• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
What kid would want to watch DBZ these days? It's a 20 year old japanese cartoon.

And why are they showing lost galaxy? That's a 13 year old show using footage from a 14 year old show that looks 10 years older than that cause it's japanese footage.

When they did a promo with all of those shows those 2 stuck out like a sore thumb.

What kid would want to watch DBZ these days? It's a 20 year old japanese cartoon.

And why are they showing lost galaxy? That's a 13 year old show using footage from a 14 year old show that looks 10 years older than that cause it's japanese footage.

When they did a promo with all of those shows those 2 stuck out like a sore thumb.

More importantly, do they cut away to reaction shots during DBZ and Power Rangers when people get punched in the head?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
More importantly, do they cut away to reaction shots during DBZ and Power Rangers when people get punched in the head?

Not that I know of but during the former kids block on this channel they did change a DBZ character to make them less racist.

YdvhP.jpg

Oh shit Cena's hosting Vortexx too!

I missed him talk about Power Rangers fuck.

EVOLVE 18 is live tonight from Voorhees, NJ, and worldwide via iPPV;

iL8PVF1L35Byl.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-evolve-12-08-12.html - $9.99

• Open the Freedom Gate Title Match: Johnny Gargano (c) vs Sami Callihan
  • Bonus Tag Team Main Event: El Generico & Samuray Del Sol vs The Super Smash Bros.
  • Four Way Freestyle Match, featuring the winners of the following matches;
    • Chuck Taylor vs Jon Davis
    • Rich Swann vs Jigsaw
    • Masada vs Papadon
    • AR Fox vs Tony Nese
  • Plus, Colt Cabana will provide commentary along with Lenny Leonard, Christina Von Eerie will be in attendance and Larry Dallas challenges Marti Belle.

Also, CZW - Cage of Death 14 is live right after EVOLVE;

iWCPt4vHvoT24.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-czw-12-08-12.html - $14.99

• Shattered Dreams Cage of Death Match: DJ Hyde vs Matt Tremont
  • CZW World Heavyweight Championship: Masada (c) vs Drake Younger
  • CZW Wired TV Championship: AR Fox (c) vs ???
  • UltraViolent Insanity: 4LOCO vs Nation of Intoxication
  • CZW Rules Match: Sami Callihan vs Adam Cole
  • #1 Contenders Match: BLK-OUT vs OI4K
  • Battle for Aerial Supremacy: Rich Swann vs Shane Strickland
  • Inter-gender Tag Team Match: The Excellents vs The Campaign

Hmmm, definitely watching EVOLVE tonight, but I am tempted by CZW seeing the whole card - there's some good sounding matches there, Swann vs Strickland, Callihan vs Cole, Masada vs Drake and the COD itself.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Everytime they transition away from Cena it's to a giant WWE logo.

Attorney General saying to not let your kids watch violent stuff during Saturday morning cartoons you can't make this shit up.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cena getting his win back.

Probably. Rock and Sheamus are the only 2 that has beat Cena and Cena never beat them.

Nick probably forced CW to air LG when Nick loaned out IM:AA.

Novid

Banned
Ima write something up in a few mins. It isnt going to be pretty for anybody (and note its gonna be long so if you dont want to read, your choice - but it will be your loss)

pants

Just finished Impact. OMFG @ Daniels' mannerisms and taunts, he was absolutely AAA class :eek:
lol @ Kazarian's overselling the twist of fate.
AA <3

Aces & Eights running from one man .. lol

Laserfrog

Tiger Tony got thrown out of Rising Sun Puroresu for not getting his stamina up to 76% only got it up to 75%, I think I might be done with this game.

strobogo

Banned
I have a confession to make: I kind of like the Ultimate Spiderman show. It got way better in the second half of the season and I look forward to the next one.

Second confession. I've always felt that Sid and Michael Rooker (aka Henry/Merle) looked like brothers.

ecurbj

Just finished Impact. OMFG @ Daniels' mannerisms and taunts, he was absolutely AAA class :eek:
lol @ Kazarian's overselling the twist of fate.
AA <3

Aces & Eights running from one man .. lol
I just finished watching it too. That was an awesome show this past Thursday. From Brooke's boobs to that 6 man tag match. Definitely a good match and the way Kazarian sold the Twist Of Fate was actually pretty nice.

