• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Ithil

CztsBU0XEAAKo8e.jpg:large

That's way better than their "giant logo" belt.

Fox318

What specifically was he saying?
Talking about how guys like Jason and Jordan went from a special top draw to something you wouldn't give a shit about.

Also.how people like Harper don't get a run like they deserve for the familiar hand of say Kane or Ziggler.

And most of all how they took a fucking huge mega star in La Sombra and turned him into a bum.

Not even trying to knock Cole but why aren't they having Regal and Nigel be the commentators? I'm sure that Regal has been so immersed in the company that he could be a lead guy like Cole for this event.

Talking about how guys like Jason and Jordan went from a special top draw to something you wouldn't give a shit about.

Also.how people like Harper don't get a run like they deserve for the familiar hand of say Kane or Ziggler.

And most of all how they took a fucking huge mega star in La Sombra and turned him into a bum.

I don't disagree here, but part of the problem (IMO) is when you have a roster as stacked as WWE. Not every guy is top tier, but so many of them have name/brand recognition with fans.

This is why I hate some of the legends contracts they do. And contracts like they have with brock.

It's the return of the European Championship!

In seriousness, I love that Trips is trying to turn WWE into a new NWA and opening the door for independent guys to showcase their abilities. Hopefully we'll see the same happen soon in Japan, a WWE/New Japan alliance would make me cream my pants.

DMczaf

Will Ospray got so mad at Vader calling him out over Twitter for exposing the business that he immideatly booked a match and layer on his back.

And now he's pissed he was worked into a shoot that became a work and is now shoot pissed that Vader worked him into the job

Heroman

Banned

In seriousness, I love that Trips is trying to turn WWE into a new NWA and opening the door for independent guys to showcase their abilities. Hopefully we'll see the same happen soon in Japan, a WWE/New Japan alliance would make me cream my pants.
Why would NJPW align with the people who took their one of biggest stars?

You wouldn't be the only one - I always find it amusing that in defeating his competitors, Vince actually alienated a huge chunk of his potential audience. When there aren't alternatives, people don't go elsewhere, they don't grudgingly put up with whatever status quo bullshit is being peddled, they just stop watching.

Pretty much the only lesson learned from the McMahon/Helmsley Era

Recall

Cool a UK title.

More content. More titles.

Seems ITV have WWE shitting themselves though it isn't needed, the ITV thing will be dead in a year.

No thanks, I'm glad New Japan told WWE to fuck off when they wanted their PPVs on the Network.

miserable

friends, which was the bigger shock to you: WCW dying (and being bought by Vince), or Sega leaving the console hardware business?

for me it was Sega, mainly because I loved the Dreamcast and I just couldn't understand the financial situation they were in. I thought they were selling the DC like hotcakes based on the fantastic hardware and software on it, but back then I didn't know the sales data. when my friend told me the news it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I didn't really care about WCW then because I wasn't watching wrestling since spring of '99, and if I recall correctly I only found out about the news like a year later when I randomly accessed WWF's website right before WM 18. sure it was a surprise but it didn't have the impact of Sega on me

funny how both events happened around the same time

friends, which was the bigger shock to you: WCW dying (and being bought by Vince), or Sega leaving the console hardware business?

for me it was Sega, mainly because I loved the Dreamcast and I just couldn't understand the financial situation they were in. I thought they were selling the DC like hotcakes based on the fantastic hardware and software on it, but back then I didn't know the sales data. when my friend told me the news it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I didn't really care about WCW then because I wasn't watching wrestling since spring of '99, and if I recall correctly I only found out about the news like a year later when I randomly accessed WWF's website right before WM 18. sure it was a surprise but it didn't have the impact of Sega on me

funny how both events happened around the same time
Probably Sega because it was more relatable and it was something we owned. Even though I went ps with the 1 and my cousins went Nintendo with the 64. But we still had our genesis so it was shocking, we thought the dreamcast was selling well but I guess we were wrong. Hell, especially with ghe screen on the controlled lol.

Zach

[...]

I didn't really care about WCW then because I wasn't watching wrestling since spring of '99, and if I recall correctly I only found out about the news like a year later when I randomly accessed WWF's website right before WM 18.

I probably stopped watching around the time you did. Maybe earlier. So I didn't care too much then, but I was surprised. And I found out the weirdest way possible: my total non-fan grandpa told me he read in the newspaper that WWF bought WCW because he knew I used to watch. That's the only reason I knew to watch the final Nitro.

Who are some of the best wrestlers out of the new UK tournament then?

An evening of watching UK wrestling is upon me.

Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate & Trent Seven are the real stand-outs, Wolfgang & T-Bone are the two notable veteran names, while Bodyguy Roy Johnson, Dan Moloney, Jordan Devlin (one of Balor's students), James Drake & Joseph Connors are all good up-and-comers.

Sephzilla

Bull Dempsey's whole "I'm a throwback to an 80s goon wrestler" gimmick was always stupid because he was small even by 80s standards

Fox318

Bull Dempsey's whole "I'm a throwback to an 80s goon wrestler" gimmick was always stupid because he was small even by 80s standards
So while everyone was telling bull to lose weight you were out there telling "HEY GET FAT LOSER. GO DRINK SOME MILK AND EAT TACO BELL"

Does anyone subscribe to NJPW in NA? I'm looking for a rundown. How much does it cost? How much newcontent to do you get? Weekly shows? How often are there big shows/PPVs? Can you stream it on PS4? How English friendly is the website? Etc.

Basically, what do I need to know?

Meltzer was going all out on NXT and the WWE taking what's special about performers and killing it.

Spot on

Well, yeah.

It's amazing just how frequently they've done it over the years.

Blah blah blah "how's your territory" blah blah blah "look at how much profit we're generating".

Top Bottom