• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Aiii

So not worth it
Three hours has nothing to do with Vince or WWE, other than that USA asked them to do an extra hour and pays them money for it. Now that the ratings are dropping to what everyone knew they would drop to with 3-hours, they'll change back.

Striker

Ratings weren't that great even with two hours.

Meanwhile, the PPV is shaping up to be truly awful, with or without a WWE title match.

Three hours has nothing to do with Vince or WWE, other than that USA asked them to do an extra hour and pays them money for it. Now that the ratings are dropping to what everyone knew they would drop to with 3-hours, they'll change back.

Wasn't it shown recently that they arn't getting any extra money for that third hour?

Aiii

So not worth it
Wasn't it shown recently that they arn't getting any extra money for that third hour?

No, actually.

Based on how much WWE was receiving for Superstars when it aired on television, it’s believed that WWE is making approximately $100,000 per week for the new WWE Main Event show on Ion.

WWE is also making around $175,000 per week for the additional hour of WWE RAW and around $75,000 per week for Saturday Morning Slam.

Cena wouldn't miss a PPV because of a knee injury.

Unless you're counting a pre-show promo, Cena did miss a PPV because of a knee injury.

Toki767

What do you guys think is even going to go last at TLC?

You would think that since the WWE title won't be defended, the World Heavyweight title match should close the show, but Big Show vs Sheamus has such little heat that no one's going to care and since it's a chair's match, people will have had their fill by the end of the TLC match.

Then there's Ryback and Team Hell No vs The Shield. I don't know that that match screams main event, and as I stated before, the only two outcomes possible in the match are most likely The Shield getting destroyed their first match in, or Daniel Bryan getting pinned. Probably the latter to build momentum for The Shield.

Lastly is Cena vs Zigger. Frankly I'd be really worried if this match went on last. Especially if WWE wants to send the crowd home happy. Well half of the crowd at least. Ziggler beating Cena on the main event of a PPV would be pretty special though. I just don't see them closing the show with that particular scenario. If this goes on last, I fully expect Cena to win.

Another thing to consider is that it seems like all the heels might win their matches since:

A) I don't see Big Show dropping the title until WrestleMania
B) The Shield losing their first match in would be incredibly stupid, though we all saw what happened with Lesnar anyways
C) Ziggler losing to Cena would pretty much destroy any credibility in the eyes of the casual fans. No one will take him seriously losing 3 times to Cena who supposedly has a bad leg.

What are your guys' thoughts?

They have a ton of work to do with The Shield if they are going to try and sell the six man as the main event (which still will do a shitty buyrate). At this point they have done one very brief interview and are only able to get the upper hand when they vastly outnumber their opposition. In addition, the only offense they have been able to show are punches, kicks, a spear, and a (not nearly as impressive as they try and make it out to be) assisted powerbomb. I can't help but think this is bad news for The Shield, as they will more than likely lose this match

What are your guys' thoughts?

I think The Shield and Ziggler are losing, unfortunately. As for the main event, it will either be the six man or Cena match, flip a coin. It doesn't matter though, because neither is a PPV worthy main event (Ziggler and Cena in a latter match could be, but not with the AWFUL build they have given it)

UberTag

Ziggles vs. Cena will close out the PPV.
Cena ALWAYS closes out the PPV.

As for whether or not he'll win Dolph's briefcase remains up for debate.

I suppose the match could go on earlier in the night, Cena could win, then cash in successfully on Big Show to close out the night and send the kiddies home happy.
Dwayne wins the WWE title at Rumble, champion vs. champion bout at Mania, Dwayne loses, Cena is crowned all-powerful MEGA CHAMP.

Booker T would then book a tourney for the World Heavyweight Championship for Smackdown the next night.
A returning Christian would win and then lose to Orton the following week after Orton is declared #1 contender by popular vote of the WWE Universe.
Orton would then turn heel and feud with everyone's favorite new face, The Miz.
They will wrestle for 6 consecutive PPVs.

