• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Hasney

Just this month I've played Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian and now the last in the holy trinity of games we've been waiting around a decade for, Pro Wrestling X. I think this has actually been early access on Steam for a while and is still unfinished, but it's the first time I'm playing it.

Performance is horrible on an i7 6700k with a 980ti. 30fps in a fatal four way cage match at 640x480 windowed. I'm assuming it renders in software right now.

There's actually an alright base game hidden under here. It's a little No Mercy, but right now it's way too slow, I haven't seen any mid move grapple reversals, everyone has the same face and has similar move sets and weird stuff happens like some Sting wannabe falling off the cage in a ragdoll fashion and bouncing up like Kurt Angle in the reveresed moonsault gif.

Maybe on day it'll be alright, but right now I can only score it 2 WWE 2k16's. which means it's twice as good as that game.

OTT on Flo, nice

Peoplw got upset about that photo?

The fuck is wrong with this world.

Wild guess that half the negative responses were from people with the word "deplorable" somewhere in their profile while begging you to believe they really aren't racist

It's gonna be a rough decade ahead of us, friends

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont even remember Takeover Rival, maybe I missed it.

Hideo vs Tylar Breeze is a random opener. But lol at the selfie stick.

Why isn't there a flippy floppy guy in the cruiserweight division? Its full of partial technical wrestlers and guys who can barely do a 450. AJ Styles is out flippy flopping these guys. Why is Kalisto not in the division. STUPID.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why isn't there a flippy floppy guy in the cruiserweight division? Its full of partial technical wrestlers and guys who can barely do a 450. AJ Styles is out flippy flopping these guys. Why is Kalisto not in the division. STUPID.

Metalik?

Lince Dorado debuted on 205 this week and had a pretty flippy match with Mustafa Ali...

there are tons of flippy guys in the division

they just dont do any flips cause of reasons

Fox318

kGkIpYS.png

SHOOTMAS Day 14

vrOUunQ.jpg

Progress/WWE's Jack Gallagher vs Cesar Valencia

Jack Gallagher is a fantastic example as to why learning shoot can help with your work. His ability to make matches look real even with silly moves. He claims to have trained with snake pit catch wrestlers but I don't know what that means. For all I know he could have just went to a seminar but his skills are definitely there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPPao4owo38

Past Days

Umm yes my point actually was that La Parka was way taller than Rey and pretty much all the cruisers but they were still both in the Cruiser division.

Shawn was 100% short for the main event types at the time. Shit he basically wrestled a cruiserweight high flying style for most of his early career. So was Bret Hart. They were considered small guys. So was Jericho, hell he had to ask Ricky Steamboat how tall he was before he could believe that he could break into the business because he thought he was too short at 5 foot 11.... Shawn Micheals was not a big man in the WWF when he fought Razor Ramon.

Comparing Bliss to Rey Jr is silly, and I feel like you're creating arbitrary exceptions, like I said there was more height difference between Shawn and Razor than Bliss and Becky.

I'm still kinda baffled that height seems to (selectively) be such a key factor in your opinion on who should be champ.

Maybe I am bias on size. We all have our different opinions. Like I said before, being an old school wwf viewer almost every "Heavyweight" Champ was at a presentable size.

Maybe I am bias on size. We all have our different opinions. Like I said before, being an old school wwf viewer almost every "Heavyweight" Champ was at a presentable size.

And that's fine but applying that to the 2016 women's division?

And what does presentable size even mean?

Around at least 6 ft for men(AJ gets a pass due to age), around 5'5 for women. Like I said before, I need to watch more of Bliss to be sold on her.

This is so arbitrary it teeters on absurdity no offense...

By this logic La Parka is literally more believable for you as World Champ than Chris Jericho.

Asuka doesn't qualify ... nor Mae Young, or Molly Holly, or Trish Stratus, or Jacqueline, Ivory, Jazz,Mickie James or Gail Kim... all are 5 foot 4 or less.

So fucking stupid...

TV belt had incredible lineage

Not even twenty minutes into the Raw after the 2006 New Years Revolution and we have Lita saying she gave Vince some oral persuasion to get the rematch pushed to the rumble and so the whole LSC can happen and that Cena says people might think he sucks but not as many who think Lita does.

Also Cena has huge heat from most of the crowd. HHH must be drooling at the fact he gets to feud with him for 'Mania and unintentionally get cheered.

Isn't it weird that Smackdown is kinda treading water till Raw has their PPV?
I think it's because the rumble is more then a month away and they don't want to have to build all the feuds over that length of time in fear they get stale.

This is so arbitrary it teeters on absurdity no offense...

By this logic La Parka is literally more believable for you as World Champ than Chris Jericho.

Asuka doesn't qualify ... nor Mae Young, or Molly Holly, or Trish Stratus, or Jacqueline, Ivory, Jazz,Mickie James or Gail Kim... all are 5 foot 4 or less.

So fucking stupid...

TV belt had incredible lineage
I see someone did their research on the women. They were good. But the best women's wrestler was/is Sherri Martel.

Speaking of Mickie James, I hope she gets called by SD.

And for La Parka, answer is yes he's better than Jericho.

@therealfredo
Mascara 2000 thought that he was only going to wrestle 1-2 times with CMLL but someone in CMLL's office was impressed & brought him back.

Also

@luchablog
they're sending Yoshi Tatsu to CMLL.

Top Bottom