• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This (fake) John Cena phone scam is SOOOOOO FUNNNNNY: http://media.z104.com/a/67368183/phone-scam-john-cena.htm

That was good, got some smiles from my stoic face.
\

NEW PAGE:
M3HKC.gif

I've heard rumblings that DDT4 was booked way in advance. mostly for the Briscoes sake. So that might explain it.

Oh yeah, PWG have had trouble with the Briscoes no-showing a bunch of times before, right?

Aiii said:

I just get "WWE Pay Per Views are currently not available in your area." Guess WWE really don't want my money,

Just another reason why New Japan is superior - biggest show of the year, $35 bucks, live worldwide;

http://wrestlekingdom.jp/en/

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/njpw1972

iHkflTCbXXJS1.gif

You just HAD to remind me. I'm so goddamned hyped for Wrestle Kingdom. GOD. SO HYPED. Gonna be amazing.

Seriously, it's going to be a great show. There isn't a single match I'm not at least a bit hyped for, except for the random multi-man tag to open the show.

Actually, I just noticed that Akebono & BOB FUCKING SAPP have been added to the opening match to make it an 8-man tag! WTF?

Lol, from the ROH newswire today;

"Everybody in the Briscoe family is safe after an unruly Christmas party that saw Mark Briscoe almost lose his hand."

Oh, Dem Boys. It'll be interesting to see what happens when their ROH contracts expire early next year, as I feel they've done pretty much everything there is for them to do in ROH - they, more than anyone else on the roster, could really benefit from a change of scenery. Also, Dem Boys are pretty much a perfect gimmick for WWE.

Kaladin

Lol, from the ROH newswire today;

"Everybody in the Briscoe family is safe after an unruly Christmas party that saw Mark Briscoe almost lose his hand."

Oh, Dem Boys. It'll be interesting to see what happens when their ROH contracts expire early next year, as I feel they've done pretty much everything there is for them to do in ROH - they, more than anyone else on the roster, could really benefit from a change of scenery. Also, Dem Boys are pretty much a perfect gimmick for WWE.

I'd rather see them in TNA where they can still be dem boys.

I'd rather see them in TNA where they can still be dem boys.

Yeah, but...TNA.

Also, you remove the swearing, Jay's homophobia and eagerness to juice, and they're pretty much a PG tag team as it is.

Okado? I think you guys mean Okato from tna?

It's pretty hilarious that the MVP of Japanese wrestling for 2012 spent two years doing sweet fuck all in TNA. Talk about a waste of talent.

Jamie OD

Remember Cryme Tyme's debut vignettes? horrific.

I liked the one where they robbed a smoothie store because it made them look like bad criminals for three reasons.

1. They made no effort hiding their identities. JTG even did a bunch of poses and shoutouts towards the security camera.
2. Shad was in the background the entire time wrecking the place while searching for cash.
3. They were robbing a smoothie store! How desperate for cash do you have to be in order rob one of those places?

I buy very few wrestling DVDs nowadays, as I mainly go for iPPVs and MP4 downloads - PWG (and a handful of smaller indies) are the only promotion I still buy DVDs from, and only then because their MP4 downloads are so slow to release. Digital is the future.

Oh, nice - CHIKARA student show Wrestling is Fun! are running an iPPV this Saturday, priced at just $4.99;

http://www.smvod.com/premium-video/wrestling-fun-december-29-2012-allentown-pa-ippv - $4.99

• 'Mr. Touchdown' Mark Angelosetti vs Fire Ant
  • Hallowicked & Frightmare vs The Devastation Corporation
  • Jaka vs Saturyne
  • Lance Steel vs Juan Francisco De Coronado
  • Green Ant vs STIGMA
  • Latvian Proud Oak vs Obaryion
  • assailANT vs Dasher Hatfield
  • Los Ice Creams vs Kodama & Kobalt
  • Jolly Roger vs Oleg the Usurper

Looks like a fun card, I'll definitely be watching for such a low price after they gave the last two WiF! iPPVs away for free. Should be a good main event between Touchdown & Fire Ant, and I'm looking forward to seeing if Hallowicked & Frightmare can take down The Devastation Corporation - I watched the Wresting is Awesome! debut event last night, and the Corporation just absolutely murdered 3.0. Jaka vs Saturyne is a complete mismatch, but I'm looking forward to seeing the jungle warrior do his thing. Juan Francisco De Coronado has been impressive on both WiF! & WiA! shows, and while the Latvian Proud Oak is the strangest gimmick I've seen in recent years, he's pretty hilarious. Shame there's no Jervis Cottenbelly on the card though.