Striker

They did it first when they had the HHH vs HBK match for the Euro Championship. They criss crossed for like 20 seconds and then HBK laid down for Hunter.
That's when they had HBK go over Bulldog in the UK to win the Euro title. Felt that was pretty dumb, but what else is new.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I suppose the match could go on earlier in the night, Cena could win, then cash in successfully on Big Show to close out the night and send the kiddies home happy.
This is what I'm thinki...
Dwayne wins the WWE title at Rumble, champion vs. champion bout at Mania, Dwayne loses, Cena is crowned all-powerful MEGA CHAMP.

...Ugh.

Striker

This is what I'm thinki...

...Ugh.
image.php

Ithil

I'm not sure why we're complaining so much about this TLC match. Yes pinfalls don't make much sense, but there's nothing to put on the ladder.

Plus it's Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose in a PPV main event for their first match, against Hell No. I can't complain about it.

Also, time to see how strong Ryback's drawing power is.

strobogo

Banned
Ziggles vs. Cena will close out the PPV.
Cena ALWAYS closes out the PPV.

As for whether or not he'll win Dolph's briefcase remains up for debate.

Booker T would then book a tourney for the World Heavyweight Championship for Smackdown the next night.
A returning Christian would win and then lose to Orton the following week after Orton is declared #1 contender by popular vote of the WWE Universe.
Orton would then turn heel and feud with everyone's favorite new face, The Miz.
They will wrestle for 6 consecutive PPVs.

Go fuck yourself for even putting any of that into the ether. 6 months of face Miz challenging for the title sounds like the worst possible thing WWE can do. I really don't think there is anything I want to see less. I'd rather see Khali and Otunga continue their feud for 6 months.

Aiii

So not worth it
I love the new match.

Kane, Bryan, Rollins and Ambrose in a match together? With tables, ladders AND chairs. Can't wait for them to kick the living shit out of eachother.

Ryback I don't mind, he's big and powerful so putting him through stuff or having him put others through stuff sounds like much fun.

Only one I'm not sure of is Reigns, but hey, how much harm can one unknown do with five good talents. Should be a great match.

Toki767

I love the new match.

Kane, Bryan, Rollins and Ambrose in a match together? With tables, ladders AND chairs. Can't wait for them to kick the living shit out of eachother.

Ryback I don't mind, he's big and powerful so putting him through stuff or having him put others through stuff sounds like much fun.

Only one I'm not sure of is Reigns, but hey, how much harm can one unknown do with five good talents. Should be a great match.

Considering Ryback busted himself open on Monday when he didn't even take a hit, I think he's more of an unknown in terms of harm to talent (and himself) than Reigns is at this point. I would not be surprised if one of The Shield gets an actual injury during that match.

strobogo

Banned
Reigns is ok in the ring. He has the look and presence, though. I think he'll be just fine once he gets some real experience. Hopefully they stick him with Hell No at house shows for a while.

Ithil

Reigns is ok in the ring. He has the look and presence, though. I think he'll be just fine once he gets some real experience. Hopefully they stick him with Hell No at house shows for a while.

It's not like this is going to be a technical masterpiece where he looks lost as Ambrose and Rollins do their thing. He'll thrive in a TLC match where he can spear people through tables and chuck them off ladders.

Also, apparently Punk was willing to work the TLC match, but WWE don't want the risk of him being badly injured and missing out on the Rumble and WM build.

They're definitely putting a lot of stock in Rock vs. Punk,

strobogo

Banned
It's not like this is going to be a technical masterpiece where he looks lost as Ambrose and Rollins do their thing. He'll thrive in a TLC match where he can spear people through tables and chuck them off ladders.

Also, apparently Punk was willing to work the TLC match, but WWE don't want the risk of him being badly injured and missing out on the Rumble and WM build.

They're definitely putting a lot of stock in Rock vs. Punk,

Of course not, but being paired up with Kane and D-Bryne will help him out much more than squashes on NXT.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cena missed last year's TLC ppv because creative had nothing for him.

look it up.

jobber

ah shit

I just realized something and this is just based off of watching years of WWE booking...