I DVR'd iMPACT. I saw that Jeff Hardy, Cowboy and AJ won but Ace's and 8's came in and attacked but don't know what happened during that segment. Can you tell me or anyone, please?

Novid

Banned
TNA will win by default.

Not because it even tried to do anything new, because doing something new is easy, making it stick to a human mass media that does nothing but spew the trash and call it good is hard.

Saturday Morning Slam’s episode with the Man as part and parcel of the reason Haim Saban, a noted political and Hollywood insider and Vincent Kennedy McMahan/Linda McMahan – created a block of shows combined from the remints of 4Kids Entertainments demise and a smattering of Warner Brothers, Disney (marvel) and Hub (Hasbro) shows, John Cena; is the reason why both the animation business in North America, and the wresting business in the states – are in decline and heading into illreveance.

The episode - and the block itself is part and parcel of what is left of Neo-Conservative America - a America that supported the troops (as long as they were white), supported a back standing of not only buildings brought down my monsters – but how human beings in the first stages of life got nourishment. A support of anti-violence when there is violence…

It shows how “Conservatism” ends, the hubris to the nth degree mired by half – truths, convenient censorship when there should be none, doing the wrong things to get the right result and a confusion of sexuality when there should be an acceptance of one’s own unique soul.

This is what has happened after The Brand ended its Attitude era, a era that was more rip-off of Philly’s and South Jersey’s scream and warning to America of its continuing “mainstreaming” of the perfect conservative lifestyle without all of its people having a stake in it. ECW was great in scope, powerful in its storylines, dark and foreboding about a future with no hope. Mutants whose children now run the world via reality TV. The same reality TV WWE is trying to compete with and losing.

This is what I saw when I saw The Vortexx. I saw what I was warning about years ago – when I was on G-Faqs and IGN to a anime community budding trying to get rid of the censorship of a anquanted industry, already censoring the “Classics” because of their southern supporting roots. Haim Saban the man, I have no problem with. Haim Saban the political force I don’t care much about. Haim Saban’s Religion makes no difference to me. But when he uses all of it for his business – the business he so wrecked 15 years ago, that we and others fought during the days he had Escaflone – days when Pokemon was the fad, days when Al Kahn and Saban had a blood war. Days when Disney keep fucking up trying to find that fad. Days when Cartoon Network needed spark. Days when The Brand, was the Federation - and had Stone Cold, the Rock, Mankind etc… those days we were trying to get that Saturday Morning lineup more in tune with Vince’s Attitude era. Them Cheeky Chicks. That Lita. That Stratus – fighting them scary girls. Thumb tacks, chair shots, candy asses?

Those days. Of Toonami. Of That era.

Saban took it all away.

But he needed to go.

Al Kahn proved everybody wrong. You see – nobody knew this – but years and years ago – It was Kahn, good old Al, who asked Vince to do a “show” like Slam. Vince…said no. No matter – Kahn didn’t need Hollywood – at one time, Hollywood needed him.

Nevertheless, things don’t work out now. You think about it now for those fans of Crunchyroll – if Kahn was successful with One Piece. One Piece would have become the second global fad from that company. I am not wrong about these things. You don’t think the whole world wouldn’t have heard Avrils cover for the new movie (which would have been the third in the states IMO if it was successful?).

But those otaku from arlong park and Crunchyroll fought against him.

And no matter how much he tried to restart the genre that brought him fame, it wasn’t enough.

He made very bad choices.

I never forgave him for it – but in the end it was trumped up charges.

Now, anime – the symbolic “sister” of Pro Wrestling’s extreme era – is suffering a fate worse than its demise.

Its suffering being ripped away from its core, by men who are omega males who are nothing more than invalids, in any other decade of human history, and pirates made to kings over night by using Chinese governmental technology to screw the Japanese over in any way possible by any means possible.

Pro Entertainment is being done the same way, but this time by those who forgot that its not time for preaching, censoring, supporting those that wish your destruction because you’re not “agreeable” or “adjusted” .

