• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Telly gets a pass cause he was Blofeld and Kojak

Batista was in...wrong side of town :\

lEurS.jpg

Reading random WWE business info from dirtsheets desperate to have anything post.

Nothing shocking, live attendance down, TV views down etc.

All is as you would expect but ONE THING.... DVD units shipped were 556,000, up 107% from 268,000 last year.

A little shocked DVD sales are up. Yeah they are not exactly selling gangbusters anyway but who the heck buys DVD's/BR's in this day and age.

strobogo

Banned
I haven't bought a wrestling DVD since 2002 when I bought a few ROH shows. I bought one or two shows on VHS in 2003 for some reason. I think you'd have to pay me to buy a wrestling DVD.

The more and more I watch Brian Cage (Taylor), the more and more I am impressed with they guy. He is a huge talent and someone the WWE should sign as he is a bodybuilder who can actually wrestle. Shame he got cut from FCW a while back.

I buy very few wrestling DVDs nowadays, as I mainly go for iPPVs and MP4 downloads - PWG (and a handful of smaller indies) are the only promotion I still buy DVDs from, and only then because their MP4 downloads are so slow to release. Digital is the future.

Oh, nice - CHIKARA student show Wrestling is Fun! are running an iPPV this Saturday, priced at just $4.99;

ibtz1pcapSNm0v.jpg

http://www.smvod.com/premium-video/wrestling-fun-december-29-2012-allentown-pa-ippv - $4.99

• 'Mr. Touchdown' Mark Angelosetti vs Fire Ant
  • Hallowicked & Frightmare vs The Devastation Corporation
  • Jaka vs Saturyne
  • Lance Steel vs Juan Francisco De Coronado
  • Green Ant vs STIGMA
  • Latvian Proud Oak vs Obaryion
  • assailANT vs Dasher Hatfield
  • Los Ice Creams vs Kodama & Kobalt
  • Jolly Roger vs Oleg the Usurper

Looks like a fun card, I'll definitely be watching for such a low price after they gave the last two WiF! iPPVs away for free. Should be a good main event between Touchdown & Fire Ant, and I'm looking forward to seeing if Hallowicked & Frightmare can take down The Devastation Corporation - I watched the Wresting is Awesome! debut event last night, and the Corporation just absolutely murdered 3.0. Jaka vs Saturyne is a complete mismatch, but I'm looking forward to seeing the jungle warrior do his thing. Juan Francisco De Coronado has been impressive on both WiF! & WiA! shows, and while the Latvian Proud Oak is the strangest gimmick I've seen in recent years, he's pretty hilarious. Shame there's no Jervis Cottenbelly on the card though.

Who's gonna watch the last iPPV of 2012? Only $4.99! It'll be fun, I promise.

Also, some ROH matches signed;

. 01/05/13, Baltimore, MD - TV Taping - The Briscoes (c) vs Coleman & Alexander, plus the 2013 Top Prospect Tournament featuring ACH, QT Marshall and 6 more competitors to be announced.

. 01/18/13, Dearborn, MI - The Briscoes (c) vs The American Wolves, Proving Ground Match: Adam Cole vs Jimmy Jacobs, Grudge Match: Jay Lethal vs Steve Corino, Michael Elgin vs Rhino

. 01/19/13, Milwaukee, WI - Kevin Steen (c) vs Eddie Edwards vs Roderick Strong vs Michael Elgin, Grudge Match: Davey Richards vs Kyle O'Reilly, Six-Man Tag Team Grudge Match: The Briscoes & Jay Lethal vs Steve Corino, Jimmy Jacobs & Rhino, Matt Hardy vs BJ Whitmer

FallingEdge said:
The more and more I watch Brian Cage (Taylor), the more and more I am impressed with they guy. He is a huge talent and someone the WWE should sign as he is a bodybuilder who can actually wrestle. Shame he got cut from FCW a while back.

Yeah, he's got a great look, obvious charisma and is ridiculously strong, but he still needs a bit more work in structuring his matches sensibly. I'd expect him to be in line for the PWG title sometime in 2013.

