• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That HHH hate is so strong in 2012 when he's wrestled a whole what, 5 matches in the past 3 years, is amazing. Y'all need to start acting like basketballs and stop holding grudges.
HHH ruined RAW from like 2002-2006. Then came the awful DX reunion. HHH hasn't been a good addition to a show since like 2000.

strobogo

Banned
HHH ruined RAW from like 2002-2006. Then came the awful DX reunion. HHH hasn't been a good addition to a show since like 2000.

I can see an argument that he ruined it from 02-04. I agree that it was awful at the time, but having watched that time period again not too long ago, it is MUCH better than it felt as it was happening. I'll grant you that the MULTIPLE DX reunions sucked, but I loved the post Evolution period with the great Flair and Big Show feuds. That Big Show feud is probably the most underrate feud of the past 10 years. LOVED it. Their matches were so smart and good. Particularly the New Years Revolution 2006 match. So good.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I can see an argument that he ruined it from 02-04. I agree that it was awful at the time, but having watched that time period again not too long ago, it is MUCH better than it felt as it was happening. I'll grant you that the MULTIPLE DX reunions sucked, but I loved the post Evolution period with the great Flair and Big Show feuds. That Big Show feud is probably the most underrate feud of the past 10 years. LOVED it. Their matches were so smart and good. Particularly the New Years Revolution 2006 match. So good.
I think you mean he ruined RAW from 2002-2005. That post Evolution phase didn't happen until the end of 2005, and the Big Show feud was in 2006. And that's when he found himself back in the WM main event, and he shortly thereafter reformed DX.

Raw64life

Definitely not happy that it looks like the $335 I dropped for WrestleMania is going to be used watching a bunch of rematches. It was called "Once in a Lifetime" for fucks sake.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Triple H vs. Batista in early 2005 was a great feud though. One of the best in the past ten years.
It was good, but it was sort of ruined by the fact that they took wayyy too damn long to have Batista turn on Evolution. It became so damn obvious that when it finally happened, you were left a bit disappointed.

By that point, though, I was so sick and tired of HHH that I didn't care what he did. Good feud, bad feud, whatever. Just get the fuck off the TV. A two hour show that always had half of it dedicated to one guy. And like I said, he found himself back in the title picture, main event picture, and dominated the WWE title scene, afterwards.

Alucard

Banned
WWE have booked themselves into a corner. Who do they make look weak at TLC? The Shield or Ryback? Or does whoever wins get put through a table afterwards?

WWE have booked themselves into a corner. Who do they make look weak at TLC? The Shield or Ryback? Or does whoever wins get put through a table afterwards?
Um Bryan or Kane will get pinned. That also better be a good TLC match to replace the championship title match.

UberTag

Bryan's getting pinned.
Bryan ALWAYS gets pinned.
Doesn't matter who it's against.

The Shield.
3MB.
The broom HHH beat.
Michael Cole.
Jerry Lawler.
AJ.

But he especially loves getting pinned by Brie Bella.
3AQmK.gif

Definitely not happy that it looks like the $335 I dropped for WrestleMania is going to be used watching a bunch of rematches. It was called "Once in a Lifetime" for fucks sake.
You only have yourself to blame for believing Vince's lies.

Pretty sure this request goes to Bootay but who wants to hook me up with some primers for the companies I'll be seeing in Japan. I know I'll be seeing NJPW, NOAH, JWP, and DDT. I've seen a little ddt but the rest I don't know much about. I'll also see Dragon Gate and I'm pretty good on that. Hook a brother up!

Toki767

The only thing that was truly ever "Once in a Lifetime" was Lawrence Taylor vs Bam Bam Bigelow. Back when stuff they advertised as only happening once only happened once.

strobogo

Banned
I think you mean he ruined RAW from 2002-2005. That post Evolution phase didn't happen until the end of 2005, and the Big Show feud was in 2006. And that's when he found himself back in the WM main event, and he shortly thereafter reformed DX.

Maybe. That whole period seems so much better now than it did while it was happening, though.

krae_man

You should have known that there would be two matches. There way always going to be two matches.

