• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Heroman

Banned
holy shit the Nakajima/Suzuki match was 37!!! minutes long.

Although I think I'm one of the few that doesn't mind the super long NOAH main events (nobody else really does them), I recognize the complaints about them.
I love me a super long main event.

lol there's twitter grumbling that WCPW have also been offering "restrictive" contracts. Couldn't find much info on that.

In other news, more info on World of Sport airing that has WWE shook
http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week1/world-sport-wrestling

wiodulq.png

tQ6dLXj.png

The information contained herein is embargoed from press use, commercial and non-commercial reproduction and sharing into the public domain until Friday 23 December 2016

World of Sport Wrestling makes a historic and triumphant return to ITV for a one-off special, with an exciting mix of fast paced action and family fun for all.

30 years after the original ended, ITV brings together the UK’s top wrestling talent in a spectacular display of their sport; a showcase for the next generation of WOS Wrestling.

This two hour special will see some of the finest pro wrestlers in the UK such as ‘Grado’, ‘Mastiff and ‘Viper’ compete in front of a live studio audience across seven rounds of fast-paced and intense bouts. At the end of the show only one fighter will take home the WOS Wrestling Championship belt.

From singles to knockout rounds, tag team bouts and ladder matches where fighters must be the first to the top of a ladder and physically grab a contract to win, through to a seven-man elimination fight, each and every fighter is in it to win it.

Hosting the highly anticipated television event and commentating as the action unfolds is world-renowned wrestling commentator Jim Ross, alongside professional British wrestler and commentator Alex Shane.

Between rounds, the action moves backstage to hear from the wrestlers and get their reactions to the unfolding drama in the ring, be it triumph or anguish. They’ll also hear from WOS Wrestling’s general manager Mr Beesley.

Reminding viewers of the history of WOS Wrestling, the one-off will also take a look back at the original World of Sport Wrestling, with archive footage and interviews with wrestling heroes of the past including “Rollerball” Rocco, Johnny Saint and Klondyke Kate.

Speaking about the historic return of WOS Wrestling commentator Jim Ross said: “I’ve been blessed to have had a 40 year plus broadcast career, but can honestly say being part of ITV Studio’s production of World of Sport Wrestling has been a career highlight for me. The wrestling talent assembled is brilliant on all levels and they have succeeded in living their wrestling dream on this iconic brand. World of Sport Wrestling lives again!”

Don't know shit about ROH, but 99.999% chance I'm going to Final Battle tonight. It'll be cool to see Young Bucks, Ospreay, etc. before they get scooped by Vince.

Haven't been to a live wrestling show since ECW! Gonna drink some beers and enjoy the wrasslin.

klonere

Banned
lol there's twitter grumbling that WCPW have also been offering "restrictive" contracts. Couldn't find much info on that.

In other news, more info on World of Sport airing that has WWE shook
http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week1/world-sport-wrestling

wiodulq.png

tQ6dLXj.png

Sounds like it was a solid, if unspectacular show from what I heard from the tapings. Very, very interested to see how it turns out on TV. Gonna have to miss it live cos I'm going to be in Canada when it airs.

Hosting the highly anticipated television event and commentating as the action unfolds is world-renowned wrestling commentator Jim Ross, alongside professional British wrestler and commentator Alex Shane.

Fuck.

I forgot he was doing commentary. No doubt he'll be sure to put himself over and all he's done for British wrestling, etc.

Don't know shit about ROH, but 99.999% chance I'm going to Final Battle tonight. It'll be cool to see Young Bucks, Ospreay, etc. before they get scooped by Vince.

Haven't been to a live wrestling show since ECW! Gonna drink some beers and enjoy the wrasslin.

Nice, enjoy! Saw The Bucks vs The Briscoes in London a few weeks ago and it was fantastic, tonight's match should hopefully top it.