There is a reason why the bronies exist. Because they don’t want to fight the battles against censorship we fight before, and we continue to fight today. Many, not all are sexless souls who fear the act and fear attachment. Those many are no better than the Japanese Otaku who sold their brothers out for that sexual but non-sexual contact with some one who is cute, ready to bloom. Sold their brothers to a government edict. Sold there brothers, the animators and the design artists to less wages and more :SDBurtons. Sold them all out for some sort of retarded manifestation of what a Japanese woman should act and behave like. The bronies feel safe in a place where friendship is magic, there is no worry, no inter dialogue, just fun and jokes all around and a few weak ass bad dudes…

That is what pro entertainment is about to become…

Because that Vince that said those words of honesty back in 1997, is now caught up in his wife’s hubris trying to become a senator – billions of dollars lost, lying to his shareholders about PG.

The same Vince that used John Cena as a successful version of Tommy Dreamer – who never reached the title (and was going into a major rivalry with RVD if ECW stayed beyond 2001), has now backed himself into a corner with him.

That Vince that used to be the great heel, fourth wall breaking dude – is now dead inside.
He sold his soul to a man just as demonic an executive as he is.

And for that – and for those that support Saban and his ilk of business tycoons that play Hollywood like fiddles, there is no forgetting.

There is a difference between someone like Saban and Vince, and somebody like Kahn.

I remember back in 2001 when everybody and their momma were censoring left and right – no planes, no broken buildings etc., etc… even Saban got into the whole thing.

But Al Kahn said fuck them all and left Ultraman Tiga alone. That’s a man.

The last time anything near what Al Kahn did, was the first two episode of the now canned Thundercats series.

There both gone.

And what we have left is confusion, weakness, stupidity, a lack of understanding about the truth – and in the end, bullshit.

TNA will win by default.

Not because there is nothing left to try. There is.

What I saw was the countdown in to the final days of the WWE as a brand, as a wrestling company- as even existing in its current form.

It has become like Disney – a factory of dream makers that take and can no longer create.

And now, Just Like Disney – it’s going to take everything it wants.

It’s going to become so big – some say it’s too big to fail.

But it’s going to fail.

And when it does, no one will hear its noise.

ecurbj

Taking a guess but That's enough? Even his Spanglish terms I couldn't understand and I'm a latino
Thanks!

I am too. I'm half Puerto Rican though. I know some Spanish but not a lot.

So in translation what would "That's enough" be in Spanish spelled out?

Edit: "Eso es suficiente!"

Anyone from Wrasslegaf want a DOTA2 beta download?

I have 7

SEVEN.

I didnt even like playing it when I tried it. Why are you sending all this shit my way Valve? I dont even have 7 people on my steam friends list.

novid said:

Well...that was something.

But really, I can't even bring myself to care about WWE's demise. And TNA aren't winning anything, unless being the last guard of a forgotten outpost is worthy of some sort of acclaim. Wrestling is done in terms of the mass popularity it once achieved, and I would be very surprised to see that change in the future.

Will be my first Evolve show I watch today. Pretty excited!

Enjoy, should be a good show! Hopefully the crowd are up for it though, as one of EVOLVE's main problems has been drawing sizeable and enthusiastic crowds, but as it's a double-shot with the CZW show that shouldn't be a problem. Really looking forward to Generico & Del Sol vs the Smash Bros.

pants

I just finished watching it too. That was an awesome show this past Thursday. From Brooke's boobs to that 6 man tag match. Definitely a good match and the way Kazarian sold the Twist Of Fate was actually pretty nice.

I DVR'd iMPACT. I saw that Jeff Hardy, Cowboy and AJ won but Ace's and 8's came in and attacked but don't know what happened during that segment. Can you tell me or anyone, please?

Six guys started beating down Jeff Harvey after Storm and AJ went to the back, after a minute or so Storm came running back out with a weapon and the 6 guys in the ring scattered like a cowardly heel on a Monday night.

It also seems that Bobby Roooooo payed the aces and eights to take out Harvey.

tm24

Wont be home for evolve but i will be for czw. Please tell me somene else is gonna watch it so i can chat with someone. Watching wrestling by myself is boring

Kaladin

Wont be home for evolve but i will be for czw. Please tell me somene else is gonna watch it so i can chat with someone. Watching wrestling by myself is boring

Sorry man, I can't do it.....blame Batman, I bought The Dark Knight trilogy on sale for $20 this week.

Nah man, saban. Its been a 15 year conspiracy in order to make oower rangers more popular than wrestling or something

That makes sense, just connect the dots, tm24:

Earlier this year, The Rock called John Cena a "transvestite Power Ranger". Jushin Liger looks like a transvestite Power Ranger. Therefore, Saban is buying WWE!

Top Bottom