• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

GolazoDan

It's amazing how much Excalibur has improved, because there was a reason the default on old PWG shows was no commentary. He was awful. But he eventually found his style and it works perfectly with Joey, Steen and even Roddy, who's unexpectedly kind of funny. Failure to Communicate starts off with some greet Excalibur/Steen dialogue
He wasn't awful, he was the reason I first started buying PWG! The first DVDs I bought were ones before they did the commentary so that tells you something, Tango & Cash etc. It was a bit different because it was taped afterwards so it was like a director's commentary, dudes sat in their room joking and going off on tangents.

Striker

I agree with Foley. His best WWE match was with Shawn Michaels at Mind Games '96. At the time I didn't know who Mankind really was. Watching this match made me realize he wasn't just another "monster" the WWE made up to feed to Taker.
Mankind's work is legendary. His feud with The Rock is one of my favorites after the angle between Hart-Michaels-Austin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
These commercials are blowing my mind. Sisqo album commercials, Fast & the Furious...jeez. What's next? Corn Nuts?

Veda Scott gets absolutely murdered by The Batiri at AIW's Hell on Earth 8;

iPIRDIKTACJmQ.gif

It was a bit different because it was taped afterwards so it was like a director's commentary, dudes sat in their room joking and going off on tangents.

I haven't seen many of the early PWG shows, but Maffew of Botchamania fame did a 2003 PWGamania video that featured clips from that era - hilarious hearing Excalibur bury his own matches on commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TszwQRqEjJ4

tm24

He wasn't awful, he was the reason I first started buying PWG! The first DVDs I bought were ones before they did the commentary so that tells you something, Tango & Cash etc. It was a bit different because it was taped afterwards so it was like a director's commentary, dudes sat in their room joking and going off on tangents.

Yeah, i own them all too, but it was still pretty distracting. Theyre funny, but totally take away from the wrestling. Now, he balances the two pretty well. Also, i hated Disco Machine on commentary

I remember everyone losing their mind when they picked Nidia over Taylor as the female Tough Enough winner.

It's a shame Taylor didn't last long in the business. She would have eventually made it back. She quit after about a year and a half on the indies. Although she married Brian Kendrick, so I guess that's something.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I remember everyone losing their mind when they picked Nidia over Taylor as the female Tough Enough winner.

It's a shame Taylor didn't last long in the business. She would have eventually made it back. She quit after about a year and a half on the indies. Although she married Brian Kendrick, so I guess that's something.

Taylor! That was her name. Fuck she was cute.

I think I have some old as Hell pic on my computer at home that has a pic of Maven beside a pic of the eagle from the Muppets, and another with a pic of Nidia beside a picture of Leatherface.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody else playing The Last Story right now?

I think I played it on the Wii years ago, pretty forgettable. Is it on Wii U or something? Being a king was sweet, but I had no patience for that shit.

Alucard

Banned
I think I played it on the Wii years ago, pretty forgettable. Is it on Wii U or something? Being a king was sweet, but I had no patience for that shit.

No, it just came out in North America. Directed by Hironobu Sakaguchi with music by Nobuo Uematsu. A gang of mercenaries who want to become knights. I'm really enjoying the immersion in the game world right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No, it just came out in North America. Directed by Hironobu Sakaguchi with music by Nobuo Uematsu. A gang of mercenaries who want to become knights. I'm really enjoying the immersion in the game world right now.

Last game I played by the Gooch was Lost Odyssey. Get out of WrassleGAF or we'll SHATTER THE ILLUSION.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't decide if Lost Odyssey or Xenoblade Chronicles is my favorite jRPG this generation. Porbably Xenoblade but I love so many things from Lost Odyssey!

Xenoblade is dope. Gooch didn't do that did he!? LO is the bombay. JRPGs are mainly dead aaaand total shit but these two were delish.

Sokantish

Xenoblade is dope. Gooch didn't do that did he!? LO is the bombay. JRPGs are mainly dead aaaand total shit but these two were delish.

He didn't have anything to do with Xenoblade, the director of Xenogears and Xenosaga directed Xenoblade. For some reason he really likes the word Xeno

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even know what day it is...

Friday, that means it's Smackdown tonight. Here's a Heavy-style haiku for you.

Smackdown coming on soon
Mom cooked some salsa, gonna have some
Maybe a few cookies or two
Pretty excited
Feel it in my bones

He didn't have anything to do with Xenoblade, the director of Xenogears and Xenosaga directed Xenoblade. For some reason he really likes the word Xeno

Good, Xenosaga and Xenogears totally sucked ass, especially Xenogears.

Sokantish

I liked Xenogears. :( Except my second disc was scratched so everytime I started the second disc it would just freeze. I never got to finish the game

G-Fex

well I tried to play that Raw game as Diesel

I lost to Luna D:

I'd try that Xenoblade game, that means i'd have to get a classic controller though.

Sokantish

Or just do the smart thing and play it through Dolphin. You could use your wired 360 controller then. The game looks so much better through the emulator.

Anybody else playing The Last Story right now?
I picked it up way back at the PAL release, I was moderately enjoying it but the framerate drops combined with the ominous loud noises coming from my old launch Wii made me drop it.

Sounds more like either Little King's Story or that FF Wii Ware game.

dont know if anyone saw this but the Wrestling is fun ippv is canceled

Smart Mark Video
‏@smartmarkvideo
Due to circumstances beyond our control the @Wrestling_isFun iPPV for tomorrow has been cancelled, refunds will be issued for all orders.

Top Bottom