Menome

Shoot:

A case could be made for Ambrose as the most overrated wrestler of 2016

I would say up until Roadbloack, the hype was still justified. After that, it's just downhill and that's sad. Ambrose was one of my favourites right out of the gate when I started watching wrestling and I've tried to keep that fandom going, but it's just a struggle to keep up any enthusiasm now.

Ziggler vs Ambrose at Summerslam was one of the most disappointing matches of the year. Such amazing build up, such a boring and average match.

Jamie OD

Sounds like it was a solid, if unspectacular show from what I heard from the tapings. Very, very interested to see how it turns out on TV. Gonna have to miss it live cos I'm going to be in Canada when it airs.

I heard the backstage segments are very much inspired by Dario Cuerto.

Anth0ny

Also from the Network survey:

83dkmFN.jpg

Interesting to see where they divide the "eras" internally.

these fucking names suck wwe

this is the correct naming

The Golden Era (1984-1994)

Begins with Hogan winning the title, enter the 80s Wrestling boom. Ends with Hogan going to WCW.

The New Generation (1994-1997)

With Hogan gone by June of 1994, a new era of main eventers begins in WWF. Enter the rise of Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart and Kevin "it's fuckin fake" Nash. WWF suffered its worst ratings ever, until

The Attitude Era (1997-2001)

The greatest era begins with the greatest match ever at Wrestlemania 13 between Bret Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin. On that night, Austin solidified himself as the future of the wrestling business. The era definitively ended with the death of WCW in 2001 and the greatest PPV of all time, Wrestlemania X7.

The Invasion Era (2001-2002)

At Mania X7, Stone Cold turned heel and WWF stopped trying because they no longer had any competition. Enter the Invasion era. The Invasion Era ended at Wrestlemania X8 when the greatest invaders of all, the NWO, were defeated by the best of the WWF. The next night on Raw, a new mother fucker would appear and powerbomb this shit era to a close.

Ruthless Aggression (2002-2004)

The debut of Brock Lesnar and rise of WORK RATE with Paul Heyman's Smackdown. This era ended when Brock left, and aggression within the company became instantly less ruthless.

The Dark Era (2004-2008)

With Lesnar gone, WWE needed to find a new "GUY". Enter the rise of John Cena. Eddie drops dead. Nothing memorable really happens during this era. ECW made a brief comeback and was subsequently fucking DESTROYED by Vince Mcmahon. Then Benoit kills his wife and kid and himself. Enter...

The PG Era (2008-2011)

WWE responded to Benoit by making their product more family friendly. And by family friendly, I mean goofy and kiddy and stupid as fuck. John Cena is the guy. Michael Cole as a heel. R Truth and Miz in the main event. Guest hosts. Even less happened during this era than the Dark era.

The Reality Era (2011-Now)

CM Punk drops one of the greatest promos of all time, leading to one of the greatest matches of all time at Money in the Bank 2011. Combined with the return of The Rock, lapsed fans begins to tune back into the product. More and more part timers return to WWE, bringing back more and more older fans. Hardcore fans begin to hijack shows with inappropriate chants, booing the lame ass characters that got over in the PG era. Enter the rise of Daniel Bryan. Divas become women. The rise of NXT: WWE raids New Japan Pro Wrestling, TNA and ROH for the greatest WRESTLING talent in the world. There is a clear change in philosophy from the prior era, and this can mostly be attributed by the buzz Punk brought to the product with that promo.

It looks like a 5-Star match next to Ambrose/Lesnar at WM32 though.
I dunno. While Ambrose vs Lesnar was also insanely disappointing, there seemed to be a reason if Ambrose's word that Brock was too lazy to work with him on bringing some actual brawl to the match. It's a dick move by Brock but it gives some justification as to why the match sucked.

Ziggler vs Ambrose just flat out sucked with that awful barricade jump botch and a weird finish, and just overall a pretty bad match. And from what I recall there isn't any reasons going around to explain it, the match just seemed to be bad.

these fucking names suck wwe

this is the correct naming

The Golden Era (1984-1994)

Begins with Hogan winning the title, enter the 80s Wrestling boom. Ends with Hogan going to WCW.