Razorskin

----- ------

Seeing Cena vs The Rock at Wrestlemania 28 was once in a lifetime. :Vincelogic

HHH's dominance of Raw from 2002-2004 was what broke my habit of watching every week. 2003 was around when I finally stopped giving a shit and quit following it as hardcore as I used to. HHH winning Elimination Chamber at Summerslam 2003 when he was in the match for a whole 30 seconds was what finally broke me. Once he got officially married to Steph, I knew it was never going to end and just stopped watching every week.

HHH's dominance of Raw from 2002-2004 was what broke my habit of watching every week. 2003 was around when I finally stopped giving a shit and quit following it as hardcore as I used to. HHH winning Elimination Chamber at Summerslam 2003 when he was in the match for a whole 30 seconds was what finally broke me. Once he got officially married to Steph, I knew it was never going to end and just stopped watching every week.
I remember taking a break from WWE after that match until WrestleMania XX. They completely killed Goldberg in that match.

HE'S GOT THE LOOK

AND HE'S BIG

NEXT BATISTA

/Sunflower
lol

seriously though, I expected this commanding voice to come out while he verbally assaulted someone but instead I got...something else. The commentators are also hyping him up with their HE'S GOT THE IT FACTOR, NEXT BIG THANGG.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I still maintain that in the past decade (since 2002), HHH was the worst thing to happen to the on screen product of the WWE. Many guys in here either weren't watching or don't remember, but the Cena dominance of now pales to the dominance HHH had back then.

I remember taking a break from WWE after that match until WrestleMania XX. They completely killed Goldberg in that match.

They really did. I remember I was with some friends at a local Hooters watching the PPV. The place was absolutely melting down when Goldberg came in and started annihilating everybody. When HHH ended up winning, the place just died. No one got mad. They just got quiet and left. I knew then it was time to stop watching for a while.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
They really did. I remember I was with some friends at a local Hooters watching the PPV. The place was absolutely melting down when Goldberg came in and started annihilating everybody. When HHH ended up winning, the place just died. No one got mad. They just got quiet and left. I knew then it was time to stop watching for a while.

You could say the same thing about Booker T. Triple H found a way to please his father in law by burying all of the top WCW stars. Now you know why Triple H is in charge now.

You could say the same thing about Booker T. Triple H found a way to please his father in law by burying all of the top WCW stars. Now you know why Triple H is in charge now.
That's because Triple H couldn't make it in World Championship Wrestling.

He wasn't a big boy, so he couldn't play.

strobogo

Banned
I'm telling you guys, HHH's death reign of terror isn't as bad when you watch it now. I won't even pretend to argue that it wasn't awful at the time, but it really was full of really good stuff with some perspective.

That Booker feud. It's hard to defend. That match was great until the finish. Maybe Book's best WWE match. And the finish wouldn't have been awful if there wasn't a 20 second gap between pedigree and pin. Book should have won, but Goldberg coming in threw a wrench in those plans. However, I don't really see why Book couldn't have won and then dropped the title in a month or two since a HHH/Goldberg feud didn't start up until around Summerslam. That being said, I also enjoy the Nash/HHH feud in 2003, so what the fuck do I know.

Let's also not forget HHH shitting all over Rob Van Dam when he was ready to be a big time player. The guy was nuclear over and the only shining part of the whole Invasion nonsense. HHH beats him at the PPV and he instantly goes back to fuck around in the mid-card forever.

BlazinAm

Wow uhhh roman reigns...not the hottest on the mic....
Well they are protecting him and trying their best to make him look strong.

I'm telling you guys, HHH's death reign of terror isn't as bad when you watch it now. I won't even pretend to argue that it wasn't awful at the time, but it really was full of really good stuff with some perspective.

That Booker feud. It's hard to defend. That match was great until the finish. Maybe Book's best WWE match. And the finish wouldn't have been awful if there wasn't a 20 second gap between pedigree and pin. Book should have won, but Goldberg coming in threw a wrench in those plans. However, I don't really see why Book couldn't have won and then dropped the title in a month or two since a HHH/Goldberg feud didn't start up until around Summerslam. That being said, I also enjoy the Nash/HHH feud in 2003, so what the fuck do I know.

I have a feeling that Vince felt that he had to rebuild all the WCW/ECW talent, so look how long it took for RVD or Booker T to make it.

