• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

1480642684888bssxz.jpg

Belongs in the OP

In every OP from now to the end of time.

RBH

I'm just now catching up on 205 Live.

Who is the dummy that decided to feature the Bollywood Boyz of all people during the first 20 minutes of the show?

SHIMMER is dying
CyoGT4-WIAAcWFw.jpg

Not surprised. They just fell too far behind with the DVDs, once the gap between shows taking place and actually releasing was up to over a year lots of people stopped following. But it isn't just the backlog, a lot of fans have moved on from DVD - if I buy a wrestling DVD nowadays it's usually a limited run or collector's edition, I have no interest in buying a shit-ton more DVDs in 2016.

They need to get on FloSlam, or Pivotshare, or something that doesn't involve a costly and lengthy production process. When there's so much wrestling out there, so much of it available with such a crazy quick turnaround, who's going to give a damn about a show that happened months ago and costs $15 before shipping? Not many beyond the real diehard fans, otherwise I doubt they'd be in the same state as they now are.

Not surprised. They just fell too far behind with the DVDs, once the gap between shows taking place and actually releasing was up to over a year lots of people stopped following. But it isn't just the backlog, a lot of fans have moved on from DVD - if I buy a wrestling DVD nowadays it's usually a limited run or collector's edition, I have no interest in buying a shit-ton more DVDs in 2016.

They need to get on FloSlam, or Pivotshare, or something that doesn't involve a costly and lengthy production process. When there's so much wrestling out there, so much of it available with such a crazy quick turnaround, who's going to give a damn about a show that happened months ago and costs $15 before shipping? Not many beyond the real diehard fans, otherwise I doubt they'd be in the same state as they now are.

I'm honestly surprised SHINE, backed by WWE, FloSlam & WWNLive, haven't made a heavier play to raid SHIMMER's roster.

Striker

Oh yeah that's cause they debuted against The Rock then said your first feuds are gonna be with like X-Pac, Roadd Dogg and Ken Shamrock.

They had no idea what to do with him till hmm about mid 2000.
He called Undertaker's promo boring and sat back a bit. Then after being put over by Austin and Rock, jobs to the H's.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh yeah that's cause they debuted against The Rock then said your first feuds are gonna be with like X-Pac, Roadd Dogg and Ken Shamrock.

They had no idea what to do with him till hmm about mid 2000.

While not quite the level of The Rock people forget today that X-Pac, Road Dogg, and Ken Shamrock were pretty much the lower end of the main event card in 1999.

Jericho's big problem in the early days was that he kept botching stuff and not getting over. Big Show got over better than him early on and there was a real concern that he'd be fucked for life there. But he kept plugging away at his character and kinda lucked into something by replacing Jeff Jarrett in the Chyna feud.

Zach

I watched a few minutes of the game thing but I'm done. I'll check trailers or whatevz tomorrow at work.

To those who listen to tlf. I've gotta listen to the ote 99 episode again. I'm currently about to listen to ss 91 and this the episode directly after it. At the time that I listened to ote 99,I didn't understand the show but now that I so, I have to get it again. So damn sad but that show is probably their best. Maybe I'm biased because it waa the first one I got through the entire way but damn.

in both cases, there are nerds crying because popular music is being performed for a couple of minutes instead of their stupid fake hobby
Look, I'm not the authority on music so I'm not going to say the music was shit. My problem is that the music has no connection to the event at hand. You don't see this crap at the Oscars.

Having live performances of game music is fine, just like live performances of entrance music is fine at wrestling shows. Having a rap artist or whatever perform just because screams of "please accept us, outside world!" mentality.

While not quite the level of The Rock people forget today that X-Pac, Road Dogg, and Ken Shamrock were pretty much the lower end of the main event card in 1999.

Jericho's big problem in the early days was that he kept botching stuff and not getting over. Big Show got over better than him early on and there was a real concern that he'd be fucked for life there. But he kept plugging away at his character and kinda lucked into something by replacing Jeff Jarrett in the Chyna feud.

