• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

This from his twitter

We get it, you hate Linda.
I believe it's been that long since he and Linda split. I feel old.

Problem is they have too much time to fill.

Do you really think people will buy an invasion angle on just raw? No smackdown, no NXT, no 205 or anything else?

Say what you want about Bichoff and Goto but at least they have a long term goal and vision.

What does Vince and co have? Right now their goal is to get the company over as a brand and set up HHH to succeed Vince. While pushing a babyface they can show on the Today show that will appeal to the hosts and to their children.

That's it.

No grand story, no pushing the limit promos, and no grand stage or presentation.
They need to go back to the long term planning. It's like since they got rid of all of the wrestling writers, they just hot shot whatever feels right. Before they knew what the end goal was but now they start something and they throw it away to your usual suspects who are supposed to go over. Give us something to sink into and expect an end goal. It would be hard with all of those shows but they would have to figure it out. Basically, you get a set of stars in each show who represent the invasion and go from there.

Kaladin

I'm hype for my first NXT Takeover. I knew it would take a Takeover in the Amway Arena to get me to go to a Takeover because fuck Full Sail ticket sales.

Hype for another Mania too. My 4th live.

2017 gonna be a good year.

They need to go back to the long term planning. It's like since they got rid of all of the wrestling writers, they just hot shot whatever feels right. Before they knew what the end goal was but now they start something and they throw it away to your usual suspects who are supposed to go over. Give us something to sink into and expect an end goal. It would be hard with all of those shows but they would have to figure it out. Basically, you get a set of stars in each show who represent the invasion and go from there.
They do try long-term planning, but then fans complain and demand they change those plans. Then the fans get mad again when the plans change. Just look at the return of Batista for a prime example.

Punk was right

He did it

We did it

Why are you doubling down, friend

Jerm411

Punk was right

He did it

We did it

tenor.gif

THEN
NOW
FOREVER

Foggy

The freak out was entirely about talent and the fucked up contracts that were rumoured.

And you're much more inclined to believe that partial exclusivity was spun up out of mid air but not that the situation changed? Not sure this is worth gloating about. It sounded shitty when the rumor popped up, people reacted to the possible implication, now the situation is different, now it's not as detrimental. Who cares.

And you're much more inclined to believe that partial exclusivity was spun up out of mid air but not that the situation changed? Not sure this is worth gloating about. It sounded shitty when the rumor popped up, people reacted to the possible implication, now the situation is different, now it's not as detrimental. Who cares.

Some of it teetered on apocalyptic.

But you're right,

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
hmmmm time for a Stage Keel match. I don't think I've seen one of those.

Anth0ny

Brock pays that $250k fine by showing up to raw for 3 minutes, smiling and laughing at the crowd while Paul Herman cuts his same old shit promo

Foggy

Some of it teetered on apocalyptic.

But you're right,

Internet is going to internet, but the UK scene would've been fine. It struck me as petty more than anything but it's definitely not a big deal in the greater scheme, especially given what we know now. This kind of leeway is pretty unprecedented considering how the WWE has operated in years past.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is Roderick Strong the most generic looking dude in NXT? Dude looks like a random jobber.

Foggy

What happened to LU? What can they do to cime back?

I get it every week on iTunes. But it seems like streaming and house shows are going to be a primary focus when they get funding for S4. The impression I get is that S4 is going to be their one last shot at getting momentum.

Quality of the show is still quite good if LU is your thing.

Angry Grimace

That was the biggest complaint against him all of the time he spent in ROH.

I mean, that's a legit thing. People used to say that about Daniel Bryan, but it was never actually true because Bryan does have his own look. Meanwhile, Strong looks like the generic male create-a-character on every PS4/XBO game.

I don't think the name "Roderick Strong" helps either. Its the kind of made-up name they used for "local competitors" back in the day.

If they have basically any plans for this guy, they need to do something, anything to get him to have a personality.

What happened to LU? What can they do to come back?

It's actually a very simple answer: they fucking blew it by not actually getting some kind of deal to distribute their content. They got a bunch of buzz S1, and failed to capitalize on it by trying to expand their viewership base, and instead stayed on the most obscure network in the fucking universe with no real access to the show online. They needed to get this on Hulu or something but instead they said fuck it and people stopped caring when they realized it would be a pain to access the content.

Angry Grimace

At this point Dr. James Andrews needs his own entrance music.

It's actually a very simple answer: they fucking blew it by not actually getting some kind of deal to distribute their content. They got a bunch of buzz S1, and failed to capitalize on it by trying to expand their viewership base, and instead stayed on the most obscure network in the fucking universe with no real access to the show online. They needed to get this on Hulu or something but instead they said fuck it and people stopped caring when they realized it would be a pain to access the content.

Even worse, the only digital option they offered is iTunes, the most elitist, garbage option they possibly could have taken.

Top Bottom