• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

also how do we have a top page Bob Sapp post and no-one has posted Sapp Time yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceCRgf5tf0g
VPZUdcc.gif

shaowebb

They're called JUSTIS but where is JUSTICE?

4joVhY9.gif

Yuji Nagata is pretty cool. The guy has been around for ages and is legit one tough SOB. Just look at this guy.

NiQmxCK.gif

pgV4l7E.gif

Kensuke vs Nagata may have been both but he is always insane.

I love seeing him out there.The tshirt he flips up over his head that has that face printed on it on the inside is pretty fun.

Jamie OD

This is the best guess for Emmalina's gimmick I've read.

Is Emmalina a catfish gimmick? Like, she's a hot girl on Instagram but she wont meet you irl, then when she debuts it's actualy Eric Young?

klonere

Banned
If NJPW is planning on touring the US solo, does ROH still exist 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why does the ROH title get defended at a NJPW show?

klonere

Banned
why does the ROH title get defended at a NJPW show?

It is a mystery. It's a total lame duck title in a promotion with too many titles already. Both men to have recently held the title, Lethal and Cole have very little track record in Japan and the title itself seems to hold very little credibility with the fans. It appears randomly and without much reason, with nebulous storyline reasons. The Lethal run towards the end was replete with bullshit finishes and interference that came off badly even in a promotion where you have both LIJ and BC fucking around.

At least with KOR as champ now, ROH have someone who is known and has gotten over already in NJPW. The thing is, he is only recently a heavyweight, Cole defended the belt against Ospreay (a Junior) and they've done nothing on any NJPW shows to promote the match (yet) so it's coming in totally cold for a Japanese audience that definitely won't know much about the multi-year story of Cole/KOR. The Tokyo Dome crowd is the most casual of all NJPW crowds so expect it to be dead, dead dead during that match.

Fox318

It is a mystery. It's a total lame duck title in a promotion with too many titles already. Both men to have recently held the title, Lethal and Cole have very little track record in Japan and the title itself seems to hold very little credibility with the fans. It appears randomly and without much reason, with nebulous storyline reasons. The Lethal run towards the end was replete with bullshit finishes and interference that came off badly even in a promotion where you have both LIJ and BC fucking around.

At least with KOR as champ now, ROH have someone who is known and has gotten over already in NJPW. The thing is, he is only recently a heavyweight, Cole defended the belt against Ospreay (a Junior) and they've done nothing on any NJPW shows to promote the match (yet) so it's coming in totally cold for a Japanese audience that definitely won't know much about the multi-year story of Cole/KOR. The Tokyo Dome crowd is the most casual of all NJPW crowds so expect it to be dead, dead dead during that match.
Lethal had a track record in Japan.

Fans don't like him and not in the good way.

At this rate it might as well just be some big swerve.

Edit: Not only has RuRu gotta job to Big Cass, they can't even make the main card. :( Feud got a lot of focus for something being set on the pre-show.

Guess it's their attempt to sell the pre-show. It's not a bad idea, pre-show matches having some meaning is better than here's a random tag match or on the Smackdown side here's Luke Harper jobbing to Kane again.

I think people are underestimating the ROH match a bit, Kyle's actually pretty over in New Japan and has great matches with Cole - plus, with time a priority on such a heavy card I doubt it'll be a slow and plodding affair, could easily see them surprising a lot of people.

Cody vs Juice is the one I'd be most worried about getting a shit reaction, especially coming after that crazy 4-team trios tag match.

UberTag

Congrats New Day, now drop those titles and never sue the WWE so we don't have to sit through a year + of this
Good, we're finally done with New Day's never ending boring reign. Good for them though but I got tired of it like 6 months ago.
If we're lucky, this will be the LAST and FINAL time the WWE books an entire angle around the longevity of a title reign record.

Of course, because they don't know how to tell stories that don't revolve around manufactured statistical achievement, they'll simply switch over to drawing attention to breaking multiple title reign records... but, at least with those, the outcome of most matches isn't immediately obvious.

I wonder if they'll just do New Day v Wyatts 3v3 at RR.
That was my prediction a few weeks ago. It's the one inter-brand matchup that makes the most sense.

New Day should issue an open challenge at roadblock and revival should come out an squash them.

I think people are underestimating the ROH match a bit, Kyle's actually pretty over in New Japan and has great matches with Cole - plus, with time a priority on such a heavy card I doubt it'll be a slow and plodding affair, could easily see them surprising a lot of people.

Cody vs Juice is the one I'd be most worried about getting a shit reaction, especially coming after that crazy 4-team trios tag match.

Well we saw at BOLA that cody just isn't that good a wrestler, so I don't think they'll get anyone into the match unless juice squashes(lol) him, which isn't happening.

klonere

Banned

I wasn't doubting the quality of the match; they could have a quick, violent brawl like they did at FB and it'd probably be great. I was just commenting on the probable crowd reaction.

