• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

That's another good one Asuka aka the most believable beast in WWE women's wrestling is all of a billed height of 5 foot 3 aka 2 inches taller than Bliss.

As I said, I really don't care about height or weight or any of that type of thing. I spent an extended period traveling through South East Asia and Asuka would not look out of place or bigger than any average person throughout those countries. That is absolutely not a bad thing at all.

I really don't think Alexa Bliss should be compared to other women wrestlers in that sense at all. She may be smaller still, but I seriously don't think it matters.

Most male wrestlers must be billed 2-4 inches above their height anyway, at least, so far as I have seen.

Anth0ny

mania 18's crowd was so awesome

when a crowd is behind hogan like that, it makes anything he does seem so fucking awesome

rock also played an AMAZING heel in that match. fuck. seeing both men just play off the crowd during that match was masterful.

Sephzilla

mania 18's crowd was so awesome

when a crowd is behind hogan like that, it makes anything he does seem so fucking awesome

rock also played an AMAZING heel in that match. fuck. seeing both men just play off the crowd during that match was masterful.

I think that's what made Hogan's early 2000's run in WWE so surprisingly great. Crowds didn't care that he was old, they backed him anyway.

As I said, I really don't care about height or weight or any of that type of thing. I spent an extended period traveling through South East Asia and Asuka would not look out of place or bigger than any average person throughout those countries. That is absolutely not a bad thing at all.

I really don't think Alexa Bliss should be compared to other women wrestlers in that sense at all. She may be smaller still, but I seriously don't think it matters.

Most male wrestlers must be billed 2-4 inches above their height anyway, at least, so far as I have seen.

Oh I was just using you mentioning Asuka to expand my point.

miserable

speaking of Corbin...

15337241_353696714997741_7126890949401116672_n.jpg

he has tattoos, and he went to that concert once. that means he's SO METAL

Zach

I don't watch weekly so tell me, will Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Asuka, and World Champion Goldberg get their WrassleMania Moments at Manio '17?

This is something I have never understood.

On youtube or wherever else, why is every wrestling 'highlight video' played with some ghastly, Rollins-tier nu-metal type song in the background?

I seriously don't know if I have seen one that doesn't have a god awful song attached to it.

Kaladin

That explains everything.

PWinsider said:
We've gotten a few emails asking about this. 205 Live is being overseen by Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn directly, not Triple H. McMahon has been extremely hands on with the Cruiserweights in getting them to execute his vision. What we have seen the last three weeks is very much a Vince McMahon product, as opposed to WWE NXT, which Triple H has the last word on.

Kaladin

It's kinda stupid to have CW on both Raw and 205 Not Live. It sends the message that 205 Not Live is the CW Superstars. The only difference between it and the main roster Superstars is that 205 Live features the entire CW roster whereas Superstars features jobbers.

Because height isn't everything....

And Alex Bliss is in the women's division, women are shorter....

And look you just said you are ok with 6 foot 1 vs 6 foot 7? But not 5 foot 1 vs 5 foot 6...

You realise that HBk at 6 foot 1 and Bret at 6 feet were considered small wen they first became champs eh? Listen to some folks like Jericho and Lance talk about coming into the business, they looked to Bret and Shawn for inspiration that smaller guys can make it.

La Parka was 6 foot 1 did you have a problem with him wrestling Cruisers like Rey?

And are you serious about Nia? Do you just watch wrestling for tall people/big people? Nia can't bump, isn't a great worker and can't talk for shit but you'd prefer her over Bliss who is in a class of her own on Smackdown in terms of heel work and is easily top 2 in mic work in the entire women's division because of some weird height fetish?

I mean the most over guy the WWE has had in years was Daniel Bryan who again was all of 5 foot 10 and that's billed height so he's possibly shorter.

Shawn isn't short. la Parka isn't short either. They were great because both were agile for their size. I wasn't really a Bryan fan. Even in his NWA Hollywood days. I guess I'll to give Bliss more time to prove me wrong. times have changed.

It's fucking pathetic that Kofi had to explain himself due to that picture of ND, Rich, and Sasha. Some people need to get over themselves claiming to be offended. Racist assholes.

Here's what Kofi said:

While much of the feedback has been positive, there has also been a lot of negative response with regard to the picture we posted illustrating Rich, Sasha, Xavier, E, and myself wielding our championship titles. Perhaps this is because many are in question of the motivation behind the post:

It does not come from a place of malice, spite, or gloating. It comes from a place of joy and a place of happiness. We have a very strong sense of pride in being the Black People simultaneously holding championships in WWE. Historically in our nation, there was period in time where this would not have happened, followed by a long period of time where it became possible, but had not actually materialized. Now, we are in the time in which the possibility has become a reality.

