• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Omega

Banned
I had a lot of fun at RAW tonight, but I'm hearing a lot of negative feedback from people who watched at home. Aside from the shitty matches, was it really that bad of a show? I thought it was surprisingly good.

i hated it because Sandow got a jobber entrance and Ziggler seemingly got pushed aside for awkward looking Mark Henry Jr

Ithil

i hated it because Sandow got a jobber entrance and Ziggler seemingly got pushed aside for awkward looking Mark Henry Jr

I wonder if this is meant to be "Ziggler can't take Cena one on one, so AJ got an enforcer to take him out". Course WWE did the old "interrupt at opportune time" routine so they didn't have to come up with a reason for AJ to turn on Cena yet. There was a lot of wheel spinning last night.

Aiii

So not worth it
I wonder if this is meant to be "Ziggler can't take Cena one on one, so AJ got an enforcer to take him out". Course WWE did the old "interrupt at opportune time" routine so they didn't have to come up with a reason for AJ to turn on Cena yet. There was a lot of wheel spinning last night.

Nobody can defeat Cena, he loses maybe 5 matches a year, one of them clean.

BlazinAm

I guess it is stupid that Ziggler is not going to get a 100% clean win over Cena but I think this pushes Ziggler closer to Big Show... I wonder if he cashes on Show or if they drop the title to someone else and then right there have the cash in.

sajj316

I look forward to the payoff after AJ has manipulated a dozen men.

It's stupid and my wife commented yesterday that they are making her look like a total whore. If that's the intent, they are succeeding ..

In the eyes of a man .. she is being manipulative
In the eyes of a woman .. she is being a whore

The innocent, neglected by the man, loves nerdy things AJ got over with the crowd .. no? What happened .. oh its the E. They never let a good thing marinate.

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ got over with her manipulative crazy chick gimmick, not before that.

Walking two paces behind Daniel Bryan didn't make her popular, jumping on Kane's hip and putting Bryan and Punk through a table did.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Condolences to Sokantish and his continued losing streak - he's giving Heavy a run for his money with streaks. Don't worry Sok you're just like the Raiders on an off year.

Congratulations to Aiii for what he managed last night. We'll see him next week.

Jaekwon was the highlight of the night for me, I really enjoyed him. Also good god Strobogo is a hoss.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Working on getting the WrassleGAF End of the Year polls up, going with a few here, but all feedback is appreciated, pretty much ripping off the LAW's end of year awards with some tweaks:

Best WWE Star
Best Non-WWE International Star (reason these two are separate is so that smaller feds deserve a shot as well, so much fragmentation though)
Best Female Wrestler
Best Tag Team
Best on the Mic
Best Comeback
Best Gimmick
Most Improved
Fall From Grace
Angle of the Year
WWE Match of the Year
Non-WWE International Match of the Year
Best Feud
Best PPV
Worst Angle of the Year
Worst On-Screen Performer of the Year
Most Underutilized Performer
Worst Moment That Made You Feel Wahjah

Aiii

So not worth it
Might want to get rid of awards that are dead giveaways. Worst angle for instance, there's no way that's not going to the Claire Lynch angle.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Might want to get rid of awards that are dead giveaways. Worst angle for instance, there's no way that's not going to the Claire Lynch angle.

I dunno, man. The AJ/Cena/Vickie "scandal" story has been working hard for that award.

But yeah, you're probably right.

Aiii

So not worth it
I dunno, man. The AJ/Cena/Vickie "scandal" story has been working hard for that award.

But yeah, you're probably right.

Mweh. I know I'm biased. But at least that led to a somewhat decent pay-off with Ziggler besting Cena.

I don't even remember what the pay-off for AJ Styles was in his storyline.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Mweh. I know I'm biased. But at least that led to a somewhat decent pay-off with Ziggler besting Cena.

I don't even remember what the pay-off for AJ Styles was in his storyline.

"AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels for the LAST TIME!".

2 months later "AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels"

Entropia

No One Remembers
Working on getting the WrassleGAF End of the Year polls up, going with a few here, but all feedback is appreciated, pretty much ripping off the LAW's end of year awards with some tweaks:

Best WWE Star
Best Non-WWE International Star (reason these two are separate is so that smaller feds deserve a shot as well, so much fragmentation though)
Best Female Wrestler
Best Tag Team
Best on the Mic
Best Comeback
Best Gimmick
Most Improved
Fall From Grace
Angle of the Year
WWE Match of the Year
Best Feud
Best PPV
Worst Angle of the Year

Do we need the WrassleGAF App to vote in the WrassleGAFActive section?!?!?

Kaladin

Best WWE Star
Best Female Wrestler
Best Tag Team
Best on the Mic
Best Comeback
Best Gimmick
Most Improved
Fall From Grace
Angle of the Year
WWE Match of the Year
Best Feud
Best PPV
Worst Angle of the Year

Wrestling Gif of the Year
Mugshot of the Year

Ithil

iZfkxPgAt2QAO.gif

Yeah.

ecurbj

i6W8yhIbI3Pkz.gif

I'm so glad someone made a gif of her going up that ladder. Definitely saving it. Jay Lethal must of had a field day with that ass or even her in general.

I like that extra arch in her back. Makes me think when doing it from the...You guys get what I was going to say, lol.

Laserfrog

In that gif she's doomed to never make it to the top of the ladder, she'll try an eternity to make it to the top and as soon as you think she'll make it, she's at the bottom again. It's like life or something.

What I'm trying to say is, don't ever dream. You'll never achieve it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man she's trying too hard. Her soul must die every time she's encouraged to do that.

Aiii

So not worth it
After AJ Lee turned on John Cena at TLC, there was some talk about WWE using the TMZ photos of John Cena and Nikki Bella at her high school reunion to explain why she snapped.