I wanna get in on this Royal Rumble stuff, too. Y'all are gonna explain it when you hash out the details, right?

So, it's Thursday and we need some new conversation happening in here. So let's go with a question:

Name some gimmicks you absolutely HATED.

From a personal standpoint I'm still offended and hate Saba Simba.

I don't hate them outright, but Cryme Tyme and R. Truth's obsession with Lil' Jimmy make me actually shake my head with embarrassment. They're two gimmicks that burnt through any potential they had really quickly and came close to devolving into straight-up coonery as they dragged on - Truth isn't as close to crossing that line as he used to be, but he was right on the edge for a few months.

I want to give an honorable mention to Max Moon, though - it's an incredibly stupid gimmick, but I always felt like he would have been huge in Mexico if they called him Max Mazinger and gave him a spring-loaded plaster fist to fire off at the start of the match, Rocket Punch-style.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't hate them outright, but Cryme Tyme and R. Truth's obsession with Lil' Jimmy make me actually shake my head with embarrassment. They're two gimmicks that burnt through any potential they had really quickly and came close to devolving into straight-up coonery as they dragged on - Truth isn't as close to crossing that line as he used to be, but he was right on the edge for a few months.

Remember Cryme Tyme's debut vignettes? horrific.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I wanna get in on this Royal Rumble stuff, too. Y'all are gonna explain it when you hash out the details, right?

It's pretty simple, you get assigned a number 1-30. You get whoever comes out at that number in the Royal Rumble.

Example you get #12 and it's JTG.
I get #23 and it's Cena.

If JTG wins the Rumble, then you win!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty simple, you get assigned a number 1-30. You get whoever comes out at that number in the Royal Rumble.

I get #23 and it's Cena.

When JTG wins the Rumble, then you win!

Fixed that for ya, unbeliever!

Winners also get a title shot on GWF.

strobogo

Banned
I want in for the rumble. How are the numbers selected? And what happens if more than 30 people want in?

What happened to Sarita? I remember she had a case of Bells Palsy I think, so instead of TNA giving her time off, they just had her wear a mask. Then she and Rosita just vanished.

What happened to Sarita? I remember she had a case of Bells Palsy I think, so instead of TNA giving her time off, they just had her wear a mask. Then she and Rosita just vanished.

She's been working in CMLL and Japan as the Dark Angel Sarah Stock. Rosita wrestles in FWE out of New York.

It's ridiculous the amount of women's wrestling talent TNA have let slip through their fingers. Dark Angel, Ayako Hamada, Cheerleader Melissa, Daffney, Nikki Roxx, etc.

G-Fex said:

It's a complete mismatch, and unless the Intergalactic Luchadora can use her speed and aerial offence to outwit the jungle savage Jaka, I'm betting the match ends with Saturyne tapping out in the Jaws of the Jaguar.

Remember Cryme Tyme's debut vignettes? horrific.
I remember one of their early skits where they confronted someone who was more or less calling them thugs, chewed him out for reducing them to stereotypes, and then stole his stuff anyway out of spite. I thought that they were going to be like all the time, so I was actually looking forward to their debut for a while.

Then, well, everything else happened.

I get #23 and it's Cena.

If JTG wins the Rumble, then you win!

Thanks for the explanation. It sounds like fun, I hope there's enough slots left over for me.

I'm still awestruck at the fact that JTG has been employed for 05 Years, 227 Days, 20 Hours, 30 Minutes and 17 Seconds.

DKehoe

Alrighty, preparation for the 2013 Wrassle GAF Rumble starts here!

So far the entrants are: me, Sunflower, Linkified, G-Fex, Guzim, Bootaaay, A Pretty Panda, Entropia, Jamie OD, RBH, SousedLouse, strobogo

How does it work?
It was already explained in the thread but I will do so here. You get randomly assigned a number which will correspond to an entrant in the Rumble. So if Soulplaya gets drawn #17 and the 17th guy to enter the Rumble is Kane then that is who he has drawn and he can die happy.