AJ is turning heel and Vickie is turning face.

AJ had this storyline with Tamina and you think logically that WWE would keep building this up until Tamina seems like a legit badass. AJ would keep getting jumped by Tamina every time AJ and Vickie had a verbal exchange like at Survivor Series.

The fact that they had a throw away match on Raw which AJ won makes it seem like that story is over. AJ wasn't seen outside the match and didn't have a segment with Vickie at all.

Dolph had a segment with Vickie which he just basically ditched Vickie because Vickie wants to keep her job as fake GM more than help Dolph.

Lawler pointed out on Raw that Ziggler's shirt says Stealing Your Girlfriend on the back. He's had that shirt for a couple of months now and they wouldn't say that for no reason.

Vickie stood up to Paul Heyman backstage and he's the manager of the #1 heel in the company.

AJ and Vickie still hate each other so it doesn't seem like they would be cahoots.

We got 2-3 segments of AJ and Cena every week for the last month and it was none this week.

Just connecting the dots like I figured out Cena and Ziggs would be having a ladder match for Zigg's case when Smackdown was on last week.

jmdajr

ah shit

I just realized something and this is just based off of watching years of WWE booking...

AJ had this storyline with Tamina and you think logically that WWE would keep building this up until Tamina seems like a legit badass. AJ would keep getting jumped by Tamina every time AJ and Vickie had a verbal exchange like at Survivor Series.

The fact that they had a throw away match on Raw which AJ won makes it seem like that story is over. AJ wasn't seen outside the match and didn't have a segment with Vickie at all.

Dolph had a segment with Vickie which he just basically ditched Vickie because Vickie wants to keep her job as fake GM more than help Dolph.

Lawler pointed out on Raw that Ziggler's shirt says Stealing Your Girlfriend on the back. He's had that shirt for a couple of months now and they wouldn't say that for no reason.

Vickie stood up to Paul Heyman backstage and he's the manager of the #1 heel in the company.

AJ and Vickie still hate each other so it doesn't seem like they would be cahoots.

We got 2-3 segments of AJ and Cena every week for the last month and it was none this week.

Just connecting the dots like I figured out Cena and Ziggs would be having a ladder match for Zigg's case when Smackdown was on last week.

AJ and Ziggs huh? Well that be one way for Cena to lose the PPV.

jobber

AJ and Ziggs huh? Well that be one way for Cena to lose the PPV.

I can see Cena trying to climb the ladder and AJ skips down to ringside for no reason. She gives Cena a good luck kiss (like Wrestlemania)before kicking his balls allowing Ziggs to get the briefcase.

Ziggs and AJ make out in the ring while Cena looks in disbelief.

PPV ends!

Ithil

ah shit

If Vickie turns face, she will mysteriously become a very attractive and classy older lady according to Cena and King.

mrboo001

Banned
Well the good news is you can always retry a kickstarter if it first fails... maybe he can spend some time building up more press and such for a better run next time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Triple H is reportedly behind Punk's fast and unannounced knee surgery on Tuesday. According to backstage reports, Triple H spoke to Miz and another backstage agent talked to Punk and wires were crossed - Punk was told to "not hold back" which went directly against Triple H's attempt to build Miz as a credible face. Triple H was furious backstage, and told Punk after the segment to get it done "now" and that "if it has complications, don't expect to still have the championship." This comes on the heels of multiple reports speaking of Triple H being upset with that segment.

At least that explains the sudden surgery.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Well the good news is you can always retry a kickstarter if it first fails... maybe he can spend some time building up more press and such for a better run next time.

I remember that it was on Steam Greenlight, I guess that didn't go through either eh? :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did watch that whole segment, and Punk really is a prick. Miz didn't have much to work with - and it's obvious that as soon as something deviates from a written script, he's flailing - but he wasn't given anything good to work with and Punk is too witty to let that slide. He's playing one poor heel, that's for sure. This Punk reign is just bad all around.

Top Bottom