All three of them were considerably dropping down the card now that DX was done and Shamrock was out of the Corporation.

Neither of those three were gonna help Jericho get over in the early days.

Big Show was just a few months away from his first world title when Jericho arrived. OF course he was over then.

Sephzilla

Frame rate issues, that ugly green haze/fog over everything, I'm not a fan of the art style personally, crafting systems (ugh).

I'm honestly un-sold on Zelda

Sephzilla

Make a game with

> A disgusting microtransaction system
> No story
> Minimal content
= Win GOTY

Don't hate me, friend Data

But on a more serious note. I'm going to always laugh at The Game Awards trying to be a serious Oscar-equivalent awards show when they then shill sponsorship stuff on stage and shove important awards like Best RPG and Best Fighter onto the goddamn pre-show like it's Kalisto vs Ryback. Oh, and having "Best Action" and "Best Action/Adventure" seems like a redundancy.

But on a more serious note. I'm going to always laugh at The Game Awards trying to be a serious Oscar-equivalent awards show when they then shill sponsorship stuff on stage and shove important awards like Best RPG and Best Fighter onto the goddamn pre-show like it's Kalisto vs Ryback.

Were you not entertained by HYDROBOT? Especially when it debuted roughly 5 minutes before a developer's emotional speech about his game about his son dying of cancer?

But yeah, I agree.

Going to my first indie show on the 10th. ECCW in Vancouver front row seats @23 bucks, pretty fucking psyched Jericho and Lance Storm's buddy Dr Luther is booked on the show XD

As is the woman who wrestle Asuka on NXT this week.

Gonna be fun.

ReiGun

Someone please tell me that Ziggler is gonna lose on Sunday and he and Miz will finally be finished with each other.

They've said outright that no matter who wins, this is it for this feud.

In fact, TLC is being treated as the end for all these long ass feuds. Hoping no titles change hands so there's no rematch clause BS.

On the other hand, Mass Effect looks great.

Looking into the future I really need to cancel PS+, the free game selection is terrible and all of the games I'm buying. Spiderman, Horizon, RDR, ME..are single player.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They've said outright that no matter who wins, this is it for this feud.

In fact, TLC is being treated as the end for all these long ass feuds. Hoping no titles change hands so there's no rematch clause BS.

They said that about SZ and Kevin Owens, who hooked up in a fight a few days later.

Heroman

Banned

Looking into the future I really need to cancel PS+, the free game selection is terrible and all of the games I'm buying. Spiderman, Horizon, RDR, ME..are single player.
P+ is such a let down, I to would quit it if I didn't have to pay for Mp

@KennyOmegamanX
The deal is done. #BulletClub will announce a new member. A monster that devours all competition.Your nightmare will soon begin. #njpw

oh my fucking god please don't put Ryback in Bullet Club

Sephzilla

Yeah, Mass Effect looked great.

The only two things of concern I saw were the facial animations and I worry there's going to be too much No Man's Sky-esque resource gathering

Sephzilla

Zelda looked fine to me, but then, I'm a mark for Zelda.

I'd be marking for Zelda more if this game came out about 5 years ago. It's a game that has a ton of new shit that we've never seen in a Zelda game before - but it's a ton of shit that we've seen done to death in other games for a while now. The new Zelda game feels like its more of Nintendo playing catch up to everyone else.

I've seen some people very happy with the "gameplay over story" decision.

WhyNotBoth.jpg

This was something even Titanfall 2 was able to address.#Shoot - As someone who's played way too many first person shooters in my time, Overwatch's gameplay isn't anything that special either.

ReiGun

Miz losing and getting traded to Raw = the darkest timeline. There's absolutely nothing for him to do there.

Same with Ziggler, tbh. But losing Miz would be a bigger blow to SD's midcard at this point.

Top Bottom