Reality era, hoooooooo!

Shelton Benjamin appears to be the latest former WWE superstar that the company is looking to bring back. F4wonline.com reports that Benjamin recently gave his notice to Ring of Honor, was released from his contract and will begin negotiating with WWE soon.

Benjamin might continue working for ROH until a deal with WWE is made, but there’s a strong chance we’ll see him back in WWE in the coming weeks.

and

The Iron Sheik is at it again – this time, giving out his own Slammy Awards. Warning, these tweets are NOT PG:

The Iron Sheik ✔
@the_ironsheik
Ric Flair on the WWE Raw, he my good friend from the Minnesota. If i want i can beat the fuck out of him till he cry like little bitch

The Iron Sheik ✔
@the_ironsheik
hulk hogan win Slammy for having smallest dick in wrestling

The Iron Sheik ✔
@the_ironsheik
Virgil win the #SlammyAwards for being most broke dumb motherfucker

The Iron Sheik ✔
@the_ironsheik
Ultimate Warrior win #SlammyAwards for being the biggest freak piece of shit no good motherfucker #teamsheikie

The Iron Sheik ✔
@the_ironsheik
Ricky Steamboat my friend forever. Shooting wise i beat the fuck out of him if i want with one finger

The Iron Sheik ✔
@the_ironsheik
AJ dumb bitch or good girl?

Heh, gotta love Sheik.

- Following Big E Langston’s debut on RAW and attack of John Cena, several fans tweeted WWE superstar Ezekiel Jackson thinking it was him who appeared at the end of RAW. They’re both really muscular and have great tans, but we’re not sure what the confusion was about.

Poor Zeke :lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright guys, the WrassleGAF End of the Year Awards is live! Vote once, (because it's really easy to see who votes more than once) and vote with feeling! Quote to see the link!

McNei1y

Alright guys, the WrassleGAF End of the Year Awards is live! Vote once, (because it's really easy to see who votes more than once) and vote with feeling! Quote to see the link!

I'll vote once I have time.

Highlight of the night in GWF was the
Halloween Havoc flashback
I also loved the new additions.
Bootaaay had an amazing comeback on Mr. Sandman though. At least I eliminated him in the battle royal!! lol

New ROH DVD coming out.

Disc 1
1. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Nigel McGuinness… Fate Of An Angel 7/16/05 (ROH debut)
2. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Colt Cabana… Joe Vs. Kobashi 10/1/05
3. Clip of Claudio Castagnoli vs. ROH Pure Champion Nigel McGuinness (Non Title Match)… Enter The Dragon 10/14/05
4. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Alex Shelley… This Means War 10/29/05
5. Highlights of ROH Pure Title Match: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Nigel McGuinness…Final Battle 2005 12/17/05
6. ROH Pure Title Match: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Nigel McGuinness … Best In The World 3/25/06
7. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Christopher Daniels… The 100th Show 4/22/06
8. Claudio's turn during 100th Show main event
9. Anything Goes Match: Claudio Castagnoli, Super Dragon, Necro Butcher, & Nate Webb vs. Adam Pearce, Ace Steel, Colt Cabana, & BJ Whitmer… Weekend of Champions Night 1 4/28/06
10. Closing minutes of Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero vs. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong (World Tag Team Title Match)… Glory By Honor V Night 2 9/16/06
11 Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (World Tag Team Title Match)… International Challenge 12/22/06
12. Closing minute of Hero & Claudio vs. Briscoes at Final Battle 2006 and post match angle where Sweeney fires Claudio
13. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Chris Hero vs. Nigel McGuinness vs. Mike Quackenbush (#1 Contender Four Corner Survival Match)… A Fight At The Roxbury 6/8/07
14. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Matt Sydal…Driven 6/23/07
15. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Hallowicked (First Round Match)...Race To The Top Tournament Night 1 7/27/07
16. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Mike Quackenbush (Quarter-Finals)… Race To The Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07
17. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Jack Evans (Semi-Finals)...Race To The Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07

Disc 2
18. Claudio Castagnoli vs. El Generico (Finals)… Race To The Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07
19. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Takeshi Morishima (ROH World Title Match)… Death Before Dishonor V, Night 1 8/10/07
20. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Takeshi Morishima vs. Brent Albright (ROH World Title Match)… Caged Rage 8/24/07
21. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Naomichi Marufuji…Glory By Honor VI Night 2 11/3/07
22. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Austin Aries...Transform 1/12/08
22. Claudio Castagnoli vs. El Generico… Without Remorse- Chicago Ridge, IL 1/26/08
23. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Kota Ibushi… Injustice- Edison, NJ 4/12/08
24. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Bryan Danielson...Vendetta II 6/28/08
25. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Bryan Danielson...Northern Navigation 7/25/08
26. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH World Title Match)… New Horizons 7/26/08

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...io-Castagnoli-DVD-Set.htm#ZmVy3CL6ZUqV48VA.99

Best WWE Star
Best Female Wrestler
Best Tag Team
Best on the Mic
Best Comeback
Best Gimmick
Most Improved
Fall From Grace
Angle of the Year
WWE Match of the Year
Best Feud
Best PPV
Worst Angle of the Year

Personally, I'd add a few;

Best Technical Wrestler
Best Finisher
Rising Star of the Indies
Best Debut
Rookie of the Year

*edit, oh it's already live, nevermind :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, I'd add a few;

Best Technical Wrestler
Best Finisher
Rising Star of the Indies
Best Debut
Rookie of the Year

Debut/Rookie and Finisher :( Dammit, it doesn't let me edit!

Toki767

I wonder if we're supposed to remember that Big E. Langston was the guy in those Cena videos against The Rock earlier this year who worked out at Cena's training facility that used to be FCW where they all kept talking about how great a guy Cena was.

Top Bottom