• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Good night, folks.

9genericorampage2.gif

Oh shit

Here's a philosophical question for everybody: why do you watch wrestling?

Follow up questions: what do you get out of it? What does it do for you?

Why do I watch? I unno, storytelling that leads to physical conflict where the storytelling then continues throughout a match, and (in a perfect situation) gets more layered and intense in further confrontations. It's modern day gladiators with 95% less death, and more theatricality.

What do I get out of it? With the right situation it's a great short action film with the added bonus of crowd reactions that can play into what's happening. Watching wrestlers feed off that crowd energy is always fun.

Why do I watch today? With Raw, it's purely a habit I can't seem to break. Stuff I actively seek out still provides the goods though.

tm24

Does it make me a bad wrestling fan that I think I'd rather see Generico vs Santino than Generico vs D-Bryne right now?

Fuck no, it makes you one of the awesome wrestling fans. I want to see that now too. Man, Colt vs Santino is kind of a dream match for me

strobogo

Banned
Fuck no, it makes you one of the awesome wrestling fans. I want to see that now too. Man, Colt vs Santino is kind of a dream match for me

I know that feel, bro. In fact, I'd rather see D-Bryne vs Generico on SMS than a 15 minute PPV match. Colt vs Santino is something I've wanted for a couple of years now and makes me hope that Cabana is still wrestling when Santino eventually gets axed. I feel like that in Chikara or PWG would be the best.

Remember when Santino nearly won the Elimination chamber(?) and the crowd was losing their shit?

I bet a short Santino WHC title run could be fun.

I guess I would agree with this. I find myself rolling my eyes whenever he's on screen though. I pretty much have the same reaction when Khali and Hornswaggle are on.

That's harsh. Santino doesn't get a lot to work with, but he's clearly more talented and natural than either of those two. He'd be a fantastic midcard face if comedic wrestler didn't = jobber in the WWE.

I still say they should've pulled the trigger.

I don't think they should've pulled the trigger there, but I still think they missed an opportunity to evolve Santino a bit after the Elimination Chamber reaction. That should've been something of a turning point with the character to where he realized he's more than just a comedy buffoon and can actually hang with guys like D. Brine.

But y'know, more Cobra and random losses/wins because HE'S SO FUNNI

McNei1y

That's harsh. Santino doesn't get a lot to work with, but he's clearly more talented and natural than either of those two. He'd be a fantastic midcard face if comedic wrestler didn't = jobber in the WWE.

Good point. I don't mind his wrestling matches but it's clear hes jobbing right now so it's not even worth watching. And his backstage promos don't make me laugh as much as I'd hope for a comedic wrestler. I think my breaking point was when he was searching for the anonymous GM like he was Sherlock Holmes.

strobogo

Banned
A 2 week-month long reign wouldn't have hurt anything if it wasn't a month before WM. I don't think he's been used to his strengths lately, though. He's been pretty much a straight wrestler in the past couple of months, and he's really not that good in that kind of role. His stuff with Austin was probably his peak of awesomeness.

A 2 week-month long reign wouldn't have hurt anything if it wasn't a month before WM. I don't think he's been used to his strengths lately, though. He's been pretty much a straight wrestler in the past couple of months, and he's really not that good in that kind of role. His stuff with Austin was probably his peak of awesomeness.

He's basically just Christian enhancement talent used for the Cobra pop right now.

DXPett1

You know what feud I liked? And I only liked one guy involved in it.

Smackdown's Triple H/Jeff Hardy/Brian Kendrick feud. That was a good one.
tumblr_m57fu7z0zg1qb502xo1_500.jpg

I miss the Kendrick/London entrance. Reminded me of the Rockers entrance. That alone got me excited for their match

strobogo

Banned
I think Spanky's random off hand Coast to Coast AM reference back stage in a TNA segment is one of my favorite moments in his career.

list of names of future WWE superstars

Slab Bulkhead
Fridge Largemeat
Punt Speedchunk
Butch Deadlift
Bold Bigflank
Splint Chesthair
Flint Ironstag
Bolt Vanderhuge
Thick McRunfast
Blast Hardcheese
Buff Drinklots
Crunch Slamchest
Fist Rockbone
Stump Beefknob
Smash Lampjaw
Punch Rockgroin
Buck Plankchest
Stump Junkman
Dirk Hardpec
Rip Steakface
Slate Slabrock
Crud Bonemeal
Brick Hardmeat
Rip Slagcheek
Punch Sideiron
Ryback
Gristle McThornbody
Slate Fistcrunch
Buff Hardback
Bob Johnson
Blast Thickneck
Crunch Buttsteak
Slab Squatthrust
Lump Beefbroth
Touch Rustrod
Beef Blastbody
Big McLargehuge
Smoke Manmuscle
Beat Punchmeat
Hack Blowfist
Roll Fizzlebeef

