• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Sephzilla

Shoot: the correct answer to "what it's worth" is "nothing." That shit where Shane tried to act superior for siring male heirs was dumb. This shit isn't Game of Thrones.

Carny world of wrestling politics + McMahon craziness and disconnect from reality = It's probably Game of fucking Thrones in that household.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
back to my nxt specials chronological watch (or re-watch starting soon I guess), which nobody cares for but ill still post about

Didn't bother watching Raw, but reading the results, first, I'm so glad New Day kept the titles, the story of them trying to beat the roster in one night to make history is 100 times better than the fucking Club having the belts.

It would also be nice if WWE just took the hint from the crowds and twitter users that they'd rather have him on Smackdown instead, but hey, he's doing better than Neville.

In twenty-five years we'll have an all-female Evolution group in HHH's daughter, Randy's daughter and Batista's daughter with a fifty-something year old Charlotte wooing and following after them. Then the daughter will go into a critically-acclaimed feud with Brie and Bryan's daughter.

All the while Nikki Bella cries in the background.

I started watching around 1996 I think. So I would have been about 9.

My friend's family owned the local VHS rental place and they had a bunch of Mania/SS/Summerslam/Starrcade and those WWF home video documentaries about guys like Foley. So I got to watch a lot of earlier stuff but didn't really have the context for the matches. Terry Funk vs Flair's I Quit match had a huge impact on me back then.

Australia has a lot of student exchange programs with Japan. We had a bunch of Japanese students we became friends with and they had some tapes too, not much but I remember having my mind blown watching Jushin Thunder Liger vs The Great Muta as a kid.

Lapsed in about 2002. Would watch rarely up until something like 2014. I am amazed I got sucked back in given The Authority angle thing was complete and utter shit.

It is great to be a wrestling fan now. So much great wrestling around there isn't enough time to see it all.

Zach

back to my nxt specials chronological watch (or re-watch starting soon I guess), which nobody cares for but ill still post about

I must've missed previous posts in this acclaimed series. Keep doing it, though. I like to read things that are different than our same ol' same ol'.

shaowebb

Started researching some of the Killer Instinct stuff I had misses about character unique stuff and some Instinct abilities. Some of these are just plain insane. That two headed dude sounds insane in Instinct mode...essentially sounded like if Dormammu got permanent access to all his power of moves for a time and that using some would cause more than one to pop off at the same time automatially. Cinder sounds great. Has his own enders and if he gets fired up gets what looks like free EX properties to moves. Instinct is permanent fired up EX stuffs.

Just fun sounding all over. Hope I can get into the concept of breakers linkers and enders comfortably.

So far the top dudes I'm curious about playing the most.
  • Cinder (ex tools and a permanent ex move looking state)
  • Omen ( I knew this dude. Looked broke as fuck on reveal lol. KI proves me wrong)
  • Aria (Marvel 3 man teams in one character plus assist calls and an all in form)
  • Tusk (special cancels yay!)
  • Aganos ( I liked the concept of chunking. His stone walls parallel some scrapped ideas we had at one point for a "Stone Monk" in what I'm doin'. I love their idea of cashing out walls that push folks closer to him by knocking folks through them. Max walls= deaaaaaaad and amazing to watch.)
  • General Raam...Kryl look fucking crazy and sound fun.

Might try the two head guy, but not certain if I can flip so quick between pure rushdown to pure zoning until instinct pops off.

Zach

In twenty-five years we'll have an all-female Evolution group in HHH's daughter, Randy's daughter and Batista's daughter with a fifty-something year old Charlotte wooing and following after them. Then the daughter will go into a critically-acclaimed feud with Brie and Bryan's daughter.

From what I gather, WrassleGAF's boyfriend Batista is too smart to involve his daughter in this business.

Started researching some of the Killer Instinct stuff I had misses about character unique stuff and some Instinct abilities. Some of these are just plain insane. That two headed dude sounds insane in Instinct mode...essentially sounded like if Dormammu got permanent access to all his power of moves for a time and that using some would cause more than one to pop off at the same time automatially. Cinder sounds great. Has his own enders and if he gets fired up gets what looks like free EX properties to moves. Instinct is permanent fired up EX stuffs.

Just fun sounding all over. Hope I can get into the concept of breakers linkers and enders comfortably.

So far the top dudes I'm curious about playing the most.
  • Cinder (ex tools and a permanent ex move looking state)
  • Omen ( I knew this dude. Looked broke as fuck on reveal lol. KI proves me wrong)
  • Aria (Marvel 3 man teams in one character plus assist calls and an all in form)
  • Tusk (special cancels yay!)
  • Aganos ( I liked the concept of chunking. His stone walls parallel some scrapped ideas we had at one point for a "Stone Monk" in what I'm doin')
  • General Raam...Kryl look fucking crazy and sound fun.