Who's gonna watch the last iPPV of 2012? Only $4.99! It'll be fun, I promise.

I am most certainly in for this. The two free WIF shows were fun and this seems like it will also be pretty good.The main event should deliver and the rest of the card looks solid. The CHIKARA roster is going to have some nice new additions in the near future. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Devastation Corporation in a competitive match and of course that hot new sensation Latvian Proud Oak.

Oh man, some bad PWG news - El Generico is injured and unable to compete in DDT4! Instead, Kevin Steen's new partner for the tournament will be Willie Mack.

Couple of changes to the Wrestle Kingdom VII card;

ijNJIPTAQWOD6.jpg

iokj0oFVbsjAM.jpg

Daichi Hashimoto picked up a hand injury on ZERO1's Christmas Eve show, so will be unable to make his New Japan debut at Wrestle Kingdom :( - in his place, Z1 patriarch Shinjiro Ohtani will team up with Keiji Mutoh to take on TenKoji.

Also, Shinsuke Nakamura says Bob Sapp is now an honorary member of CHAOS and will compete in the opening match, while legendary sumo Akebono joins MVP, Manabu Nakanishi & Strongman to even out the numbers.

Good episode of The Art of Wrestling w/ Colt Cabana this week as his guest is CZW/PWG wrestler Drake Younger;

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

The CHIKARA roster is going to have some nice new additions in the near future. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Devastation Corporation in a competitive match and of course that hot new sensation Latvian Proud Oak.

3.0 put up a good fight against the Corporation, easily their toughest test yet, but Frightmare & Hallowicked should provide a more competitive match-up - I don't fancy Frightmare's chances of doing much damage to either Max Smashmaster or Blaster McMassive.

And, yeah, there's some pretty good gimmicks on the student roster - Juan Francisco de Coronado could get some epic heat if introduced right, and I really enjoy Jervis Cottonbelly's 'Gentleman's Gentleman' gimmick.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That 8man tag should still be entertaining. Strongman is ridiculous, but let's just add some BOB SAPPU. My god.

strobogo

Banned
Cryme Tyme's beginning was ridiculous. They tried to act like the vignettes were parodies of racial stereotypes, except at the end of each video, they'd play the stereotypes straight. They were all basically a white guy is uneasy and makes some kind of racial comment. Cryme Tyme are all "how dare you, that's a terrible stereotype", and then they'd act exactly how the stereotyping guy thought, completely justifying the white dude and reinforcing the negative trait they were "parodying".

They had to run a disclaimer on the website because they knew it was super offensive and the only way they got away with the whole thing was because CT were faces.

Jamie OD

One thing I love about WIF is it brings back the sillier "throw anything at the wall and see what sticks" gimmicks that Chikara used to do. Their current method of having almost every new gimmick be tied in with their big storyline or with an existing faction is fine but feels limiting and overdone, especially recently with the Gekido despite the fact I am a fan of that storyline.

strobogo

Banned
What does Chikara do when a guy goes down or no shows when they had him penciled in a year in advance for some show or part in the story?

One thing I love about WIF is it brings back the sillier "throw anything at the wall and see what sticks" gimmicks that Chikara used to do. Their current method of having almost every new gimmick be tied in with their big storyline or with an existing faction is fine but feels limiting and overdone, especially recently with the Gekido despite the fact I am a fan of that storyline.

Yeah, I can see the reasoning behind waiting for storylines to bring guys up, but it would be nice to see a few random new characters thrown in for good measure. I don't think Archie had much of a storyline when he started, and if he did I don't think anyone could have seen the direction his storyline would turn over the course of the year.

