• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

G-Fex

I didnt watch the shitty new Batman movie because current batman is boring and stupid, but why do people like Bane? He looks like he has silver worms in his mouth.

wait.....

well......yeah.

Go watch Skyfall Sunflower, there's a better movie.

What is it about Frank Millar's work you don't like? I mean I'm not a huge super fan of his work, but I don't hate it. Certainly like the versions of his work that have been done as Live Action/Cartoons.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tom Hardy looks like a wimp compared to Batista. that's like saying CM Punk looks like Attitude Era Shawn Michaels

So, I got through watching Under The Hood a few days ago, and it was as awesome as I expected it to be. I didn't expect a dark match in between all of the other stuff on the card that night, but I'm not about to complain about getting more matches, y'know? I did start to feel a little fatigued near the end of the main event, though. I don't think I can watch 3 hours of wrestling like I used to, although I might have just been overtired from watching Raw earlier.

large.jpg

Mark Henry is looking just amazing these days.

Henry vs Taker at WM29!

Wow, he's in better shape than I would have expected after his injury. Good on him!

I need to get to that Johnny Saint one, one of these days. I really love hearing the perspective of people who aren't big stars, or people from very different cultures and how it works for them. There's a lot of good content in his podcasts, and I'm not as bothered as some of "you people" with his shilling and advertisements, but honestly, it is VERY EASY TO FAST FORWARD TO THE INTERVIEW. Be happy podcasts are something you can do that with! It won't last forever.

BTW double congrats to Laserfrog, he's been accepted to produce video content for a gaming site with good people in it, launching in the next month or two!

Hooray Laserfrog!

I think it's the vignettes and jokes in the lead-ins of the more recent podcasts that get to people, myself; I know people who are trying to listen to his more recent stuff that say that the little segments turn them off from the whole thing. They say that fast forwarding helps. Timestamps help even more, but I don't post stuff like that on the net.

And congrats on the new gig, Laser!

I just realised...

Kane and Bane have something in common...

Nobody cared who Kane was until he put on the mask...

Kane & Bane.

Mind blown.

Oh right, we did make a bunch of Kane = Bane jokes a few months back, didn't we? Nearly got in trouble because of all the near-spoilers, too.

Sokantish

What is it about Frank Millar's work you don't like? I mean I'm not a huge super fan of his work, but I don't hate it. Certainly like the versions of his work that have been done as Live Action/Cartoons.

It's G-Fex's thing, man. Get with it! He hates stuff once he realizes most people like it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's muscular and halfnude though, figured you'd love the hell out of movie-Bane.

He looked dumpy to me. Just didn't really feel like I should bother watching it. TDK wasn't anything special either, imho. Robert Downey Jr got robbed thanks to Heath Ledger dying when it was awards time. Tropic Thunder > TDK.

G-Fex

One, his art fucking sucks, it's garbage, ugly garbage.

two, the man is fucking insane.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

For starters he hasn't done anything worthwhile in like 14 years.

I didnt watch the shitty new Batman movie because current batman is boring and stupid, but why do people like Bane? He looks like he has silver worms in his mouth.

Y'know Sunnybuns, when people use that sentence structure, they mention stuff that makes the subject look less noteworthy, not more noteworthy.

Now I'm gonna be on the computer all day looking for a movie with a villain with silver worms all up in their mouth, and the closest thing I'm going to find is Oogie Boogie.

It's G-Fex's thing, man. Get with it! He hates stuff once he realizes most people like it.

Wait, by that logic, shouldn't he love all of Millar's old work, since people have started to heavily criticize it? I mean, All-Star Batman and Robin painted all of his older work piss yellow in a bad light, so the contrarian thing to do would be to praise said work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'know Sunnybuns, when people use that sentence structure, they mention stuff that makes the subject look less noteworthy, not more noteworthy.

I tell it like it is. It's silver worms, and it's GROSS. Bleh! Someday I'm sure I'll see it, but I have an aversion to almost every single superhero movie these days.

