• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

SoulPlaya

more money than God
reports are he wants to fight Punk is a streak vs streak match then retire. This could explain Punk's last minute surgery. So you got Rock at Rumble but Brock could easily cost Rock the match then set up 2 high profile guys in a match that would certainly draw the mainstream attention. The movie star vs. a mma fighter. Cena vs. Ryback could fill in the undercard. Ziggler vs the Rumble winner Daniel Bryan. Orton vs. Barrett #58

solid card
Streak vs Streak? Punk lost to Orton at WM 27. What streak would it be?

EDIT: Oh, you mean WWE title? Nah, I think Rock is taking it.

BlazinAm

reports are he wants to fight Punk is a streak vs streak match then retire. This could explain Punk's last minute surgery. So you got Rock at Rumble but Brock could easily cost Rock the match then set up 2 high profile guys in a match that would certainly draw the mainstream attention. The movie star vs. a mma fighter. Cena vs. Ryback could fill in the undercard. Ziggler vs the Rumble winner Daniel Bryan. Orton vs. Barrett #58

solid card

Crazy that avoiding Cena vs The Rock quickly creates a better card. Triple H will want his win on Brock though. If they could avoid that match-up as well they could create a really strong card.

Toki767

Streak vs Streak? Punk lost to Orton at WM 27. What streak would it be?

Streak vs title is probably what he meant. I've heard that creative are booking with the understanding that Punk will be in the main event of WM. So this could be true. Either that or some Punk/Rock/Cena triple threat match, but who would really want that?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Streak vs title is probably what he meant. I've heard that creative are booking with the understanding that Punk will be in the main event of WM. So this could be true. Either that or some Punk/Rock/Cena triple threat match, but who would really want that?

Yes. the WWE title streak vs. Mania Streak. Edge and Taker had a setup like that for the WHC at 24 but Edge and Taker were fighting over their WM undefeated streak.

Rock can always come back for 30. He may even be free to show up to more WWE tv shows in 2014. Triple H said in a interview to hype Mania 29 that if Rock became WWE champion, Rock would have to show up to tv every week. Besides, Rock never got his win back from Brock when Brock beat him for the title.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yes. the WWE title streak vs. Mania Streak. Edge and Taker had a setup like that for the WHC at 24 but Edge and Taker were fighting over their WM undefeated streak.

Rock can always come back for 30. He may even be free to show up to more WWE tv shows in 2014. Triple H said in a interview to hype Mania 29 that if Rock became WWE champion, Rock would have to show up to tv every week. Besides, Rock never got his win back from Brock when Brock beat him for the title.
I'm sorry, man, but you know it's going to be HHH/Lesnar at WM. You really think HHH is just going to let Lesnar go over on him, without making him look like a fool at WM?

Toki767

I'm sorry, man, but you know it's going to be HHH/Lesnar at WM. You really think HHH is just going to let Lesnar go over on him, without making him look like a fool at WM?

Especially after that crowd gave him that round of applause when he was supposedly retiring. After he stood there for a few minutes waiting for the crowd to clap, at least.

jobber

Triple H is a company man now. He can get his win back from Brock at Summerslam 2013. Brock was about going back to UFC but he thought better of it. He'll end up back in WWE with the same kind of deal he had for this year.

Brock doesn't care about losing or keeping his character strong. He just wants dat fight money.

ey4Xt.png

0gFhN.png

wUuaw.png

strobogo

Banned
People talk way too much about "getting your win back". That stuff doesn't really matter unless it is during a feud. I'm not saying wins and losses don't matter (but they don't for most guys, unless it is way over done, like Ziggler losing every match this year up until the past month), but getting a win back isn't that important anymore. Especially from 10 years ago. I don't recall HHH getting any of his wins back over any major feuds from 2004 on.

Toki767

People talk way too much about "getting your win back". That stuff doesn't really matter unless it is during a feud. I'm not saying wins and losses don't matter (but they don't for most guys, unless it is way over done, like Ziggler losing every match this year up until the past month), but getting a win back isn't that important anymore. Especially from 10 years ago. I don't recall HHH getting any of his wins back over any major feuds from 2004 on.
Remember when Orton won in that triple threat match with HHH and Cena at Mania? The next month HHH got his win back by becoming the champion.

jobber

Taker will come back for another WM even THOUGH they already sold a 20-0 Taker DVD?