I don't think that Goldberg was the issue, I think they had an influx of other WCW talent because right after Nash was the there.

strobogo

Banned
RVD had lost a lot of his luster by the time HHH, but he was still more over than most people. But HHH couldn't lose to everyone. I think Austin or Angle should have dropped the title to RVD during the Invasion. Dude was THE most over guy in the world. More than Austin, Rock, Taker, Angle, Kane, Jericho, and more over than all of the WCW guys combined. Him not winning the title at No Mercy 2001 was a shame. It would have cemented him and would have made the story going on with Austin more interesting anyway. It wouldn't have hurt Angle or Austin. Even areas that ECW never ran were super into RVD right away.

He could have been a true top guy for years if he had been handled better during the Invasion. WWE has gone from not deviating from the plan even when something organically came up that was better to not having a plan for more than a few weeks at a time, if that.

Didn't Van Dam beat Triple H for the title only to have the decision be reversed?

Maybe, but it for sure happened against Taker. Crowd was MOLTEN for RVD beating him for the title. But it got reversed due to Taker's foot being under/on the ropes I believe.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Didn't Van Dam beat Triple H for the title only to have the decision be reversed?

that was against the Undertaker

Jericho pinned Triple H for the title and Triple H had Hebner reverse the decision

Nevermind, it was The Undertaker. That was a cool moment.

I forgot Triple H unified the World Heavyweight Championship and the Intercontinental Championship. That was lame. What was the story on why they did that?

BlazinAm

I think that If Booker T vs Stone Cold had happened on ppv, that would have helped. I think it ended up as a smackdown match or something.

For RVD, I think the wwe didn't have a long term plan for him and that really hurt. Plus 2002 saw a lot of wrestler debut and join the company so they were probably busy figuring out that but yeah RVD lost a lot of heat in 2002. I don't remember anything major happening until Kane in 2003.

Speaking of which i feel that Austin had lost a lot of momentum due to the Scott Hall feud, maybe that was because he was vetoing everything.

EDIT: I found this. Like what this the way they want to have these guys wrestle each other. All the promos post Invasion were great and this is what they have to show for it?
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Booker T - lumberjack Match

What were they building this towards?

EDIT2: wtf
Arrn Anderson?

I think that If Booker T vs Stone Cold had happened on ppv, that would have helped. I think it ended up as a smackdown match or something.

For RVD, I think the wwe didn't have a long term plan for him and that really hurt. Plus 2002 saw a lot of wrestler debut and join the company so they were probably busy figuring out that but yeah RVD lost a lot of heat in 2002. I don't remember anything major happening until Kane in 2003.

Speaking of which i feel that Austin had lost a lot of momentum due to the Scott Hall feud, maybe that was because he was vetoing everything.

EDIT: I found this. Like what this the way they want to have these guys wrestle each other. All the promos post Invasion were great and this is what they have to show for it?
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Booker T - lumberjack Match

What were they building this towards?

Build up to Rumble 2002 was weird. Originally and even announced on TV, Austin vs. Booker and The Rock vs. Test was scheduled.

Then suddenly, they put both Austin vs. Booker and Rock vs. Test on TV. Rock vs. Test was made a #1 contenders match, so Rock got put in a WWF Title match with Jericho.

Enfinit

And that's giving him the benefit of the doubt. HHH is a legend, but realistically what has he done to earn that title? AT BEST early DX.

Build up to Rumble 2002 was weird. Originally and even announced on TV, Austin vs. Booker and The Rock vs. Test was scheduled.

Then suddenly, they put both Austin vs. Booker and Rock vs. Test on TV. Rock vs. Test was made a #1 contenders match, so Rock got put in a WWF Title match with Jericho.
Yeah, wasn't Test getting a semi-decent push at this time?

BlazinAm

I am looking for that first Booker T/Austin match right now.

Rock vs Text would have been good.

Apparently the RVD regal match at Mania 18 was a rematch so RVD really did fall off.

Edit: i have fallen down the Wikipedia/ Youtube well.

I find it hilarious that Vince thought that fans would be pleased to see on a ECW branded ppv Bobby Lashley win.

EDIT: Why was Cryme Tyme released for the first time?

BlazinAm

They did their double-team finisher to a referee at a house show in a spot that was unplanned. The agents flipped shit and they were released the next day.

That was really smart of them. Man just release JTG already it's to the point where it is just sad.

Top Bottom