• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
you are so cute thinking AJ will be champion during Wrestlemania season :)

oh wait youre the dude that predicts Sami to win the rumble...dude, what fantasy world do yu live in, and can I move there? it sounds nice :(

He probably will. He's the main character of SmackDown right now.

Well, in this card, I have Balor winning the Rumble to face whoever the Raw champion is out of EC.

I have no clue who could take the belt from AJ going into Mania season, I see him holding it and probably facing Dean or someone predictable.

AJ's been lobbying for a weird match for the Rumble like Shawn Michaels. The only people taking the title off AJ are Cena or the Undertaker.

I don't get why people keep insisting Vince won't cater to hardcore fans. The longest World title reigns of the year are Kevin Owens and AJ Styles, who are still the champions. He's already catering to hardcore fans.

Kaladin

AJ's been lobbying for a weird match for the Rumble like Shawn Michaels. The only people taking the title off AJ are Cena or the Undertaker.

I think HBK could be a thing that would happen, but we won't find out till after Roadblock when both brands start truly building to the Rumble.

Balor likely isn't going to be in the Rumble, and posters here are the only ones I've seen even implying he might be
Don't most betting sites have him as a huge early favorite, too? Not that that means anything, but it's almost like there's a history of people coming back early from injuries for the rumble.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Balor likely isn't going to be in the Rumble, and posters here are the only ones I've seen even implying he might be
Lots and lots of people have suggested it but Balor himself says he's targeting WrestleMania.

Luschient

My biggest worry is that Punk is going to get in the octagon with someone who borders on reckless, and Punk will get seriously hurt as a result. Because, lets be honest, Punk's last UFC fight showed us that he has zero potential as an MMA fighter.
Yeah, I feel like Gall could have fucked him up a lot more if he had wanted to. Gall is actually fighting this Sat night on Fox (free!) so I'll probably watch that.

Don't see the appeal for sami zayn. To me if you are not a super hardcore fan who watches indy stuff don't see anything special about him besides being a good worker and nobody really cares about good workers unless they are hardcore fans.

Don't most betting sites have him as a huge early favorite, too? Not that that means anything, but it's almost like there's a history of people coming back early from injuries for the rumble.

By that logic Itami should be a huge early favorite too, and should have been for this past Rumble too!

Also can't believe Bryan's gonna be an entrant now

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Don't see the appeal for sami zayn. To me if you are not a super hardcore fan who watches indy stuff don't see anything special about him besides being a good worker and nobody really cares about good workers unless they are hardcore fans.

you are posting on a neogad wrestling thread, doesnt that make you a hardcore fan?

Heroman

Banned
So no one cares about AJ or Daniel Bryan? He is a super likeable dude that happens to be one best wrestlers on the planet. Also the only fans that are left are the hardcore

klonere

Banned
Yeah, those all sound like a good time. Can make an expensive weekend I imagine *checks Dublin flights*

Hottest territory in the world brother. I can't believe we are getting Ospreay/Ricochet in fucking Dublin. Absolutely redonk.

Lots and lots of people have suggested it but Balor himself says he's targeting WrestleMania.

Balor may be coming back at WM but DA DEMON KING is returning to the Rumble.

DA DEMON KING
DA DEMON KING
DA DEMON KING
DA DEMON KING
DA DEMON KING

klonere

Banned

I know this is like a broken record at this stage but watch his feud with Neville in NXT and the aftermath. That kind of storytelling could get over with any crowd even if they had no idea who the hell El Generico was.

By that logic Itami should be a huge early favorite too, and should have been for this past Rumble too!

Also can't believe Bryan's gonna be an entrant now
Sure. Or you could believe a guy who's actually on the main roster, has a chance to get cleared by then, and is someone they want to push will be in.

Nah, Daniel Bryan is just as likely.

going to post this balor hydro gif cause people are saying balor and i like it

dZYZ9lx.gif

klonere

Banned
going to post this balor hydro gif cause people are saying balor and i like it

dZYZ9lx.gif

Reminder that this is an indie show in Scotland. Big arena shows can happen outside of the fed!

I wish ICW wasn't so massively shit

How much did you pop when they started playing Real Rocknrolla?

You know I love it how Hogan leaves awa over politics regarding Bockwinkel and the title yet, he goes to wwf does the same thing, goes to wcw and does the same thing.

Angry Grimace

6tvctaW.png
tWly4O5.png

WWE has been catering to hardcore fans for a while now.

So was the whole thing about Nia wanting to fight Sasha even when she didn't have a title quietly dropped or is she gonna run in finally to beat her down after she beats Charlotte finally to retain?

Sephzilla

Is AJ Styles being a world champ catering to hardcore fans, though? Dude was already a name in America and also became big in Japan too.