Hello new friend

Aiii

So not worth it
Former WWE Superstar Tyler Reks vented on Twitter Sunday night, making comments about John Cena, Randy Orton, Zack Ryder and other WWE talents. Here are his tweets:

"Trying to think of some good dirt I could spill about WWE. Prepare yourselves…"

"Anyone want to know what top guy forced me to stop using the burning hammer – even after it appeared on SD/RAW and PPV’s? … 1st house show loop, Cena asks pulls me aside, degrades me like I’m 10 years & tells me if I use it again I’d me fired. He yelled at me & said, ‘Who gave u permission to use that’? Apparently he hadn’t been watching the product 4 the last 8 months… Or perhaps how he stole our idea to get fired, use social media to get over, & run in from the crowd (Given to Miz & Truth)… I still have the promo DVD our idea was burned onto when Cena supposedly helped us with the idea – then lied & said it wasn’t stolen later."

"People say I’m bitter now. No, I just think truth is in order. Don’t want people to be disillusioned like I was."

"Anyone have a story about the world’s biggest baby? Oh, I do … Dude’s been on his bus for years, decides to come to the locker room & starts yelling at everyone to take their bags to their cars… All because a new WHC was putting on his boots on the floor. He ALWAYS puts his boots on on the floor."

"Edge, Christian, Jericho, Kane, Taker, Kofi, Truth – all good guys… Ziggler = stand up dude. Great guy. Talented. Good heart and works hard. @ZackRyder is a great dude. Innovated& determined to that last ounce. Wrestling is all he ever wanted to do. Great guy."

"Swags? Good guy. Nothing bad to say. Love the dude. Riley? Great guy – talented. Would be over as all hell if a certain someone wasn’t holding him down… #YouKnowWho"

"Randy [Orton]‘s actually very cool. Got a lot of respect for him. Calm, mellow, helpful. I dig the guy. Keep cheerin him."

So, who's the guy on the bus? Punk?

Ithil

Big Show I assume.

However, I wouldn't take all of his stuff about Cena that seriously, the guys that don't make it always make it a point to excessively knock him over the others. I mean, complaining that his "get fired" idea was "stolen" and it was Awesome Truth who got it instead of...Reks and Hawkins? Of course they got it, it was a major storyline, not one for enhancement talent.

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't assume anyone takes Reks seriously, ever. Guy wasn't even even remotely considered a top talent or even a future talent.

Most people seem to like Cena backstage, spends quite some time helping new talent backstage with advise from what I can gather.

Big Show?
Yah it's Big Show. I also like how he just name drops Cena fuck the clues. Plus it seems pretty legit the guy didn't get fired he left to be with his family. I'm sure he just decided fuck that place I'm never going back there here's some stuff that happened to me while I was there.

strobogo

Banned
I don't understand. Why can't you pull a chair to put your boots on? Or bench, since most locker rooms have one or the other or both. God damn Goatface, such a diva.

Kyoufu

Big Show I assume.

However, I wouldn't take all of his stuff about Cena that seriously, the guys that don't make it always make it a point to excessively knock him over the others. I mean, complaining that his "get fired" idea was "stolen" and it was Awesome Truth who got it instead of...Reks and Hawkins? Of course they got it, it was a major storyline, not one for enhancement talent.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't take credit for that awful angle.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't understand. Why can't you pull a chair to put your boots on? Or bench, since most locker rooms have one or the other or both. God damn Goatface, such a diva.

Having to lace those things while bend over sitting on a chair?

I believe I'd be sitting on the ground as well tbh.

Ithil

Also, Reks getting salty for being told to not do his terrible version of the Burning Hammer is just kinda funny.

Aiii

So not worth it
Also I don't think I have ever seen cena use the "burning hammer"

It had some similarities to Cena's Attitude Adjustment. So I guess that's what Cena took offense to.

Maybe because Reks' finisher didn't look like utter shit he felt it made him look bad. Not that it looked that great, but hey, better than the AA.

Also I don't think I have ever seen cena use the "burning hammer"
Um the burning hammer looks similar to Cena's fireman s carry and even a poor executed one would look better than Cena's move. Also when Reks supposed idea was stolen fits into the timeline when Hawkins and Reks were showing up on Raw beating up guys helping Johnny Ace.

Also I remember Brodus unstoppable heel idea was also taken from him and given to mark Henry

Top Bottom