• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Zach

I forsee the tourny itself being quite good and then they rapidly lose interest in the whole endeavour once ITV fuck off and the whole thing trudges along with little direction or energy for far too long.
Hmmm... reminds me of where I am in my chrono-watch. Now that WCW's dead, the WWF is getting less and less compelling. It's almost like actual competition is good and monopolies are bad.

Ah well!

As long as Vince is hands off with it unlike 205 Live

I can't imagine he'll be as hands on with a weekly show produced across the pond... could be wrong but I do think Vince is hands on with 205 because it's part of the main roster and filmed as part of the main roster.

NXT isn't and neither will this.

I think I would have been better off in life in general if I stopped watching wrestling after WCW died.

You wouldn't be the only one - I always find it amusing that in defeating his competitors, Vince actually alienated a huge chunk of his potential audience. When there aren't alternatives, people don't go elsewhere, they don't grudgingly put up with whatever status quo bullshit is being peddled, they just stop watching.

To sidestep the UK stuff for a mo

Listening to Matt Hardy on Kevin Steen show from a couple years ago

He's talking about his ROH promos and how Reby was editing them and playing music and he was basically handing it over to her and letting her control the direction

I wonder how much that applies to his current run, how responsible she is for the success of the gimmick, not seen anyone really talk about her

The Smackdown 6 was great post WCW even if that was just a few months.

Everything building up to Mania 19 was great.

Acting like the Attitude Era was the last time WWE was great is giving that era too much credit.

I'll take Ruthless Aggression over Attitude.

He'll I'll go as far to say that if the Attitude era came along now it wouldn't be nearly as well received as it was then.

Fox318

So according to Meltz, the big fear over a Tye Dillinger call-up is that the '10' chant becomes the new 'what'.

I don't think it will ever get that big, but that chant annoys the shit out of me and I would rather it maybe just stayed a thing for Tye's matches.
They are afraid he is over.

Zach

The Smackdown 6 was great post WCW even if that was just a few months.

Everything building up to Mania 19 was great.

Acting like the Attitude Era was the last time WWE was great is giving that era too much credit.

I'll take Ruthless Aggression over Attitude.

He'll I'll go as far to say that if the Attitude era came along now it wouldn't be nearly as well received as it was then.
The Attitude Era was pretty crappy outside of Austin, Foley, and sometimes The Rock and Vince.

Foggy

The belt looks nice, but WWE is the literal worst. It'll be fine for a shining moment then become a footnote. Everything they touch becomes a waste of time.

I am sure the Network special will be great but once these people start hitting the main roster or are on the road with the main roster and Vince gets control of them it will be has bad as the cruiserweights

The UK dudes will probably end up like the Crusierweights.

Again it's more likely to be British NXT... These guys don't have to show up on Raw every week..

I am sure the Network special will be great but once these people start hitting the main roster or are on the road with the main roster and Vince gets control of them it will be has bad as the cruiserweights

But they won't. They'll be on WWE UK every week or whatever their show is going to be called.

Beefy

@SkySportsWWE

.@WWE to crown first-ever #WWE United Kingdom Champion at 2-night show in Blackpool in January! http://skysports.tv/0zks2Q #WWEUK

Czt7lJOWgAI1omF.jpg

*Edit: beaten

Zach

I have a pre-Bash at the Beach '96 Nitro playing in the background as I get ready for work and Schiavone is speculating that Greg Valentine could be The Third Man.

That would've put butts in the seats.

Shit if I was one of the boys I would be pissed that the U.K. got such a nice title while we had to fight for our rinky-dink class ring piece of shit.

Top Bottom