Reminder that this is an indie show in Scotland. Big arena shows can happen outside of the fed!

big show only happen when you copy the fed. everything iv seen of ICW makes it look like an attitude era knock off

so much, buy it wwe

Going to do my month of ICW On Demand over my Christmas holiday to watch the Hydro show and the Jimmy Havoc Deathmatch Tournament

big show only happen when you copy the fed. everything iv seen of ICW makes it look like an attitude era knock off

pretty much

Discuss your personal 2016 in Graps GAF

Christ 2016 was ridiculous for me. Mostly due to ICW, which I didn't even start attending regularly until the latter half of the year. I'm probably missing some Fight Club tapings from this list.

3rd Apr - ICW Barramania II - The Barrowlands Ballroom, Glasgow
14th June - NXT Live - The O2 Arena, Dublin
31st July - ICW Shugs Hoose Party 3 - The O2 ABC, Glasgow
28th Aug - ICW Fight Club - The Garage, Glasgow
11th Sept - ICW Fight Club - The Garage, Glasgow
9th Oct - ICW Fight Club - The Garage, Glasgow
23rd Oct - ICW Fight Club - The Garage, Glasgow
30th Oct - Scottish Wrestling Alliance - Lagoon Leisure Centre, Paisley
6th Nov - WWE Raw - The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
7th Nov - WWE Smackdown - The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
20th Nov - ICW Fear & Loathing IX - The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
27th Nov - ICW Fight Club - The Garage, Glasgow
11th Dec - ICW Fight Club - The Garage, Glasgow

Not bad on a student budget.

Aim for 2017 is probably to attend every Glasgow ICW show. I'm also considering making the trip to Newcastle for the Square Go too. And yeah, they're definitely heavily inspired (to put it kindly) by Attitude Era and ECW. But I think that it helps when that sort of style easily meshes with the Glasgow culture you know? UK's got so much talent available, and alternatives like Rev Pro and PROGRESS (That I need to give a try of actually), that such an option has its place, even if it's not everyones cup of tea.

Brother.

I need the strap dude. It speaks to me.
He's such a tool man.

I have a question, this is influenced by the fact that Randy bladed Flair at SC 95. Has anyone ever shoot bladed an opponent before? And when I say that, I mean they hated their opponent so they bladed them in an attempt to truly hurt them.

Aim for 2017 is probably to attend every Glasgow ICW show. I'm also considering making the trip to Newcastle for the Square Go too. And yeah, they're definitely heavily inspired (to put it kindly) by Attitude Era and ECW. But I think that it helps when that sort of style easily meshes with the Glasgow culture you know? UK's got so much talent available, and alternatives like Rev Pro and PROGRESS (That I need to give a try of actually), that such an option has its place, even if it's not everyones cup of tea.

Hell of a list over the last few months!

Yeah, I always put them on indie/BritWres watching lists, it's not entirely my cup of tea, but it clearly is for a lot of people, and I like dropping in a couple of times a year (and I love almost all the talent). There's a lot of people who don't get on with PROGRESS, who might enjoy ICW more. They can't be discounted when you talk BritWres.

He's such a tool man.

I have a question, this is influenced by the fact that Randy bladed Flair at SC 95. Has anyone ever shoot bladed an opponent before? And when I say that, I mean they hated their opponent so they bladed them in an attempt to truly hurt them.

Blue- Brock, He wanted to end Cena's and Orton's career.

So no one cares about AJ or Daniel Bryan? He is a super likeable dude that happens to be one best wrestlers on the planet. Also the only fans that are left are the hardcore

None of those guys are major stars. The fans left are the hardcore but this isn't the fanbase what made WWE big. The only good thing about sami zayn is that hes a good worker which no one cares about. No one cares about how good a worker someone is in a fake a fight. WWE was always about entertainment that appealed to non wrestling fans. Giving up trying to get a major audience they lost and focusing on a niche fanbase is stupid.

you are posting on a neogad wrestling thread, doesnt that make you a hardcore fan?

I am not a hardcore fan, I don't watch any of these indy shows or nxt. I only really tune in to see when the big stars are on so the only program im just checking out is the lesnar / goldberg stuff.

so much, buy it wwe

Going to do my month of ICW On Demand over my Christmas holiday to watch the Hydro show and the Jimmy Havoc Deathmatch Tournament

pretty much

Hell of a list over the last few months!

Yeah, I always put them on indie/BritWres watching lists, it's not entirely my cup of tea, but it clearly is for a lot of people, and I like dropping in a couple of times a year (and I love almost all the talent). There's a lot of people who don't get on with PROGRESS, who might enjoy ICW more. They can't be discounted when you talk BritWres.

Yeah, summer internship + not having a dissertation to do meant I had much more free time and cash in the latter half of the year.

I've found for me that ICW tends to be enough to fulfil me in terms of overall wrestling hunger. I don't bother with 90% of Raw & Smackdown, and don't really bother with NXT anymore either. Don't pay much attention to New Japan either (which I'm hoping to do better on in 2017).

What's probably the best schedule for me is doing PROGRESS on the weekends were ICW aren't showing. I think I could handle that without feeling burnt enough. I'm amazed that November alone didn't burn me out honestly (though Raw tried its best).

Top Bottom