• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

BlazinAm

He's getting paid to do nothing, there are worse things in the world I guess.

I guess. It would be nice to see more relevant black wrestlers on the roster.

Also apparently René Duprée is only 28 so he could come back to the wwe and really great years ahead of him.

Aiii

So not worth it
cody-stache.jpg

When Cody returns from injury he should come out in a squad car and a police uniform and become Officer Cody Rhodes.

They can bring Officer Colt Cabana in and make them a tag-team.

Sandow can become our WHC by winning the Rumble.

strobogo

Banned
Cody is just trying to appeal to a different segment of the gay community now.

That Booker/Austin match was actually really good. Austin gave him way more than anything Booker had been given in the ring up to that point in WWE.

Test was having a pretty big push at the time that kind of died off before WM. He and Booker were feuding with Kane and Taker. His match with Kane was WAY better than Taker's match with Booker (<3, Soul), then he won the immunity battle royal at Survivor Series which meant he couldn't be fired for a year. Then he had a little thing with The Rock and it just stopped cold right after the Rumble. I think his team with Booker continued for a bit and then I don't remember him doing anything until that CLUBBERIN' match with Brock at KOTR.

I was a fan of Test, up until they sliced off both his hair and pants, they must have been the source of his power and then he got stuck in an awful feud with botching Steiner about Testicles.

strobogo

Banned
No one but Cena is really tied to a show anymore, although guys still certainly are Raw or Smackdown guys. Before the past couple of weeks, how long had it been since Cena had been on Smackdown? Since the beginning of the SyFy run?

strobogo

Banned
I can't even remember how that was all resolved, not very well I imagine.

If I recall it was something like Test first won the services of Stacy and then won Steiner as his man servant, too, but Steiner wasn't playing that shit and they both were raping her for a while until Foley fired them both.

Man, some of you guys have crazy memories for this wrasslin stuff. I can barely remember angles from 5 years ago much less some of the mid tier angles from 2000-2002 you guys are discussing.

Y'know, unless you're all just cheating with Wiki and Youtube, you dirty cheaters.

If I recall it was something like Test first won the services of Stacy and then won Steiner as his man servant, too, but Steiner wasn't playing that shit and they both were raping her for a while until Foley fired them both.
That's kind of hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

Man, some of you guys have crazy memories for this wrasslin stuff. I can barely remember angles from 5 years ago much less some of the mid tier angles from 2000-2002 you guys are discussing.

Y'know, unless you're all just cheating with Wiki and Youtube, you dirty cheaters.

It's because mid tier angles from 2000-2002 are usually more memorable than most main event angles in the past 5 years.

It's because mid tier angles from 2000-2002 are usually more memorable than most main event angles in the past 5 years.

S'not the point dood. I can't remember ANY of them. I know there was this one guy...Cold Stone? And some other guy with an eyebrow gimmick...?

Ahhhh whatever, ROMAN REIGNS BABAY!! NEXT BATISTA! IT'S LIKE D-DAY ALL OVER AGAIN!

strobogo

Banned

Well, I rewatched that whole time period with in the last year or two, so it is a lot fresher in my mind. But before I watched it I didn't remember much of it at all besides the top level stuff. But I remember tons of late 80s shit and I wasn't even old enough to have actual memories of watching it.

S'not the point dood. I can't remember ANY of them. I know there was this one guy...Cold Stone? And some other guy with an eyebrow gimmick...?

Ahhhh whatever, ROMAN REIGNS BABAY!! NEXT BATISTA! IT'S LIKE D-DAY ALL OVER AGAIN!
Where's that Vince and Trips memory erasing gif when you need it?

WELL IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU SO OPTIMISTIC FOR THE FUTURE!

strobogo

Banned
WCW Thunder 2/2/2000

I am again sad to report that an incomplete copy can only allow me to give you a brief synopsis of what happened. Acting Commissioner Jarrett put Sid in a Triple Threat Theater (Submission match vs IRS, Hardcore match vs Rick Steiner, and CAGED HEAT against the Harris Brothers). I do believe this is the 6th Caged Heat match so far in barely over a month. Tank punched a Villano in the face. Hulk Hogan returns after taking offense at Lex saying Hogan never had as good of a body as him. Which he didn't, clearly, not even close, so I don't know what he's mad about. Norman vs The Demon with Norman dressed as The Demon. So it was truly a mirror nega match.

GManDH

been listening to a lot of interviews lately with some old school people. funny how sometimes an interview can make your interest in someone spike up.

Pretty sure this request goes to Bootay but who wants to hook me up with some primers for the companies I'll be seeing in Japan. I know I'll be seeing NJPW, NOAH, JWP, and DDT. I've seen a little ddt but the rest I don't know much about. I'll also see Dragon Gate and I'm pretty good on that. Hook a brother up!

