• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Forkball

Lost IC title match to Owens
Lost match against HHH
Lost IC title match at Wrestlemania
Lost feud with Corbin
Lost WWE Championship match against Ambrose
Lost feud with The Miz
World title shot

Lost IC title match to Owens
Lost match against HHH
Lost IC title match at Wrestlemania
Lost feud with Corbin
Lost WWE Championship match against Ambrose
Lost feud with The Miz
World title shot
Ziggler is an inspiration. No matter how much of a loser you are, you'll always have a shot.

Recall

Guys it's only for 2 weeks I'm sure it goes no further then that. All I know is AJ Vs Ziggler could be a 5 star match

I really don't think the crowd care about Ziggler. AJ can get a 4 star match out him for sure but will it mean anything long term?

There are no stories just moments that weren't built up but just presented. It's sad.

rrc1594

I really don't think the crowd care about Ziggler. AJ can get a 4 star match out him for sure but will it mean anything long term?

There are no stories just moments that weren't built up but just presented. It's sad.

I'm sure this is going to happen a lot because SD has no PPV to build to right now. I think they are just doing this for now. Then going full steam into RR afterwards.

Otunga is so bad at commentary. Like I know he's a face commentator but the way he handles Alexa Bliss is just bad, he gives her zero credibility it's annoying.

AJ making fun of Otunga throughout the main event was class.

Bliss was MVP on Smackdown this week. She's just awesome.From dressing down the ring announcer to "Jane Elsworth", great stuff. She's basically the best (or close second behind Charlotte) talker in the entire women's division. The leg injury fake was great, especially after she returned to selling it after the post match brawl. Becky Lynch looked like a total moron just standing there while the ref counted 10. She didn't even try to go out there and break the count lol. I do like that the face keeps trying to get a title match without the chaml getting warning, and jumping the champ when she's unaware. Hypocritical faces are my fav. Lynch has been the "heel" during most of this feud if you just went by her actions and it's kinda fun because I love Bliss so much anyway.

Why weren't the Usos in the battle royal btw? Edit : Ahhh injured, weird not to even memtion them on the air. Speaking of which, it was a pretty good way to make all the tag teams in it (except the Vaudvillains they're clearly going nowhere) look good. Not really lookin forward to the Rhuno/Slater pre-show feud but whatever it was bound to happen.

I could not careless for this who jumped Nikki shit. If it's Natalya it's just dragging the obvious out for weeks for no reason. If it's Carmella Nikki already got revenge at Survivor Series. Nikki needs to turn on Natalya and then someone else jumps her and reveals themselves as the attacker while Natalya walks out on Nikki because fuck her for not trusting her.

Carmella gets zero reaction still which is too bad because she's pretty solid all things considered

Ambrose looked like a moron in the Fatal Four Way btw. Broke up the torture rack that Harper had on Ziggler for no reason and then jumped Ziggler after he just had hit Harper with the zigzag which could have eliminated him.

The crowd seemed to completely die when Harper got eliminated. I'm actually pretty sure they booed it too.

Match was alright thanks to Luke Harper and only Luke Harper. The show opening clusterfuck that set it up wasn't great though.

WWE brandspeak of the day? Bearded Brawler from the Backwoods... jesus fucking christ.

Talking Smack putting over Harper, even AJ. Good stuff

Usos were fucking great on Talking Smack. As was AJ.

Lol Bliss selling the fake knee injury on Talking Smack was money.

So Bliss is the mysterio of this era. Smh she's champ

?

What because she's short? It's the women's division ffs.

She's only 5 inches shorter than Lynch...

Mysterio was 9 inches shorter than say Orton. That's almost twice the height difference.

Did HBK vs Razor bother you?

Cause Michaels is 6 inches shorter than him...

What about Daniel Bryan vs HHH. Also six inch difference.

DB and Orton? 7 inches.

Like it's relative. She's only 4 inches shorter than Sasha Banks for example.

5 inches shorter than Bayley.

She's short but she's not Rey Jr in the heavyweight division short.

So uh is it me or did Austin Aries make kind of a homophobic comment during Gulak vs Galagher with his circus comment about balls and poles.

Seemed really unnecessary

So uh is it me or did Austin Aries make kind of a homophobic comment during Gulak vs Galagher with his circus comment about balls and poles.

Seemed really unnecessary

noted shithead aries said/did something shitty

austin-aries-crotch-christy-hemme.gif

colour me shocked

Lol go fucking figure they finally give an actual high flying cruiserweight match in Lincr Dorado vs Mustafa Ali and it ends in a double countout...

Crowd boo'd that shit finish lol.

Btw TJP would be such a better heel.

noted shithead aries said/did something shitty

austin-aries-crotch-christy-hemme.gif

colour me shocked

Yeah was just reading about that. Gross

:/

Edit: Holy shit. TJP had ring psychology tonight.

A worked body part actually factored into the finish. A Cruiserweight Division first!

The kneebar actually had set up.

Ahhh the simple things.

Good 205 Live episode

klonere

Banned
Suzuki/Nakajima was really really good. Very old school, simple and different to other main event style matches. It didn't really feel that long, but I did skip through some of the extended selling and Suzuki calling for the Time Bomb.

Nakajima's flashy kick based offense works better in more stretched out matches where each flurry feels impactful, rather than in 15-19~ min bouts where they just feel kinda throwaway nearfalls sometimes.

