• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

G-Fex

Hogan's a moron.

SHUSH YOU, You wish you could grab Liz's ass.

I just remembered my crazy wrestling dream from last night.

Basically it was an episode of Raw and Sin Cara did a flip over the ropes to the outside but in all his botching glory he managed to land completely vertically on his head, some real Wile E Coyote stuff right there.
The magnitude and brutality of this botch caused the crowd to just start leaving the arena in silence uttering no words, the other wrestlers left the ring as did all the announcers, everyone was just fed up with the company and somehow Cara crippling himself was the straw that broke the camels back.
We cut backstage to HHH staring with disappointment at his tv set and that was it.

Of all the wrestling dreams had here this is the closest one to being a real event i'd say.

How dare you, Sin Cara is graceful as a mexican ballerina

RUN JILL, WRASSLEGAF's GONE INSANE

somedevil

2012-12-28-thq-shoes.jpg

strobogo

Banned
You watch a fake sport where everything is scripted and moves either don't hurt or are nerfed to the point where they hurt the least they could possibly hurt.

Yet THIS is what pushes your buttons? :lol:

It doesn't push my buttons, I just found the whole concept to be really dumb. I don't know how the flames make a body slam 10 times more brutal unless you're slamming someone into the flames. I similarly am annoyed in multi man matches when a simple move that wouldn't even be a transition move in a normal match will put a guy out for 5 minutes so the other two can break into a singles match. Or in Survivor Series style matches when a guy will get put down in 3 minutes with a minor move that never gets a pin in a singles match.

Rewatching all the PWG events this year and man, Super Smash Brothers vs Future Shock at DDT4 is such an amazing match. Hell, all the tag matches were great. So many fantastic spots. They really are my vote for the best fed this year.

Up next, PWG Death to All But Metal

Rewatching all the PWG events this year and man, Super Smash Brothers vs Future Shock at DDT4 is such an amazing match. Hell, all the tag matches were great. So many fantastic spots. They really are my vote for the best fed this year.

Up next, PWG Death to All But Metal

Steen on commentary really added something to that match, as he was so psyched to see the Smash Brothers doing well in PWG. Steen and Excalibur are probably my favourite commentary pairing at the moment, as they always sound so excited about the matches and put over the wrestlers while still having fun. Death to All Metal was probably one of the weaker PWG shows this year, and it was still great, which shows how good a year they've had. I'd definitely say they're my US promotion of the year.

Steen on commentary really added something to that match, as he was so psyched to see the Smash Brothers doing well in PWG. Steen and Excalibur are probably my favourite commentary pairing at the moment, as they always sound so excited about the matches and put over the wrestlers while still having fun. Death to All Metal was probably one of the weaker PWG shows this year, and it was still great, which shows how good a year they've had. I'd definitely say they're my US promotion of the year.

Yeah, I figured it would be a weak show since I don't really remember hearing anything about it but nonetheless, I will still give it a watch.

I think my favorite commentary team is Excalibur and Joey Ryan. They just make me laugh the most. Excalibur is really underrated as a commentator. His voice is perfect during those holy shit moments.

Two more participants announced for the ROH 2013 Top Prospect Tournament at the January 5th TV tapings;

• ACH
  • QT Marshall
  • Mike Sydal
  • Silas Young
Nice to see ACH & Young being brought back, and Sydal continues to improve, so hopefully he gets to show off some stuff here.

Also, some more matches for the TV tapings;

• Adam Cole (c) vs BJ Whitmer
  • Michael Elgin vs Mike Bennett
  • MsChif vs Athena
  • Four Tag Team Gauntlet Match
  • Matt Hardy will wrestle
Yeah, I figured it would be a weak show since I don't really remember hearing anything about it but nonetheless, I will still give it a watch.

Generico vs Ricochet was awesome, as you'd expect, but I remember being a bit disappointed with Michael Elgin vs Willie Mack.

If I wasn't so scared I'd stream the stuff I have. New HDD has arrived, which has freed up space on the media drive for MORE WRESTLING (back ups obviously)

Carnby

I agree with Foley. His best WWE match was with Shawn Michaels at Mind Games '96. At the time I didn't know who Mankind really was. Watching this match made me realize he wasn't just another "monster" the WWE made up to feed to Taker.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"first name Sham, last name Pain"

I want to die watching this

Entropia

No One Remembers
He told you long ago he wasn't the same, I didn't want to smash your dream.

Watch WWF Tough Enough Season 1 on my stream active now:

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4f0bb1d0149a2

See some weird faces...

Dude, I was so into that first season of Tough Enough!

You had Chris Nowinski, Maven, Josh Matthews, Leatherface, that tall skinny blonde girl (EDIT: Paulina!), that other girl whose name I can't remember. Al Snow and Tazz training them all. Awesome stuff.

haha Coachman wearing that ugly ass Phoenix Coyotes Jersey

strobogo

Banned
No, the other one is "the str0" who would show a lot of WCW and WWF shows. I mean a LOT.

Oh. The nostalgia streams? Not me. I didn't know that was the guy's name. I tried to put these all up on multiple different video sites and couldn't get them to stay up or fit or work without having to download software or other bullshit.

tm24

I think my favorite commentary team is Excalibur and Joey Ryan. They just make me laugh the most. Excalibur is really underrated as a commentator. His voice is perfect during those holy shit moments.

It's amazing how much Excalibur has improved, because there was a reason the default on old PWG shows was no commentary. He was awful. But he eventually found his style and it works perfectly with Joey, Steen and even Roddy, who's unexpectedly kind of funny. Failure to Communicate starts off with some greet Excalibur/Steen dialogue

mooooose

Hey I don't know if anyone needs it but I have a ticket to Wrestlemania 29 for sale. Section 112. $350. it's less than retail but I need to offload this so if you want to strike a deal hit me up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tazz is just digging into Josh Matthews, jesus...what a prick!

Top Bottom