• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Can't wait till VInce brings the UK champ on TV then jobs him to Reigns with piped in cheers while Steph is seen helping an injured serviceman find a shirt.
They should do a British invasion and actually let the British look strong.

Have regal turn on his colleague etc.

Now bring back the European Title, have the european and UK champs win the tag titles then have the UK champ turn heel in the middle of the reign and break up the team.

Fox318

They should do a British invasion and actually let the British look strong.

Have regal turn on his colleague etc.

An invasion angle would never work so long as Dunn, Vince, and Steph are there.

I think HHH knows enough now as to why they can work and why they don't.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is our total lack of faith in nything they do kinda depressing?

I mean, its justified, but still...lol :/

Tagyhag

I'm actually very excited about the British tournament, I don't follow the British indie scene so it'll be very cool just jumping into it and learning more about its competitors.

So in general, what can I expect out of British wrestling, lots of technical grappling?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm actually very excited about the British tournament, I don't follow the British indie scene so it'll be very cool just jumping into it and learning more about its competitors.

So in general, what can I expect out of British wrestling, lots of technical grappling?

oh its going to be a tournament? like a CWC type deal? So at least that part could be amazing, and then whatever they do with it after will be shit but still...

...:(

edit: how many fucking times are Joe and Nak going to fight anyway? o_O

SOMEONE FINALLY WENT OVER HOGAN!

A package was reportedly stolen off of the doorstep of Hulk Hogan's Clearwater home.

Clearwater Police obtained surveillance video of the incident. It shows a dark red sedan pull into the driveway of the home and four suspects jump out and run up the stairs to look at a package in front of the door. The video shows the suspects rip open the package and take whatever is inside and run down the stairs to catch up with their ride.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...073da773&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Rhaknar

watched the Hunter uk title announcement video... I mean, its hard to hist on that tbh.

I would much rather this is the type of content we get on the network than the reality show type crap they are making as originals.

poitns for effort at the very least? I dunno man... I like the network, its really impressed me so far, I know you guys rag on it but maybe its because I just subbed, but im really digging it (also because here in Portugal there wasnt a easy way to get pay per views in the past and now...there is)

They billed this cage match as being the end of the feud.

who won then? NAk I assume, and they are moving Joe up?

I signed up last night (mainly for WK) and it was roughly like $8.49 or so...I watched on their site, which yes is a mess even when translated lol. 100% of the content appears to be available though....

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm thinking about signing up for WK as well. Plus I want to watch old classics to get more familiar with the wrestlers.

Then when all hope is lost HHH can come and go over everyone.
I'M GOING OVERA!
An invasion angle would never work so long as Dunn, Vince, and Steph are there.

I think HHH knows enough now as to why they can work and why they don't.
They need a big angle after Mania, this would be the perfect one to do. I think even they know that they need something huge next year. Maybe third time is a charm with this whole take over invasion angle for them.
I wonder how he'll get it back

The British scene is quite diverse, but from the guys selected they're definitely going for a no-nonsense, technical, hard-hitting end of the spectrum. All the stand-out names in are very technically proficient. Will certainly have a real different feel to the CWC.

Ha ha ha so all that hand wringing was for nothing?

It's not so much about the talent, who definitely do deserve to have more eyes on them, and more about the prospect of WWE running a weekly TV show and potentially competing in a more direct manner with British promotions.

Tagyhag

The British scene is quite diverse, but from the guys selected they're definitely going for a no-nonsense, technical, hard-hitting end of the spectrum. All the stand-out names in are very technically proficient. Will certainly have a real different feel to the CWC.

Sounds good, I'll probably root for Dunne since he's the only one that I know of.

And dude is hella good looking.

Kaladin

British Monsoon, who are the early favorites to win the UK Championship? I know nothing of these guys but am curious with how good Brit wrestling has been lately.

Rhaknar

how are UK crowds anyway? Just saw the tournament will be held in England

Fox318

I'M GOING OVERA!

They need a big angle after Mania, this would be the perfect one to do. I think even they know that they need something huge next year. Maybe third time is a charm with this whole take over invasion angle for them.

I wonder how he'll get it back

Problem is they have too much time to fill.

Do you really think people will buy an invasion angle on just raw? No smackdown, no NXT, no 205 or anything else?

Say what you want about Bichoff and Goto but at least they have a long term goal and vision.

What does Vince and co have? Right now their goal is to get the company over as a brand and set up HHH to succeed Vince. While pushing a babyface they can show on the Today show that will appeal to the hosts and to their children.

That's it.

No grand story, no pushing the limit promos, and no grand stage or presentation.

Br*ck's NSAC hearing finally happened.

Like I tried to tell you for months, the win has now officially been voided and called a No Contest. Punk is now officially the only WWE wrestler to have a UFC fight in 2016 with a result

Also one year suspension and $250k fine, but eh nobody will notice

somedevil

Michael Elgin is done with ROH:

https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/status/809435626730909696?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Whats happening in ROH right now?

Also here is the current writing situation as of now for WWE:

Following the dismissal of Tom Casiello, the position of Managing Lead Writer had been eliminated. The lead writer on Raw is Ed Koskey, on Smackdown Ryan Ward is the lead writer. Brian James (the Road Dogg) works with him and is being groomed for a bigger role since he’s close with Triple H. Koskey & Ward report to Triple H, who reports to Vince McMahon. Dave Kapoor, a former head writer (who was once Ranjin Singh as a TV character) is currently an assignment editor for both brands, deciding which writer or writers works on which promos or segments.

It's not so much about the talent, who definitely do deserve to have more eyes on them, and more about the prospect of WWE running a weekly TV show and potentially competing in a more direct manner with British promotions.

The freak out was entirely about talent and the fucked up contracts that were rumoured.

Sephzilla

Like I tried to tell you for months, the win has now officially been voided and called a No Contest. Punk is now officially the only WWE wrestler to have a UFC fight with a result

Um. Pretty sure they didn't void all of Brock's wins

ed: ^I meant this year obviously

NAEEtPa.png

So you're asking me to believe money marks or money marks? Lol okay yeah sure

why don't I just vote Trump too

Fox318

Like I tried to tell you for months, the win has now officially been voided and called a No Contest. Punk is now officially the only WWE wrestler to have a UFC fight with a result

what

I mean yeah, if you completely ignore the past I guess.

Top Bottom