Might try the two head guy, but not certain if I can flip so quick between pure rushdown to pure zoning until instinct pops off.

I know we can get off topic here now and then but this post is extensive enough to make me think it's in the wrong thread.

Anybody refusing to job to Br*ck or Bryan, no matter the show, no matter the reason, isn't a bad guy for it

HHH has done a fuckton of bad things. Forever fuck HHH. But if he said flatout "I won't lose to Bryan any day but Mania, and I won't lose to Br*ck unless I get to beat him at least once", it is the one good thing he has ever done in his life.

Zach

uFzGsIi.png

This makes me feel a little better. :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Welp Charlotte v Bayley sure didnt save this show. It was ok at best compared to what they can do, lots of botches, Bayley barely got any moves in and the ending was weird with Bayley kicking out of a moonsault, looking at Charlotte all angry and Charlotte just non-chalantly gives her Natural Selection for a anti climatic end.

I would say maybe the 4-way saves this show but theres no saving this show really :/

Welp Charlotte v Bayley sure didnt save this show. It was ok at best compared to what they can do, lots of botches, Bayley barely got any moves in and the ending was weird with Bayley kicking out of a moonsault, looking at Charlotte all angry and Charlotte just non-chalantly gives her Natural Selection for a anti climatic end.

I would say maybe the 4-way saves this show but theres no saving this show really :/

I thought that ending was fantastic. It showed that Bayley had all the heart in the world, but she just wasn't good enough yet. Pretty much the best way to tell that story.

Rhaknar

I thought that ending was fantastic. It showed that Bayley had all the heart in the world, but she just wasn't good enough yet. Pretty much the best way to tell that story.

I think that was the intention, but it didnt come across. Like, kick out of the moonsault, be angry and shit and then have Charlotte sneak in NS from behind or something. Dont just stare each other lying on the mat, the look at charlotte while she gets up, walks behind you for the finisher.

Also lol at Tyler Breeze laying on the ropes throughout ALL the entrances :D

Guzim

But what if HHH and Steph's daughters Google Batista's daughter?!

So the past few months of ratings have taught us this:

Things that maintain viewership
- Goldberg
- Sasha and Charlotte in a match

Things that don't
- Literally everything else

I think that was the intention, but it didnt come across. Like, kick out of the moonsault, be angry and shit and then have Charlotte sneak in NS from behind or something. Dont just stare each other lying on the mat, the look at charlotte while she gets up, walks behind you for the finisher.

Also lol at Tyler Breeze laying on the ropes throughout ALL the entrances :D

Nah, I love those "kickout of a big move and then get finished" sequences. They work. And that particular one helped tell Bayley's story really well. The kickout of the moonsault was a last ditch effort, but she really didn't have anything left (see: HBK against Taker at WM 26)

Heroman

Banned
MVP: Tetsuya Naito

Best Bout: Okada vs Marufuji - NJPW G1 Climax

Best Tag Team: Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi)

Fighting Spirit Award: Katsuhiko Nakajima

Distinguished Service Medal: Kento Miyahara

Technique award: Kenny Omega

Rookie award: Chihiro Hashimoto

Joshi Wrestling award: Io Shirai

Lifetime Achievement Award: Hayabusa

MVP: Tetsuya Naito

Best Bout: Okada vs Marufuji - NJPW G1 Climax

Best Tag Team: Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi)

Fighting Spirit Award: Katsuhiko Nakajima

Distinguished Service Medal: Kento Miyahara

Technique award: Kenny Omega

Rookie award: Chihiro Hashimoto (poor Nomura..)

Joshi Wrestling award: Io Shirai

Lifetime Achievement Award: Hayabusa

Agree with them all except for Best Bout. Which is amazing because that was a fantastic match as well.

Rhaknar

4-way was great, kinda clusterfuckery but what 4-way isnt. Lots of good spots and cool little stories during it like Breeze constantly trying to sneak in a pin after someone else's big move, Kidd constantly throwing Neville out of the ring and Sami bouncing all over the ring as usual to make everyone look like a million bucks. Great ending aswell with Neville having the match won and Neville pulling the ref out which is very heelish for a face, and would lead to Neville v Sami I guess.

Show overall was still terrible tho. R-Evolution up next which is when I remember starting watching nxt because I remember all you marks marking out over Finn's first demon entrance even if you shit on it now :3

Top Bottom