• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Fox318

I am not a fan of the miz

I don't like his ring work and he may be the most unsafe worker in wrestling aside from maybe Sheamus in the company right now.

I think he has a face that is begging for somebody to hit him with a spike over and over again

I think he is a glorified manager at best.

Him on WWE docs comes across as the biggest fucking tool and fucking lies about his fandom and he seems like a company bitch who proudly uses their corporate speak that has done more to hurt the popularity of wrestling than anything else.

That being said I thought he was fantastic on Talking Smack.

Sephzilla

I have a strong feeling that everything about the Miz's instantly dislikable persona is intentional and for the cameras - a la someone like Skip Bayless. Away from the cameras he's probably a pretty decent dude.

On the flip size, I bet away from the cameras Dolph Ziggler is a gigantic fucking tool.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Miz has also been, you know, actually putting on good wrestling matches for 2 straight years, almost 3. It's just that the previous decade of his career he's been largely awful at it.

Still can't catch anyone.

ReiGun

The Miz has only ever come across as likeable on Total Divas. Which is saying something, because no one but Jimmy Uso and Naomi come across as likeable on that show.

I have a strong feeling that everything about the Miz's instantly dislikable persona is intentional and for the cameras - a la someone like Skip Bayless. Away from the cameras he's probably a pretty decent dude.

On the flip size, I bet away from the cameras Dolph Ziggler is a gigantic fucking tool.

probably right on both. always got that vibe from them if i were to see them not keeping to kayfabe.

They've said outright that no matter who wins, this is it for this feud.

In fact, TLC is being treated as the end for all these long ass feuds. Hoping no titles change hands so there's no rematch clause BS.
WWE's led me to believe every feud has to keep going so I wouldn't be shocked if they somehow manage to work it to another month.

@KennyOmegamanX
The deal is done. #BulletClub will announce a new member. A monster that devours all competition.Your nightmare will soon begin. #njpw

oh my fucking god please don't put Ryback in Bullet Club
Holy fuck it's gonna be Ryback.

Miz is one of the best in the WWE at keeping up Kayfabe. I can see him being a pretty nice guy behind the cameras. He has to be for WWE to involve him in so much stuff.

But yeah, I do get a feeling Ziggler is probably annoying or obnoxious behind the scenes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Miz might be the best WWE character this century of maintaining Kayfabe. Hell they've caught the deadman off guard a few times.

miserable

I hope Miz gets another WWE title run at some point.

oQJVpma.gif

Fox318

Does anyone here actually like Miz in the ring?

I'm with Bryan in that I find his matches just lack something.

Kurita

I don't think he's awful in the ring, and I don't get why people say that. His character doesn't really need to do more, and thanks to his "mocking Bryan" thing he gained a few cool moves.
I'd rather see him in the ring than fucking Enzo Amore.

He's fine, he's serviceable in the ring and his character work more than makes up for it.

Wrestlers like the Miz resonate with me far more than wrestlers like Seth Rollins or Cesaro.

ReiGun

The Miz likely isn't gonna give you a five star match, but he's more than good enough and he's definitely stepped up this year. While the feud has gotten old, he and Ziggler have had some good matches. His in-ring style also fits perfectly with his character, right down to his new imitation of Daniel Bryan..

He's certainly done better work this year than, say, Dean Ambrose.

Hasney

I don't think he's awful in the ring, and I don't get why people say that. His character doesn't really need to do more, and thanks to his "mocking Bryan" thing he gained a few cool moves.

I mean, would they even allow Miz fucking Enzo Amore on screen? I don't think it matters if they're in a ring or not at that point.

Fox318

I just watch his matches and it does nothing for me.

He's not a threat in such a way where babyfaces fear him not does he pull the chicken shit heel well enough where I feel fucking pissed if he is running away.

Plus he isn't a great seller. I don't feel like a baby face is truly geting their licks in when he's on the ground or whatever.
He's fine, he's serviceable in the ring and his character work more than makes up for it.

Wrestlers like the Miz resonate with me far more than wrestlers like Seth Rollins or Cesaro.
I would have to agree to disagree there.

For me it the confrontation or the fight has to matter and has to be key to a feud.

Miz can talk, he can get heat, he can emote and he can remember a script and sadly in current wrasslin that's an improvement.

But once he steps in the ring I just can't help but feel like a random dude on the street could kick his ass.

I think I would like him more if he was a little more real like on Talking Smack. Maybe that's a production problem rather than a talent issue but he's missing something tangible.

UberTag

The Miz likely isn't gonna give you a five star match, but he's more than good enough and he's definitely stepped up this year. While the feud has gotten old, he and Ziggler have had some good matches. His in-ring style also fits perfectly with his character, right down to his new imitation of Daniel Bryan..

He's certainly done better work this year than, say, Dean Ambrose.
That 4-way match for the IC title earlier this year was extremely entertaining and that was more due to the efforts of The Miz and Cesaro than Owens or Sami Zayn. And I'm a Canadian so I should be biased in the opposite direction.

Ambrose had a solid match with Triple H at Roadblock. Has he had a good match since? I'm not sure. And he's worked with Styles a ton so that's a pretty heavy indictment.

*points at WrassleGAFMania sign*

14 years.

2 matches.

1 night.

Can still go.
You're so eager to get obliterated. Oh well, be my guest, I need an example. You won't even get to witness my full potential, at least not in this life time. When I give you to beef, you'll be dead..... Meat!

Fox318

see this a million times, but I need context to this gif plz
When a wrestler wins the top belt traditionally people wait in the back to congratulate him

That was when Miz cashed the money in the bank because Vince thought his MTV career would draw and get the mainstream media attention he covets.

IIRC triple H either wanted the belt or wanted it on Sheamus.

Top Bottom