I've enjoyed the Gekido storyline, but I feel it could have been better had they been given more defined gimmicks - 3 of them are just evil ants, The Shard is evil Jigsaw and the only one with a proper gimmick, 17 (master of 17 forgotten submissions that even Quack doesn't know), gets dropped from the storyline altogether.

What does Chikara do when a guy goes down or no shows when they had him penciled in a year in advance for some show or part in the story?

Same as anyone, make shit up on the fly. I think the Colony/Gekido mix-up teams at King of Trios this year was a result of 17 getting 'injured' (no idea if it was storyline or what, he just seemed to disappear). Also, Quack is pretty ruthless with guys who no show - Lince Dorado hasn't worked Chikara since missing a big show during the BDK storyline in 2011.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane will get eliminated by Ryback too
At this point, I'm expecting Kane to work the concession stand at WM.

When he retires, it'll be on Superstars, and he'll job to Roman Reigns. Then, during his non-televised retirement speech, HHH will come out, spit in his face, pedigree him, and Kane will just walk out while HHH is celebrating in the ring. Afterwards, GGG will work as a member of the ring crew until he's 90 (and he'll set up the ring at multiple shows each day).

One day, at age 83, he'll climb onto the top rope when no one is watching, and execute a perfect top rope clothesline. He'll then stand up, dust himself off, shed a tear, and go back to work before Mr. Stephanie McMahon fires him. At age 90, he'll die after breaking his back lifting a turnbuckle stand, and the only thing that will be found on him will be a wallet full of pictures of his family. The WWE will then throw his carcass in their storage warehouse.

EDIT: And people will still be posting fan art of him that will go unnoticed by the company.

McNei1y

At this point, I'm expecting Kane to work the concession stand at WM.

When he retires, it'll be on Superstars, and he'll job to Roman Reigns. Then, during his non-televised retirement speech, HHH will come out, spit in his face, pedigree him, and Kane will just walk out while HHH is celebrating in the ring. Afterwards, GGG will work as a member of the ring crew until he's 90 (and he'll set up the ring at multiple shows each day).

One day, at age 83, he'll climb onto the top rope when no one is watching, and execute a perfect top rope clothesline. He'll then stand up, dust himself off, shed a tear, and go back to work before Mr. Stephanie McMahon fires him. At age 90, he'll die after breaking his back lifting a turnbuckle stand, and the only thing that will be found on him will be a wallet full of pictures of his family. The WWE will then throw his carcass in their storage warehouse.

EDIT: And people will still be posting fan art of him that will go unnoticed by the company.

That sounds about right.

somedevil

Bully Ray is 41 and Brooke Hogan is 24. This crowd doesn't give a crap about this angle. So are they saying that there is a tape that Hogan got?

DKehoe

Alright, update on current participants in the GAF Rumble before I go sleep.

me, Sunflower, Linkified, G-Fex, Guzim, Bootaaay, A Pretty Panda, Entropia, Jamie OD, RBH, SousedLouse, strobogo, Aiii, Judderman, Dork Knight, somedevil, Parallax, Frackh, Net_Wrecker, Professor Beef, Ithil, Laserfrog, Reneledarker, Mr. Sandman, BillRiccio

Remember PM me to say you want in, if you post it in the thread I may miss it.

Watching TNA for the first time ever. It's pitiful. I'm embarrassed for the wrestlers. The crowd is silent. And that announcers sound sleepy. The production and camera angles are so cheesy. Brutal all around.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Is there a way for a mod to have this playing in the background in the January thread?

Fuck yes! I love that cheesey 80's/early 90's stuff.

At the Royal Rumble PPV, they need this playing in the background while it shows wrestlers standing in front of a blue screen doing 5-10 second promos saying how they're gonna win the rumble!!

DMczaf

Fuck yes! I love that cheesey 80's/early 90's stuff.

At the Royal Rumble PPV, they need this playing in the background while it shows wrestlers standing in front of a blue screen doing 5-10 second promos saying how they're gonna win the rumble!!

3MB needs to do it.

Top Bottom