• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
You know, we all laugh at Cena's huge audibles in the ring, but I'm watching Jeff Hardy v HHH from a 2001 April Raw, and you can hear HHH throughout the match shouting the next spots.

In fairness... he really does a good job of putting Jeff Hardy over. This goes against everything I've been told to believe on the internet.

He was putting people over quite a bit in 2001, he essentially put Kane, Jericho and Benoit over in 2 nights before succumbing to injury.
After that he returned a changed man in 2002, immediately buried Jericho and later buried Kane and thus Ultimate H had arrived.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Quit gettin' mad at HHH, he's the only one getting us away from Vince's insanity.

He was putting people over quite a bit in 2001, he essentially put Kane, Jericho and Benoit over in 2 nights before succumbing to injury.
After that he returned a changed man in 2002, immediately buried Jericho and later buried Kane and thus Ultimate H had arrived.

Hmm, so you're suggesting that his Quads were replaced with evil Quads? Then we must go on a mission to find the good Quads and return them to restore the soul of HHH. Come WrassleGAF, it is time for a Christmas Miracle Adventure!

yourefired.png
[/IMG]

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing in NXT I don't really like is Big E Langston. I bet Sunflower loves him

He's ok. Just cos you're big doesn't mean you're awesome.

If you're small, you're automatically NOT though.

Let's talk about Bam Bam putting over LT like that at Wrestlemania. Apparently that won him over HUGE in the locker room and he was in line for the next big title reign.

Ithil

The only thing in NXT I don't really like is Big E Langston. I bet Sunflower loves him

He's a bad wrestler, a bad talker, and looks fairly silly. But when they're super over, it's kind of fun anyway. Plus he keeps trying not to smile at how great the crowd reactions are, so I can't really hate the guy.

But keep him in his squash match pen. Ryback was entertaining when he was kept in his, as soon as he was let out he got tiresome, fast.

Leave the main event to the likes of Ohno.

Dammit. I don't watch NXT. I really should, shouldn't I?
For WWE shows I watch, the ranking is
NXT > Main Event > RAW > Smackdown.

NXT is great, there's no bullshit, it's a wrestling focused show with a huge variety of guys that are all fresh, plus you get to see some of the good low card WWE guys have longer matches. It's almost an indie show in size but with a WWE budget. It's what gives me hope for when HHH takes over, he's the man behind it, and he put Dusty in charge of creative for it. I've said it before, but HHH is a fan of wrestling, first and foremost, the sports entertainment side comes second, while it's the opposite for Vince (who I'm not even sure likes wrestling all that much these days). Combine that with the fact that HHH doesn't seem to have the "big WWE guy" bias, he's putting together a diverse roster of young guys from all over the place, including drawing right from the indies, and I'm eager to see him get more power over the TV product.

The developmental nature also means lots of experimentation, there's no status quo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hey soulplaya, Kane raised Yoshi's hand after their match in my Universe mode.

also lol at Chris Hero main eventing. Overrated in the indies and even worse working WWE style.

Kyoufu

He's a bad wrestler, a bad talker, and looks fairly silly. But when they're super over, it's kind of fun anyway. Plus he keeps trying not to smile at how great the crowd reactions are, so I can't really hate the guy.

But keep him in his squash match pen. Ryback was entertaining when he was kept in his, as soon as he was let out he got tiresome, fast.

Leave the main event to the likes of Ohno.

For WWE shows I watch, the ranking is
NXT > Main Event > RAW > Smackdown.

NXT is great, there's no bullshit, it's a wrestling focused show with a huge variety of guys that are all fresh, plus you get to see some of the good low card WWE guys have longer matches. It's almost an indie show in size but with a WWE budget. It's what gives me hope for when HHH takes over, he's the man behind it, and he put Dusty in charge of creative for it. I've said it before, but HHH is a fan of wrestling, first and foremost, the sports entertainment side comes second, while it's the opposite for Vince (who I'm not even sure likes wrestling all that much these days). Combine that with the fact that HHH doesn't seem to have the "big WWE guy" bias, he's putting together a diverse roster of young guys from all over the place, including drawing right from the indies, and I'm eager to see him get more power over the TV product.

The developmental nature also means lots of experimentation, there's no status quo.

Are you saying I should like Triple H?!

How could you?!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We're going to have to accept that a lot of visionaries are going to be passing on soon. Dusty, Vince, and more are getting pretty old. Are their successors up to the task, or missing that certain something?

jmdajr

We're going to have to accept that a lot of visionaries are going to be passing on soon. Dusty, Vince, and more are getting pretty old. Are their successors up to the task, or missing that certain something?

Don't know. Vince always has the last word. Only one that I can assume could put that much fear on you is Steph.