Pretty fun week of WWE so far...

NXT should be good one too with the qualifying matches for the fatal four way #1 Contender's Elimination match and Joe vs Nak in a cage...

I realize I approach wrestling, specifically WWE, like i do horror movies, I don't expect them to be good that often I just expect them to be stupid enough to amuse me.

That's my approach especially with Roman Reigns, it's stupid, he's such an out of style/out of date old school corny babyface in the body of what should be a no nosense serious badass face/tweener/heel it is hilarious, the crowd shits on it which is also hilarious but the matches he puts on, especially lately, aren't half bad so fuck it who cares.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so heres a question. Is nxt worth watching outside of the specials? Ive been doing my specials marathon ignoring all the normal episodes, but all the wyatt family, shield and other guys in nxt was all pre-specials right?

Zach

I've made it to WrassleMania X8. Looking forward to the crowd reaction for Hogan/Rock as I don't think I've ever seen it.

so heres a question. Is nxt worth watching outside of the specials? Ive been doing my specials marathon ignoring all the normal episodes, but all the wyatt family, shield and other guys in nxt was all pre-specials right?

By specials do you mean Takeovers? I am pretty sure they were all pre-Takeover.

I enjoy NXT as a whole but I watch the weekly show infrequently to be honest.

There was a definite period where it was must watch weekly. I can't honestly say that's the case anymore. And yeah, the shield and wyatts were out before Takeovers

Jamie OD

I remember getting into NXT when Sami Zayn debuted and there was a period leading up to the first Takeover where it felt like can't miss TV. However I don't think those episodes are on the Network, you might have to find them on Hulu.

Heroman

Banned
There was a time but now no it's boring show.

?

What because she's short? It's the women's division ffs.

She's only 5 inches shorter than Lynch...

Mysterio was 9 inches shorter than say Orton. That's almost twice the height difference.

Did HBK vs Razor bother you?

Cause Michaels is 6 inches shorter than him...

What about Daniel Bryan vs HHH. Also six inch difference.

DB and Orton? 7 inches.

Like it's relative. She's only 4 inches shorter than Sasha Banks for example.

5 inches shorter than Bayley.

She's short but she's not Rey Jr in the heavyweight division short.

This is where I don't get Vince at all. He loves the tall/strong people but yet his champions are really not that tall. But then SD women's division is pretty wack. Nia needs to invade and shoot for a title shot. HBK is 6'1, which is respectable height for a champ.

Sephzilla

I mean this in the most flattering positive way possible - WM18's crowd for that match was an entire stadium full of people going "fuck it - we're 10 year old Hulkamaniacs again for one night".

This is where I don't get Vince at all. He loves the tall/strong people but yet his champions are really not that tall. But then SD women's division is pretty wack. Nia needs to invade and shoot for a title shot. HBK is 6'1, which is respectable height for a champ.

Because height isn't everything....

And Alex Bliss is in the women's division, women are shorter....

And look you just said you are ok with 6 foot 1 vs 6 foot 7? But not 5 foot 1 vs 5 foot 6...

You realise that HBk at 6 foot 1 and Bret at 6 feet were considered small wen they first became champs eh? Listen to some folks like Jericho and Lance talk about coming into the business, they looked to Bret and Shawn for inspiration that smaller guys can make it.

La Parka was 6 foot 1 did you have a problem with him wrestling Cruisers like Rey?

And are you serious about Nia? Do you just watch wrestling for tall people/big people? Nia can't bump, isn't a great worker and can't talk for shit but you'd prefer her over Bliss who is in a class of her own on Smackdown in terms of heel work and is easily top 2 in mic work in the entire women's division because of some weird height fetish?

I mean the most over guy the WWE has had in years was Daniel Bryan who again was all of 5 foot 10 and that's billed height so he's possibly shorter.

I really doubt HBK is shoot 6'1.

I'm around 6'1-2 and every wrestling show I have been to has been a bit of a shock as to how small everyone is compared to when you watch on TV.

Seeing Asuka live was a real eye opener. I mean absolutely no disrespect and don't give the slightest of fucks about someone's height, but they certainly use circus camera tricks to make people seem bigger than they are.

I really doubt HBK is shoot 6'1.

I'm around 6'1-2 and every wrestling show I have been to has been a bit of a shock as to how small everyone is compared to when you watch on TV.

Seeing Asuka live was a real eye opener. I mean absolutely no disrespect and don't give the slightest of fucks about someone's height, but they certainly use circus camera tricks to make people seem bigger than they are.

That's another good one Asuka aka the most believable beast in WWE women's wrestling is all of a billed height of 5 foot 3 aka 2 inches taller than Bliss.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
those Luke Harper are depressing me pls stop ;_;

Meant isn't much that better.

Disagree, Bliss might still be a bit green but Nia wouldn't have had even 1/16 as good a match with Lynch in Scotland as Bliss had.

What Bliss lacks in the ring (and she's getting better constantly) she makes up for in character and promo skills.

She's one of two people on Smackdown that can actually draw heel heat.

Sephzilla

Off topic but two things i just wanted to say;

1) Gave up on the NES Classic and went the Raspberry Pi route instead. Seems like it will be a more viable long term thing.

2) Tha youtube documentary on Doom 2016 is fucking great

Foggy

Yeah Bliss is a fine character but her work is pretty bland and uninspired. Her work relative to WWE standards is a solid B so there's that.

Top Bottom