• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
But those crowds! All they want is Cena. Those crowds put me off the product so much.

That's what happens when you spend 8 years building one guy and neglecting everyone else I guess.

Cena needs a break anyway. The product would be better if creative did have to rely on him for a few months. Then again ever face is now just a cena clone so maybe it won't be that different

+ Ryback
+ Sandow
+ Seeing a tag team look out for each other (Bryan & Kane)
+ Paul Heyman (Managers can work!)

-/+ The Miz

- Vickie Guerrero
- Vince McMahon
- John Cena/AJ Storyline (I guess it was dropped due to the terrible kissing last week?)
- Not enough 'unique' characters
- 1 Storyline that dominates the entire program
- No minor storylines

jmdajr

Shame about the Ratings.

Giants/RG3 too much to go up against!

low rating is most likely due to the 51% increase in viewers for Monday Night Football, which brought in right around 16 million fans.

strobogo

Banned
That's what happens when you spend 8 years building one guy and neglecting everyone else I guess.

Cena needs a break anyway. The product would be better if creative did have to rely on him for a few months

Remember when he was out in 2008? We got Big Show's awesome come back before he got stale again, the Jeff Hardy build up with the great series against HHH and his clean win over Taker (plus THE Brian Kendrick as Current WWE Champion for a few minutes), the Jericho/HBK feud. Then he came back at Survivor Series and everything went back to normal.

The period of time when he was out was pretty awesome.

Sokantish

Fuckin horrible man. Just diet. Diet fuckin sucks too.

You've already got the muscle. It's just hidden. So diet and it'll melt away...but it requires a SHIT amount of willpower.

I don't think it takes that much willpower, I've lost 50lbs by not working out at all, just eating less. It's easy!

Alucard

Banned
I don't think it takes that much willpower, I've lost 50lbs by not working out at all, just eating less. It's easy!

You sound like an infomercial. :p For people who looooove food, or who are emotiona or stress eaters, it's much more difficult to just say no to that extra slice of pizza.

jmdajr

Eating less works MUCH faster. Working out is good for being FIT. Being heart healthy, keep muscle into old age. Losing weight? It helps some sure, but no contest to eating better.
You get used to it. Over eating makes me feel like puking now. Heart burn, bloating. Can't do it.

jmdajr

hmm. 2.5...

punk hurt...

Cena cant take bumps no more...

Tough but you have to take the time to build up new characters. They'll just have to trudge along. Short cuts will only work so long.

Enjoying the show recently. Still highest rated show on USA. It's not going anywhere.

Kaladin

hmm. 2.5...

punk hurt...

Cena cant take bumps no more...

iWuXxpLjnKppS.gif

Shame about the Ratings.

Giants/RG3 too much to go up against!

low rating is most likely due to the 51% increase in viewers for Monday Night Football, which brought in right around 16 million fans.

The rating is worse then it was when they went against a presidential debate, Monday night football, and game seven of the NLCS all in one night. There are problems in the WWE much bigger than an increase in a single football games rating

Kacho

Gold Member
Tough but you have to take the time to build up new characters. They'll just have to trudge along. Short cuts will only work so long.

Enjoying the show recently. Still highest rated show on USA. It's not going anywhere.

Exactly. Keep building that new talent and get them over. The WWE can't fall back on Cena forever.

jmdajr

The rating is worse then it was when they went against a presidential debate, Monday night football, and game seven of the NLCS all in one night. There are problems in the WWE much bigger than football ratings increasing

Sure. As a fan I'll live, show is entertaining enough, but they must not be too happy at the moment.
Gotta hang in there and just work through it.

Ithil

Only way to fix the ratings is to gradually build up a better product. There's no quick fix like "have Vince appear" or "more Cena".

They're just going to have to take the down time for now.

They didn't turn around their fortunes after 1995/1996 in a week, it took all of 1997 to get to the high ratings of 1998 and beyond.

jmdajr

Only way to fix the ratings is to gradually build up a better product. There's no quick fix like "have Vince appear" or "more Cena".

They're just going to have to take the down time for now.

Yup, work on the best show you can without it being all about Cena.
I'm sure road to Wrestlemania will help some.

Kaladin

Sometimes I wonder if an invasion angle would do anything for them, like if Vince bought TNA or if he worked with Ring of Honor, Chikara or some other indie promotion on an angle....but then I look at what they're doing with The Shield and realize it would be about the same type of thing (minus the hype of WWE working with another company) and I think no, it wouldn't do anything for them.

strobogo

Banned
You sound like an infomercial. :p For people who looooove food, or who are emotiona or stress eaters, it's much more difficult to just say no to that extra slice of pizza.

The trick is to not buy that kind of stuff anymore. When you don't have it in your house, you can't eat it unless you go out to eat, which you shouldn't be doing when you are trying to lose weight. It's so much easier to eat healthy when you don't have unhealthy stuff in your house to begin with. I also lost 10-15 pounds just from changing my diet and eating right. Even a little exercise on top of that will help significantly. It sucks for a bit, but you'll start feeling pretty good once you are eating good stuff. Maybe a month or so and you'll notice a great difference, you'll have lost weight, and then it will be easier to start exercising. It's not that hard, but it does suck for a while. I find it best to only have $30-40 worth of food in your house at any given time. But that's much easier to do if you live alone.

Ithil

Sometimes I wonder if an invasion angle would do anything for them, like if Vince bought TNA or if he worked with Ring of Honor, Chikara or some other indie promotion on an angle....but then I look at what they're doing with The Shield and realize it would be about the same type of thing (minus the hype of WWE working with another company) and I think no, it wouldn't do anything for them.

Problem with that is the likes of Chikara/ROH are smaller indie companies. WCW worked because it was as big as WWF, the stars there were as well known as the WWF's stars.

Now the invasion was a botched angle, but it was one people had wanted to see for years.

Kaladin

Problem with that is the likes of Chikara/ROH are smaller indie companies. WCW worked because it was as big as WWF, the stars there were as well known as the WWF's stars.

Now the invasion was a botched angle, but it was one people had wanted to see for years.

I was thinking they could work with a smaller company similar to how they worked with ECW in the early attitude era. It would generate short term buzz and ratings for both companies.

Edit: but if the build is similar to how they are building The Shield, it won't work.

Sure. As a fan I'll live, show is entertaining enough, but they must not be too happy at the moment.
Gotta hang in there and just work through it.

Vince hasn't shown the ability to do this since he bought out his competition. It's all about the quick fix and what will pop a rating next week. If Vince wasn't on TV last night, I guarantee they would be hyping-up him being on RAW next week to try and help after this awful rating. This is their mindset, put a band-aid on a gunshot wound, because they have been bleeding viewers for years

Ithil

I wonder how HHH would fix ratings.

We know Vince thinks astonishingly short term now, almost week to week. I think until he steps down from a major position of power, you're never going to get a consistently improved product that leads to a more satisfied audience.

Kaladin

WWE's idea of long term building is telling the fans about a match months to a year in advance and then not doing shit to actually build to that match till the month of the PPV.

Though, I do guess Cena/Rock had some build before Mania season.

Kaladin

Next week's Raw Interactive:

What would you do to improve ratings

#FIREVICKIEGUERRERO
#GiveRybackATitleShot
#MOREJOHNCENA

WWE will never fire Vickie Guerrero because while it may be X-Pac heat, she is the only person on the roster that gets the kind of boos that she does the moment she walks on stage.

Even John Cena doesn't get that kind of heat in heel cities.....except for maybe that one night in Chicago.....and that one night long ago in NYC.

Top Bottom