The New Generation (1994-1997)

With Hogan gone by June of 1994, a new era of main eventers begins in WWF. Enter the rise of Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart and Kevin "it's fuckin fake" Nash. WWF suffered its worst ratings ever, until

The Attitude Era (1997-2001)

The greatest era begins with the greatest match ever at Wrestlemania 13 between Bret Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin. On that night, Austin solidified himself as the future of the wrestling business. The era definitively ended with the death of WCW in 2001 and the greatest PPV of all time, Wrestlemania X7.

The Invasion Era (2001-2002)

At Mania X7, Stone Cold turned heel and WWF stopped trying because they no longer had any competition. Enter the Invasion era. The Invasion Era ended at Wrestlemania X8 when the greatest invaders of all, the NWO, were defeated by the best of the WWF. The next night on Raw, a new mother fucker would appear and powerbomb this shit era to a close.

Ruthless Aggression (2002-2004)

The debut of Brock Lesnar and rise of WORK RATE with Paul Heyman's Smackdown. This era ended when Brock left, and aggression within the company became instantly less ruthless.

The Dark Era (2004-2008)

With Lesnar gone, WWE needed to find a new "GUY". Enter the rise of John Cena. Eddie drops dead. Nothing memorable really happens during this era. ECW made a brief comeback and was subsequently fucking DESTROYED by Vince Mcmahon. Then Benoit kills his wife and kid and himself. Enter...

The PG Era (2008-2011)

WWE responded to Benoit by making their product more family friendly. And by family friendly, I mean goofy and kiddy and stupid as fuck. John Cena is the guy. Michael Cole as a heel. R Truth and Miz in the main event. Guest hosts. Even less happened during this era than the Dark era.

The Reality Era (2011-Now)

CM Punk drops one of the greatest promos of all time, leading to one of the greatest matches of all time at Money in the Bank 2011. Combined with the return of The Rock, lapsed fans begins to tune back into the product. More and more part timers return to WWE, bringing back more and more older fans. Hardcore fans begin to hijack shows with inappropriate chants, booing the lame ass characters that got over in the PG era. Enter the rise of Daniel Bryan. Divas become women. The rise of NXT: WWE raids New Japan Pro Wrestling, TNA and ROH for the greatest WRESTLING talent in the world. There is a clear change in philosophy from the prior era, and this can mostly be attributed by the buzz Punk brought to the product with that promo.

The dark era.....

Kurita

IT'S FRIDAY!

:D :D ;D
Here's a random SD recap then.

Friday Night Smackdown results for March 21, 2008
  • Dark Match: Vladimir Kozlov defeated Jamie Noble
  • Two On One Handicap Match: Batista defeated Deuce & Domino (2:09)
  • Three On One Handicap Match: The Big Show defeated Andy Douglas, Chase Stevens & Luke Hawx (1:19)
  • Non Title Match: Edge (w/ Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder) defeated Funaki (5:38)
  • Singles Match: Chuck Palumbo vs. Kane - No Contest (9:30)
  • WWE Tag Team Title Match: John Morrison & The Miz (c) defeated Festus & Jesse (7:30)
  • Non Title Match: The Undertaker defeated Chavo Guerrero (w/ Curt Hawkins, Edge & Zack Ryder) (5:21)

Kane, in 2008

Fox318

Data jobbing to his body like his name was The Gambler.

18733%20-%20The_Gambler%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20referee%20smiling%20sting%20wcw.gif

What is it about the WCW jobbers that make them so charming to watch?

Sure you know they aren't gonna win or that they will get a main event push but in WWE with 50 50 booking they cant get guys to be half as charismatic as fucking d level cruiseweights.

Kurita

Literally don't remember what Batista was doing while Edge and Undertaker were feuding for the belt back then.

Zach

Edge hitting Christian with the one-man con-chair-to atop the ladders at No Mercy '01 was pretty cool. Especially Christian's sell job, just slowly sliding off the ladders like a dead man.

Top Bottom