Back in WCW no one was really in control.

Yoshi? Kane's in a Mario game?

I could make a Kane Mii, but it would have to bald Kane and it's just not the same.

I still say we need a Castlevania rip off called Wrestlevania where Kane has a fire whip and must journey to the Wrestlemania arena that appears but once a year in order to defeat the Undertaker.
Let's kickstart this.

What do you mean? There was just a new one 4 days ago? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_49tnRKoUWE

I actually was not expecting to see them for a bit after his brother died, but there were 4 at least in November.

No one has posted them here in a while so I assumed WWE quietly killed it off, that was the entire basis of my theory.

Dragonzord said:
also lol at Chris Hero main eventing. Overrated in the indies and even worse working WWE style.

Hero was overrated, but everything after Sweet & Sour inc. and his Young Knock-Out Kid gimmick was awesome. His last year or two on the indies saw him put on a ton of great matches and undoubtedly become one of the top wrestlers in the US, at least as far as I was concerned.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I could make a Kane Mii, but it would have to bald Kane and it's just not the same.

I still say we need a Castlevania rip off called Wrestlevania where Kane has a fire whip and must journey to the Wrestlemania arena that appears but once a year in order to defeat the Undertaker.
Let's kickstart this.
They really don't use the Kane character enough. A Kane video game like that would be perfect, and I'm still waiting on a Kane vs. Undertaker animated movie.

Doombear

Let's kickstart this.

My money is ready for this kickstarter.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I know this is a stupid wish, but I wish I was artistically inclined and I could draw 80s versions of current superstars. Think of all the insanity of the 80s and transfer it to characters today.

/sigh

Ugh, I have to miss the SRPW show this weekend. Mechashiva...have a good show man, give Miserio plenty of high fives. Have a great birthday and a safe trip, brother.

They really don't use the Kane character enough. A Kane video game like that would be perfect, and I'm still waiting on a Kane vs. Undertaker animated movie.
Oh man, I would mark out so hard.
Unless they took inspiration from the fan art you occasionally find in which case we'd get Moe Kane and Taker Hell No slice of life anime.
...i'd still watch it.

My money is ready for this kickstarter.

hmmmf. Not bad.
These people understand me.

Man, I know this is a stupid wish, but I wish I was artistically inclined and I could draw 80s versions of current superstars. Think of all the insanity of the 80s and transfer it to characters today.

/sigh

Nothing like thinking you could draw something and then the realisation swiftly strikes that drawing is a colossal pain in the arse, why can't I put what's in my head onto paper?!

There should be a Kane division in the WWE, and Owl should head it.
It would be more successful than the juniors division that's for sure.

Really it's not too far from our ideal version of Smackdown, Hell No sitcom, seriously no one watches Smackdown for anything other than Hell No and Sandow these days, Sandow could be like their grouchy opposite neighbour.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Really it's not too far from our ideal version of Smackdown, Hell No sitcom, seriously no one watches Smackdown for anything other than Hell No and Sandow these days, Sandow could be like their grouchy opposite neighbour.
In all seriousness, it's actually one of the most frustrating parts of the WWE. They always seek to branch out from wrestling, but they never do the most obvious things that could bring in attention. They have all these fantastic characters, but are so far behind the times that they don't know what to do with them.

A Hell No sitcom, even if it's on WWE.com, would be fantastic. It doesn't have to be a full show. Just 10 minutes. Show them in real life, and have Bryan visit Kane in "hell" or some random red lit room. It would be hilarious. You're trying to attract kids? Invest in cheap straight to DVD animated movies. They would do better than the crap they're putting out now. I still say that the mistake with WWE Films (besides calling it WWE Films) is that they spend all this time building these characters on TV, but don't use them on the big screen. Why is Orton playing some dad in a movie? He should be playing the "Apex Predator" Randy Orton.

Funnily enough the closest they got to having a wrestler act like their WWE gimmick was Kane himself since he was a raging psycho.
And then with Cena they did things the other way around and he started acting like he was a Marine after the movie.

Remember the Undertaker Western rumour that was going around a few years ago? damn that could have been fun.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Funnily enough the closest they got to having a wrestler act like their WWE gimmick was Kane himself since he was a raging psycho.
And then with Cena they did things the other way around and he started acting like he was a Marine after the movie.

Remember the Undertaker Western rumour that was going around a few years ago? damn that could have been fun.
It would have been great. This company really doesn't know how to take advantage of the characters they've created.

Yes he dies in the Christmas episode and goes to hell. So DDP and Jake go to hell to get Damien back and that's where they meet Kane and Daniel Bryan. Hilarity Ensues!

Calling it: He dies from Jake's dodgy cooking, an undercooked alcohol filled Christmas roast.

Top Bottom