I really, really like KOR and want him in a bigger position next year in NJPW, he really made the effort to get over in the promotion, nearly as much as Elgin did.

Now we have Cody fuckin R I guess.

klonere

Banned
Next RevPro show looking good so far.

Man that is a tasty tasty lineup. Loving the new art direction for the posters as well. Hope they bring it over into video production.

You think they'll bother starting any other storylines when ZSJ/Marty is done? My one gripe with RPW; great lineups, zero context beyond "oh that might be good!".

Foffy

Banned
Yuji Nagata is pretty cool. The guy has been around for ages and is legit one tough SOB. Just look at this guy.

NiQmxCK.gif

pgV4l7E.gif

I love seeing him out there.The tshirt he flips up over his head that has that face printed on it on the inside is pretty fun.

Is that Hiroshi Hase in the first gif?

Does he donate blood? Because he sure as shit loses a lot of it..

orioto

Good Art™
That raw main event was surprisingly good, like reallly good! Probably one of the best tag matches of the year.

The fact that we could believe somewhat the belt would drop helped of course.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
New Day should issue an open challenge at roadblock and revival should come out an squash them.

If Revival is going to Raw, them immediately beating The New Day is the only way I will be happy. New Day deserve a vacation, and the rest of the tag teams aren't viable threats. New Day has beaten them all too many times. The only team they haven't thoroughly destroyed is Enzo/Cass, and if they're going to get a shot it should be against heels.

Zach

Nice to see my people fully represented in this Board of Directors meeting segment on the RAW before WrestleMania X8. And I mean fully, as it is 100% white.

The good ol' days before the liberals ruined this country with their reverse racism. #MAGA

Recall

The CM Punk WWE documentary is still really cool.

I know Punk isn't liked here but for me he was ace. He was entertaining. Exceptionally entertaining.

Zach

Man, wrestling is terrible post-WCW. I am fast-forwarding through so much of this garbage. Which is pretty nice actually.

Side note: It's going to end up taking me about five weeks to get from WrestleMania 17 to 18. I feel like nothing of import has been missed and I regret nothing. :D

Fox318

Man, wrestling is terrible post-WCW. I am fast-forwarding through so much of this garbage. Which is pretty nice actually.

Side note: It's going to end up taking me about five weeks to get from WrestleMania 17 to 18. I feel like nothing of import has been missed and I regret nothing. :D
The number 1 reason why wrestling declined was trash creative and that still holds true today.

Recall

ROH and Pro Wrestling NOAH made 2002-2005 fun, as WWE did nothing for me. There was very little to care about or be invested in.

2003 is one of my all time favourite wrestling years and it has zero to do with anything the WWE produced. Zero.

Wrestling is pretty abysmal in thus ruthless aggression era huh? I'm watching One Night Stand 2007 and good lord the tag matches are just trash. Even RVD & Orton could barely put something together. Just going to strap in for a PPV of trash.

I really have zero interest in this match. I think it could bring down the crowd a bit

Luschient

Just finished up Raw....Ceasaro has a great looking sharpshooter. Should make that his finisher, nobody else is really using it atm.

Recall

Wrestling is pretty abysmal in thus ruthless aggression era huh? I'm watching One Night Stand 2007 and good lord the tag matches are just trash. Even RVD & Orton could barely put something together. Just going to strap in for a PPV of trash.

I really have zero interest in this match. I think it could bring down the crowd a bit

Backlash 2007 is one of the least talked about PPVs WWE has ever done but it was the years best by far.

Zach

I mean, if you're really into D-level talents playing out D-level soap opera stories, then fine. I'm sure this stuff is a delight. But for someone like me, someone who likes wrasslin' with a dash of sports-entertainment, as opposed to the inverse, this crap sucks. Also, it's super gross and terrible, especially when it comes to the women, back in 2002.

I'm just amazed people kept watching. But I guess a lot of people enjoy Vince McMahon's vision for wrestling and his version of entertainment.

It seems like going to the circus for hours and hours every week, though. Like, nah, maybe I'll just catch it once a year and be better off for it.

Pretty happy I saved on going to WrestleMania. I was originally planning on trying to go to BOLA, but if NJPW does end up running shows, especially G1 shows, in LA, I'm there with no hesitation.

Fun experiment: watch Bayley's entrance and win last night, then watch her entrance and win when she came out as Sasha's partner

Holy fucking lol, that's gotta be a record for crowd disinterest. From the most cheered anything all year to crickets in just a few months

Think I'm gonna let my Network subscription run out, WWE just does nothing for me anymore. Gonna put my money towards something else, might actually get around to watching Progress.

NiQmxCK.gif

pgV4l7E.gif

Jeez, what caused these disgusting injuries?

Top Bottom