Exception: Punisher War Zone. What a great, GREAT goddamn film.

I think a little part of me died today.

q54my.png

Wow, even I didn't have the balls to do that! $5 well spent on you Laserfrog!

Laserfrog

I don't know what a Frank Miller is but what I like about Dark Knight Returns is it's old man Batman. He's old and broken but he's still got it *clap clap clapclapclap* Maybe it's because of my Grandad who was a strong imposing Polish man who wouldn't take shit from anybody. Also Batman is voiced by Robocop.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what a Frank Miller is but what I like about Dark Knight Returns is it's old man Batman. He's old and broken but he's still got it *clap clap clapclapclap* Maybe it's because of my Grandad who was a strong imposing Polish man who wouldn't take shit from anybody. Also Batman is voiced by Robocop.

I saw your grandfather, he was skinnier than you!

I get the artwork comment, as I'm like that at times when artists suddenly take over mid-run on a series. I just don't like some styles, and I'm not overly keen on the very clean (Saturday Morning TV) style that seems popular at the moment.

I like the stories though, like Laserfrog said, it's an old beaten down Batman who comes out of retirement!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You have gone down a few spots on my fave five.

So I'm like #33 now, no big!

Seriously though, it's just not my thing. Batman let me down, I don't know what else to say.

I'm a huge fan of 60s Batman too. That doesn't help. Shit was GENIUS.

strobogo

Banned
A few thoughts:

I wanted to review the next Nitro I had in line, but whatever Windows update murdered my computer. Took over 3 hours to boot up. About an hours worth to actually be able to click anything once my desktop popped up. Fucking awful. Whatever the update was, it made my computer grind to a halt. It's just now back to working, kind of, still super slow, but not as bad as it was. I was wondering what the fuck was wrong and then "New Updates have been installed" popped up and it all made sense.

------

Face Miz is the worst thing in pro wrestling right now. For real. The absolute worst. Worse than the AJ/Cena shit. Worse than Khali and Hornswoggle. Worse than Jeff Hardy's inner monologues. Worse than A8s and Devon. Worse than Davey Richards. It's actually astonishing how bad he is. But then I remember he's the Miz. Chimmel's announcing of his name is perfect. Punk murdered him and it was great. I also enjoy that Punk keeps calling everyone jerks. I feel like he's laying some long term ground work to throw out a Jerk Store reference.

------
Kofi's chest never fails to disgust and fascinate me. Randy Orton's abs look fake to me.

------
I like seeing the disgusted faces of fans in the front row when Claudio gets pinned and they get a full view of his gooch, hairy legs, and inner thighs. It's hilarious. But also gross. He's the first dude in years to not shave his legs. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Very European.

------

Matt Striker should have kept his creepy 'stache and transitioned it into Decembeard.

------
The Kingdom Come style of art might be my favorite comic book art I've ever seen.

I don't read much Batman any more, but I really liked Batman: Death By Design from earlier this year. It was very short, but has gorgeous art deco/noir artwork that was bright and lively while retaining Batman's brooding atmosphere, without ever straying too close to overly dark and gothic styling like some Batman books. Plus, it has a story that lets Batman be a detective for once, rather than just beat dudes up.

Also, Nolan Batman is grade A overhyped trash. Without Ledger & Oldman's performances, TDK is nothing but another comic book film.

Mr. Sandman said:
and here is a video preview of El Generico & Samuray Del Sol vs The Super Smash Bros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pwgod1j3_E

Really looking forward to this one. Also, hoping Callihan beats the fuck out of Gargano and takes the title. LET'S GO SAMI!!!

Oh I should have mentioned, I caught TNA for the first time last night since Bound For Glory.

That show makes Raw look good, with Chris Angel being the only awesome thing left in TNA.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT DON'T SEARCH FOR CHRISTOPHER DANIELS ON TUMBLR

Top Bottom