Sure thing man, and I'm totally envious, would love to see DDT & New Japan live. You've got a good mix of promotions there - New Japan are the biggest company in Japan and the best wrestling product in the world, for my money, so you should be in for a great show. Even the house shows usually have a bunch of great matches on, though are light on storytelling. Guys to look out for; Hiroshi Tanahashi, the current IWGP champ, the Cena of Japan (who can actually wrestle) - Kazuchika Okada, Tanahashi's current nemesis and a hell of a young wrestler who has put on a bunch of great main events this year - Prince Devitt, the top Jr. Heavyweight wrestler in New Japan and a big fan favourite - Tetsuya Naito, called the 'wrestling genius' because of his apparent excellence in structuring his matches, he's the future star of New Japan, but is unfortunately sidelined with injury - KUSHIDA, one half of the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag champs (along with Alex Shelley), an impressive and exciting young Jr. Heavyweight wrestler - Minoru Suzuki, leader of the Suzuki-gun faction and an all-round old school shootstyle badass - Shinsuke Nakamura, the IWGP Intercontinental champ and leader of CHAOS, big fan favourite despite his heel status, due to his crazy mannerisms and hard-hitting style - Karl Anderson, the top gaijin heavyweight face in Japan, he's spent 2012 cementing himself as a fan favourite and a guy who can have a great match with anyone - Hirooki Goto, a tough and physical wrestler who has been around for a while, but has only just this year begun to show signs of a future main eventer. Here's a few matches;

Pro-Wrestling NOAH are in a bit of a rough patch at the moment, due to various scandals that have affected them since Misawa's death, and an inabillity to create new stars on the level of Misawa & Kobashi. Also, the recent contract disputes between Kobashi and NOAH have left doubts about the future of some of their top stars in the company. That being said, NOAH are a promotion I still enjoy to watch thanks to the hard-hitting strongstyle wrestling they are known for, it's just that they have trouble making matches feel important any more (unless it's involving outside guys), and the lack of new stars means many of their shows can feel samey. Guys to look out for; Takeshi Morishima, the current GHC Heavyweight champ and former ROH champ, a physically dominating and surprisingly agile big-man wrestler - KENTA, ostensibly a heel, but still a fan favourite and one of the hardest hitters on the roster - Go Shiozaki, big fan favourite and seen as Kobashi's main pupil, one of the best workers in the company - Jun Akiyama, a tough, no-nonsense veteran of 90's All Japan, Akiyama's stoic manner, hard-hitting style and in-ring consistancy always makes his matches one to watch - Ricky Marvin & Super Crazy, the current GHC Jr. Tag champs and an enjoyable, lucha-styled tag team that have got over well with the fans and given Crazy a chance to show he can still go at this level - Atsushi Aoki, a fantasticly technical Jr. Heavyweight wrestler who has improved leaps and bounds over the past few years, but is yet to really break out. Here's a few matches;

JWP, run by Command Bolshoi, is currently the oldest joshi puroresu promotion in Japan, but the style of the promotion has changed a lot from the past heights of joshi wrestling. I'm not terribly fond of the promotion, as much of the wrestling these days seems very so-so, rarely anything to get excited about, and I generally prefer REINA shows. That being said, there are some great wrestlers on the JWP roster, and when they give it their all they can put on great matches. Ladies to look out for; the aforementioned Command Bolshoi, an entertaining and athletic lucha-style high-flyer - Tsubasa Kuragaki, the powerhouse of JWP, freakishly strong and probably the hardest hitter on the roster - Leon, a 12 year veteran, this masked wrestler remains a fan favourite thanks to her Jr. Heavyweight style - Hanako Nakamori, an impressive young wrestler who is showing promise - Emi Sakura, founder of the Ice Ribbon promotion, started her career in 2005 and has made a name for herself in recent years as someone who can have a great match with anyone - Kaori Yoneyama, a JWP original, she has been wrestling for 13 years and her short stature belies her fierce nature, while her exuberant manner has made her a firm fan favourite, even if she is opossing the promotion in storylines at the moment - Arisa Nakajima, another impressive young wrestler, left the business a few years back, but returned in 2012 and is showing herself to be much improved. Not many JWP videos online, but here's a few;

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could visit Japan...but only in the 1980s. Now THAT'S some cool times. 80s wrestling + Japan = awesome.

I'm sick of the entire roster at TNA every week its the same shit.

I give up on them.

Every week: Hogan in the back telling Sting he is the only one he trusts, and can count on.
Jeff Hardy giving a horrible promo in the ring only to be interrupted by Roode.

on and on and on ...........................

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Looks like I am a bit late to the party, but I can never pass up an opportunity to bash triple h. It was the McMahon Helmsley era that soured me on wrestling, I've never been able to get as interested since. I'm sure it doesn't seem that bad watching it now, compared to modern WWE I imagine its gold, but there was just such an explosion of talent in WWE at that time and it was ludicrous to have Mr H's go over all of them. You had so many greats in their prime and yet week after week you'd tune in to see which of your favorite wrestlers trips buries this week. I died a little inside when Jericho won the strap on the opening of Raw and Hebner reversed it. I know in a lot of ways it just cements him as a great villain, but it went too far. Also he hasn't been able to do a proper Pedigree since like 1998.

You know, we all laugh at Cena's huge audibles in the ring, but I'm watching Jeff Hardy v HHH from a 2001 April Raw, and you can hear HHH throughout the match shouting the next spots.

In fairness... he really does a good job of putting Jeff Hardy over. This goes against everything I've been told to believe on the internet.

You know, we all laugh at Cena's huge audibles in the ring, but I'm watching Jeff Hardy v HHH from a 2001 April Raw, and you can hear HHH throughout the match shouting the next spots.

In fairness... he really does a good job of putting Jeff Hardy over. This goes against everything I've been told to believe on the internet.

Triple H lost to Shelton Benjamin!

Three times!

I loved me some Shelton too. One of my favorite wrestlers at the time.

Top Bottom