• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Entropia

No One Remembers
Was there a bar or something where Kanyon landed? If you look at the way that cloth drapes and valleys, there appears to be a bar under his ass where he landed.

strobogo

Banned
He didn't get injured. That was just the gimmicked part of the ramp caving in. There was an angle that he got injured, but I don't want to spoil that before the write ups for it. The reason no one remembers that spot is because it didn't look nearly as impressive or brutal as Foley's bump, plus it was during a time when people weren't really watching WCW anymore. If that had happened in 1997/1998/first half of 1999, it'd be right up there with Foley's HIAC bump.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nah, since WWE gets to write the history, no spot they could've done would've ever been remembered as fondly as Foley's.

strobogo

Banned
That too. I'd compare it more to Foley's HIAC bump against HHH instead of the 1998 one. And since this bump was a rip off of Foley's in the first place, it is pretty clear to see why no one remembers it.

I want DDP to ressurect Scott Hall like he's working to ressurect Jake Roberts. Felt so depressed while watching the Scott Hall episode from ESPN, and last night i saw the NWO dvd off of netflix

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, the thing is, I don't for a second buy that DDP can ever help Jake Roberts permanently. That guy's life has been so messed up it seems to me he is just beyond help, as always, he'll be back to his old self within a few months.

He'll probably end up using the money he earns from the documentary on all the booze.

Not trying to be negative here, but Jake Roberts sober? I can't see it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Some people in GWF are getting new music.

GWF is proud to announce a deal with the show's producer, Sunflower, to bring licensed music to the GWF. No royalties will be paid, and this is a rogue development move, but all stand to gain.

Sunflower would like to reassure fans that Laserfrog's music will NOT change.

G-Fex

pretty good matches .

Man young Undertaker could sure be aerial and he's actually good at spots and selling unlike...

The ultimate warrior...man he must've been hard to work with. He's stiff, doesn't sell at all, botched spots.

And he won, so i'm a bit dissapointed.

Inferno match with Kane was okay, not too great.

G-Fex

Wait, people are saying the first Inferno match with Take & Kane sucked? You fucks have really hit rock bottom.

Frankly I think Taker is a great performer, but not all their matches together are great. That inferno match was pretty boring and limited due to the flames I assume.

Only good spots was taker going over the ropes and Kane selling landing on the table.

Sides that....it was forgettable, the most memorable thing was stupid macmahon badly acting while holding that teddy bear.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
All Inferno matches are bad. Not Kane's fault.
Not the first. Seriously. I love that match. Yes, it can be slow and prodding at times, but it had great psychology. Most of Taker's matches in that era were slow and prodding, and designed around psychology, and I enjoyed everything he did then.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I always loved this Foley bump;

iCl3JhcGoemFn.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Frankly I think Taker is a great performer, but not all their matches together are great. That inferno match was pretty boring and limited due to the flames I assume.

Only good spots was taker going over the ropes and Kane selling landing on the table.

Sides that....it was forgettable, the most memorable thing was stupid macmahon badly acting while holding that teddy bear.
Holy shit, dude. You're watching the wrong fucking match!!! That's their second Inferno match in 99, and that wasn't anything special. The first (and good one) was in 1998 at Unforgiven.

Damn it, Fex. Damn it.

G-Fex

Holy shit, dude. You're watching the wrong fucking match!!! That's their second Inferno match in 99, and that wasn't anything special. The first (and good one) was in 1998 at Unforgiven.

Damn it, Fex. Damn it.

well for some reason they botched the dvd and put the shitty Raw one instead of the Unforgiven one.

Oh well

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I changed your GWF theme. You're moving beyond Black Kane 2.0.
Hey, hey! I'm stepping up!

let's talk Jokes, like Kane's attempt to be threatening to John Cena

the only good thing he managed to accomplish was attempted murder of Zack Ryder
You don't know who Zack Ryder is.

In a fit of madness and my friend assuring me that "it's good this time, really!" i've ordered WWE13, I feel so filthy now.
It is good this time, really!

The gameplay isn't particularly deep, and the AI still sucks, but the story mode is fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This bump makes me scream holy shit and laugh every single time.

http://youtu.be/zELsI2haR_0?t=6m

I remember reading that Mae told Bubba Ray "Just fucking do it, you goddamned pussy!" while she was up there, because when they rehearsed it he was super hesitant and extremely safe with it, and she wanted it to look good more than she wanted to be safe. Good stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BTW I've been watching the 50 Greatest Finishing Moves on Netflix, and WWE has begun to use minor CGI, trying to keep it unnoticeable.

They add camera flashes. TONS of them. I know there's a decent amount, but they're going overboard. I'd compare and contrast reality vs the WWE Edition, but I'm at work. I wonder what else they change.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
fKZLZ.gif

oh dear...story mode is like the least of my excitement really.

I've played maybe 2 matches. The rest is GWF. If you like to do stupid shit you'll be happy, just be prepared for the announcer's table to be destroyed every match.

strobogo

Banned
It's a stupid match where guys do normal moves, but because some guy controlling the flames makes them shoot up during bumps, somehow the move is much more devastating.

I've played maybe 2 matches. The rest is GWF. If you like to do stupid shit you'll be happy, just be prepared for the announcer's table to be destroyed every match.
I just want the CPU to actually put up a fight and for matches to flow a bit more organically than everyone twisting each others arms around because that's the only type of counter that exists in the series, is that too much to ask? i've long since given up hope of the gameplay matching No Mercy but I can at least hope for it to match up with SD vs Raw 2006.

If only entering text in the storyline creator didn't take like a decade with the controller.

It's a stupid match where guys do normal moves, but because some guy controlling the flames makes them shoot up during bumps, somehow the move is much more devastating.

It's more of a visual spectacle really.

Aiii

So not worth it

You watch a fake sport where everything is scripted and moves either don't hurt or are nerfed to the point where they hurt the least they could possibly hurt.

Yet THIS is what pushes your buttons? :lol:

G-Fex

You watch a fake sport where everything is scripted and moves either don't hurt or are nerfed to the point where they hurt the least they could possibly hurt.

Yet THIS is what pushes your buttons? :lol:

he's got a point.

Plus I hate matches that end in really stupid ass weak not at all believable moves like the peoples elbow.

Fuck you Rock

I just remembered my crazy wrestling dream from last night.

Basically it was an episode of Raw and Sin Cara did a flip over the ropes to the outside but in all his botching glory he managed to land completely vertically on his head, some real Wile E Coyote stuff right there.
The magnitude and brutality of this botch caused the crowd to just start leaving the arena in silence uttering no words, the other wrestlers left the ring as did all the announcers, everyone was just fed up with the company and somehow Cara crippling himself was the straw that broke the camels back.
We cut backstage to HHH staring with disappointment at his tv set and that was it.

Of all the wrestling dreams had here this is the closest one to being a real event i'd say.

Top Bottom