• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
So Lockdown 2013 is going to be at the Alamo Dome, 70,000 can be seated.

this is the seating chart

iIlbNlfSTJnCv.gif

What the hell is TNA thinking?

rvd2kewl

iIlbNlfSTJnCv.gif

They better have gotten one hell of a deal on the building. The market is not too bad, though I'm surprised they would go back to Texas for a PPV so soon considering Slammiversary was in Dallas this year.

I think they would've been better off bringing it to Chicago here. Great wrestling town and the last time they ran a PPV here was Bound for Glory 2008, which went really well (5,000 people).

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

iIlbNlfSTJnCv.gif

It seems to be quite common.

You can see a good pic here of the temporary seating on the right. Curtains above.

Although TNA will be tarping off half of this:

11FYS.jpg

For perspective:

8yxjU.jpg

They're thinking they would rather have a full house than an empty stadium.
They won't even fill that.

strobogo

Banned
I think he meant more along the lines of "why rent out the fucking Alamo Dome only to use 1/4th of it". Why wouldn't they rent out a 15K seat arena and tarp that off, instead of using 10-15K seats in a 70K arena. I'll be stunned if they get 15 thousand even with half of it papered.

I think he meant more along the lines of "why rent out the fucking Alamo Dome only to use 1/4th of it". Why wouldn't they rent out a 15K seat arena and tarp that off, instead of using 10-15K seats in a 70K arena. I'll be stunned if they get 15 thousand even with half of it papered.

Well does San Antonio have an arena for 15k?

That seating chart appears to be one of their standard configurations:
http://www.alamodome.com/default.asp?alamodome=19
So they aren't paying for the Alamo Dome in total, the arena is just configured with the ability to run smaller capacity shows so that they can get more utility out of it. If it only worked for football then it would sit empty all the time, instead it's multi-purpose in order to make money.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
LOL, the crowd is changing "where's your boyfriend" at Kazarian.

James Storm sounds way too much like a Stone Cold Steve Austin impersonater now.

Brinbe

Just remembered there was a PPV on... 20 mins in and didn't miss anything, oh TNA.

Hope this is a decent match, it has potential to be quite good.

ecurbj

Crazy that James Storm has fallen off in terms of standing, is it next month where he faces Hardy for the title?
I thought he lost his shot to Roode. Am I wrong? Roode and Storm both fault for Storm's #1 contender shot at Hardy and Storm lost to Roode.

So AJ Styles will instead get the X Division title and use for a shot at the TNA title at Destination X instead?

Yes. That's the only way he can get a title shot other than entering the Bound For Glory tournament next fall. I'm sure they're planning an angle for AJ.

And I hate the lighting for TNA.

BlazinAm

So even though Roode beat Storm for his #1 contender shot. Storm still gets another shot at Hardy next month? Then what was the point of that Roode versus Storm match?

I would think that they would push Storm at some point. They are not going to put the title on Aries, Joe is not there yet, styles can't contend. Storm is one of the few guys left.

The crowd seems to be dead for this match with a couple of people chanting this is awesome.

The pacing of the match is off. Yep RVD was going to win.

BlazinAm

Kenny King that rising star that wasn't on TV for months until recently because Ion can only lose so many times.

Weak matches to open the ppv.

Brinbe

Yup. If the company doesn't care, why should the crowd care?

Though I will say Christopher Daniels is awesome. One of their best superstars (along with Roode, AJ, Aries and Joe if they gave a f).

Oh no doubt, I love them both. It's just ridiculous that I can not pay attention for months at a time and come back to see those two feuding again for the billionth time. At least we know it'll be a good match (even if we've seen it a billion times before).

And this is tag match is Impact-worthy.

Top Bottom