Why does this matter?

It matters because even though it is hard for some to fathom, the fact is that there are many people who feel as though it is impossible to attain certain goals because of the color of their skin. This is why we must acknowledge the color of ours in this instance. It is important for people of all races, but particularly people of color, and especially the youth, to see that it is entirely possible to achieve your dreams and aspirations regardless of your race. We are a shining example who want to be a source of motivation for others to believe in themselves and do the same.

Excellence is not the same as supremacy. #BlackExcellence is not meant to be divisive. For even if you do not fall into the specific category, you can still take enjoyment in our pride, because in the biggest picture, in a society that often focuses on the negative aspects of race relations, what has transpired with the 5 of us speaks positively to the progress we've made as a nation.

Shawn isn't short. la Parka isn't short either. They were great because both were agile for their size. I wasn't really a Bryan fan. Even in his NWA Hollywood days. I guess I'll to give Bliss more time to prove me wrong. times have changed.

Umm yes my point actually was that La Parka was way taller than Rey and pretty much all the cruisers but they were still both in the Cruiser division.

Shawn was 100% short for the main event types at the time. Shit he basically wrestled a cruiserweight high flying style for most of his early career. So was Bret Hart. They were considered small guys. So was Jericho, hell he had to ask Ricky Steamboat how tall he was before he could believe that he could break into the business because he thought he was too short at 5 foot 11.... Shawn Micheals was not a big man in the WWF when he fought Razor Ramon.

Comparing Bliss to Rey Jr is silly, and I feel like you're creating arbitrary exceptions, like I said there was more height difference between Shawn and Razor than Bliss and Becky.

I'm still kinda baffled that height seems to (selectively) be such a key factor in your opinion on who should be champ.

Oh my

http://www.floslam.tv/article/49425-ott-wrestling-joins-floslam-lineup

OTT Wrestling Joins FloSlam Lineup!

Our international (some might say galactical) search for the best wrestling we can find continues every day. But today, we're coming up for a breather to tell you about our latest international streaming partner: Over the Top Wrestling (OTT Wrestling)!

OTT Wrestling, based out of Ireland, puts together some filthy sweet cards for wrestling fans to enjoy, and we're giving you two of them this month: The Dream before Christmas and Belfast Invasion

OTT: The Dream Before Christmas is headlined by a legendary pairing: Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay. You've likely seen these two face off many times, but no matter how many times you see them wrestle, they always manage to surprise and thrill.

Belafast Invasion is headlined by a villain: Marty Scurll, one of the hottest rising indie wrestlers in the world, will take on Ricochet...provided Ricochet emerges from his match with Ospreay unharmed, of course.

OTT: The Dream Before Christmas will premiere as a FloSlam World Premiere on December 28, and Christmas Invasion Belfast will stream the following night. Both will stream at 8:30pm ET. After the initial airing, they will be available for unlimited rewatching via our ever-growing library.

We'd like to welcome OTT to the family. We're sure these events will be a mighty fine craic.

I did always want an OTT On Demand.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sami v Neville was fantastic and R-Evolution was by far the best Takeover so far.

Was someone really saying Sami isnt anything special? :/

Oh my

http://www.floslam.tv/article/49425-ott-wrestling-joins-floslam-lineup

OTT Wrestling Joins FloSlam Lineup!

Our international (some might say galactical) search for the best wrestling we can find continues every day. But today, we're coming up for a breather to tell you about our latest international streaming partner: Over the Top Wrestling (OTT Wrestling)!

OTT Wrestling, based out of Ireland, puts together some filthy sweet cards for wrestling fans to enjoy, and we're giving you two of them this month: The Dream before Christmas and Belfast Invasion

OTT: The Dream Before Christmas is headlined by a legendary pairing: Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay. You've likely seen these two face off many times, but no matter how many times you see them wrestle, they always manage to surprise and thrill.

Belafast Invasion is headlined by a villain: Marty Scurll, one of the hottest rising indie wrestlers in the world, will take on Ricochet...provided Ricochet emerges from his match with Ospreay unharmed, of course.

OTT: The Dream Before Christmas will premiere as a FloSlam World Premiere on December 28, and Christmas Invasion Belfast will stream the following night. Both will stream at 8:30pm ET. After the initial airing, they will be available for unlimited rewatching via our ever-growing library.

We'd like to welcome OTT to the family. We're sure these events will be a mighty fine craic.

I did always want an OTT On Demand.

Is FloSlam on-demand like the Network, or live streaming-only?

Top Bottom