had the only genuinely 'shocking' to me moment out of that award list. :|

It was the only serious "WAIT WTF?" did not expect that moment for me. They had painted themselves into such a corner with not wanting Goldberg to lose but not wanting him to win then when it all looked over..... that happened and left us all like ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Was such a random thing, they didn't even steal it from TNA (I don't think?), shocking!

Agh I said I wasn't' gonna get angry at the stupid awards lol, what else, hmm.

Kaitlyn randomly won a match! :D Against..... the................... champion she's been fed to over and over and over in previous months. :\ This company........

Alucard

Banned
I'm sure Heavy will have lots to say about this pic.

"I was really surprised and left with lots of questions. Does anyone know more about this guy? He looks imposing. You guys are always saying that WWE is the same old shit, but when they try something new, you complain too. Personally, I'm intrigued."

McNei1y

Mad Ox really was the only shocking thing on that list... and WWE knows this which is why he came out before Kofi. Some garbage right there. He needs more time.

Ithil

I'd argue CM Punk turning heel and attacking Rock was fairly shocking.

if you had starting a drinking game last night for every time they said "wwe app"... you'd be dead

Speaking of dead, someone tell Ryback to stop trying to kill Seth Rollins. It's quite rude.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's okay guys, Rollins is young, it'll be at least 10 year before he gets to Mick Foley levels of broken down.

sajj316

To be honest guys .. I'm not sure what direction they are going with AJ. Is she a whore? Is she psychotic and toying with a man's affection to get what she wants? Why was she made GM in the first place?

Ithil

To be honest guys .. I'm not sure what direction they are going with AJ. Is she a whore? Is she psychotic and toying with a man's affection to get what she wants? Why was she made GM in the first place?

She got over and they didn't know what to do with her. So they picked the wrong thing to do.

Aiii

So not worth it
They were lost for a while, but if you must know, she's back to being a woman who manipulates men into giving her attention.

Top Bottom