SMH.

WWE sells a new Undertaker dvd every year.

Triple H doesn't need to have a match to get his win back. Sheamus got buried to the point he had to turn face after Triple showed up and pedigreed him through the announce table 8 months after Sheamus pinned him. It wasn't even a match. Triple H just showed up while Sheamus was at ringside. There wasn't a promo or anything.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Of course wins and losses don't really matter. However, tell that to HHH (or, for that matter, Taker).

Toki767

Triple H doesn't need to have a match to get his win back. Sheamus got buried to the point he had to turn face after Triple showed up and pedigreed him through the announce table 8 months after Sheamus pinned him.

The thing with HHH is that most of the time when he loses, something else happens after the match to make it so that most people forget he even lost the match.

strobogo

Banned
WWE sells a new Undertaker dvd every year.

Triple H doesn't need to have a match to get his win back. Sheamus got buried to the point he had to turn face after Triple showed up and pedigreed him through the announce table 8 months after Sheamus pinned him. It wasn't even a match. Triple H just showed up while Sheamus was at ringside. There wasn't a promo or anything.

There were like 5-6 months in between those events happening and nothing HHH could do could have made Sheamus look worse than his KOTR run where he went from bad ass to total joke who jobbed more than Ziggler.

Toki767

There were like 5-6 months in between those events happening and nothing HHH could do could have made Sheamus look worse than his KOTR run where he went from bad ass to total joke who jobbed more than Ziggler.

Apparently the King of the Ring curse (which was the storyline they were running when there wasn't really ever a curse) was stronger than the luck of the Irish (Sheamus' storyline a year later)

Enfinit

solid card

I would be ok with this. However, isn't Rock pretty much guaranteed the title at the Rumble? Also, if it's a streak vs. streak match, Punk would clearly get the win because they wouldn't put the strap on Taker.

Kyoufu

I would be ok with this. However, isn't Rock pretty much guaranteed the title at the Rumble? Also, if it's a streak vs. streak match, Punk would clearly get the win because they wouldn't put the strap on Taker.

Punk isn't breaking that streak. He has no interest in it either.

Alucard

Banned

Taker could just drop the title the next night on Raw and say it was never about the belt, but about proving himself against a champion once more. WWE holds a tournament for the title, with the following PPV ending with the final...or heck, they could do the whole tournament on the PPV.

strobogo

Banned
So bros, my hard drive appears to have died. Whatever Windows Update was, it killed it. Now I'm putting my laptop HDD into my desktop, because I never use my lap top. I don't think I"ve used it in months. I hope it works. It booted up and went into start up repair, which make take several minutes I do have a USB adapter for dead drives, so hopefully I'll be able to get my Nitros and Thunders off of it. Can't complain, the PC is a $100 refurbished Dell that is like a 6-8 months old now. But I really hope this hard drive swap works.

G-Fex

So bros, my hard drive appears to have died. Whatever Windows Update was, it killed it. Now I'm putting my laptop HDD into my desktop, because I never use my lap top. I don't think I"ve used it in months. I hope it works. It booted up and went into start up repair, which make take several minutes I do have a USB adapter for dead drives, so hopefully I'll be able to get my Nitros and Thunders off of it. Can't complain, the PC is a $100 refurbished Dell that is like a 6-8 months old now. But I really hope this hard drive swap works.

That sucks I hope you can get every episode off of the HDD.

strobogo

Banned
Update on hard drive gate: Well, my lap top hard drive won't work due to a patch, which doesn't make sense to me. The original WILL work, it just takes literally over an hour and a half to actually start up, but it seems to be okay once it finally starts. I'm going to try to restore my laptop hard drive to as far back as possible, and in the mean time back up whatever I can on this one.

I haven't even started the New Blood/Millionare's Club feud yet. I CAN'T GIVE UP. I have odds to over come.

jobber

goooooood morning WWE Universe

CENATION is here!

PTP are here

Old theme!

HYPE

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Booker teaching the spinnerooni. Yeah sure it's a kids show I think stuff like that is fine here.

Booker sounded tired after that lol.

jobber

3 megabytes!

the FU is going to get cut away or will Cena overcome the odds to get his move over

Man they act like Slater never wrestled Cena before

Slater pinned Cena for the tag team belts.

Top Bottom