If your entrant wins then you win the Rumble. There isn't anything at stake but it's just a fun extra we have done here the past few years. You can end up being emotionally invested in someone you normally don't care about or even typically dislike.

How do I enter?
It's easy enough, just PM me on here and say you want in. You can say in the thread that you want to but I may end up missing it. I will post an updated list of entrants every couple of days, if you have said you want in but haven't been entered yet let me know and I will fix it.

How is my number decided?
You DON'T get to pick your own number, so please don't ask for a particular one. The numbers get assigned randomly. We get quite a lot of entrants, I'm pretty sure last year's was over 100, so people will be sharing numbers. Once I have the list I divide it into groups of 30 and use this site to randomise the order of each list.

It's all simple enough but if you have any other questions just ask.

I just saw Perspicacity's post about a gambling one, I'm happy to create a seperate pool for those that want to do that. What would be the best way to handle the money though? Paypal?

Judderman

drawer by drawer

So far the entrants are: me, Sunflower, Linkified, G-Fex, Guzim, Bootaaay, A Pretty Panda, Entropia, Jamie OD, RBH, SousedLouse, strobogo

How does it work?
It was already explained in the thread but I will do so here. You get randomly assigned a number which will correspond to an entrant in the Rumble. So if Soulplaya gets drawn #17 and the 17th guy to enter the Rumble is Kane then that is who he has drawn and he can die happy.

If your entrant wins then you win the Rumble. There isn't anything at stake but it's just a fun extra we have done here the past few years. You can end up being emotionally invested in someone you normally don't care about or even typically dislike.

How do I enter?
It's easy enough, just PM me on here and say you want in. You can say in the thread that you want to but I may end up missing it. I will post an updated list of entrants every couple of days, if you have said you want in but haven't been entered yet let me know and I will fix it.

You DON'T get to pick your own number, so please don't ask for a particular one. The numbers get assigned randomly. We get quite a lot of entrants, I'm pretty sure last year's was over 100, so people will be sharing numbers. Once I have the list I divide it into groups of 30 and use this site to randomise the order of each list.

I just saw Perspicacity's post about a gambling one, I'm happy to create a seperate pool for those that want to do that. What would be the best way to handle the money though? Paypal?

Sign me up!

XenoRaven

I wonder if Saturyne is like the principal from Billy Madison and has a super important job and the wrestling thing is a secret life that she's hiding from everyone. Like lawyer by day, masked wrestler by night.

How does it work?

How do I enter?

I definitely want in! Done this the past two years and I always get stuck with jobbers. Still fun!

alstein

He seems like a awesome guy who just happened to work for a bunch of jackasses.

He was pretty damn good on commentary and did a good job getting you hyped. Something current wrestling commentary is sourly lacking.

Currently he's the announcer for the AAA Gwinnett Braves. Heard he's happier doing baseball.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Winners of the GAF Rumble also get a GWF Title Shot! IF they want it. Some of you have no interest in the almighty GWF. And that's ok.

somedevil

How does it work?

How do I enter?

I want in as well.

How does it work?

How do I enter?

I'll sign up for the "prime" one as well.

As for the gambling one, yeah Paypal is probably easiest. We'll need someone to act as trustee to collect the funds prior to the event rather than trying to force people to comply after they've already lost.
I'd volunteer myself but I'm pretty sporadic in my posting/less recognizable in here than others. Sunflower is probably trusted well enough here if he is willing to do it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll sign up for the "prime" one as well.

As for the gambling one, yeah Paypal is probably easiest. We'll need someone to act as trustee to collect the funds prior to the event rather than trying to force people to comply after they've already lost.
I'd volunteer myself but I'm pretty sporadic in my posting/less recognizable in here than others. Sunflower is probably trusted well enough here if he is willing to do it.

I love you guys - but - I am totally not going to touch anything money related. We just wrapped up a contest at my job with a $1k prize and people get fucking insane with money. I don't know if I should be the one to touch this, it makes me uncomfy and SCARED!

Top Bottom