• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Sephzilla

The increasingly bigger sets/stages both for Wrestlemania and normal TV are part of WWE's general presentation problem. As the sets git bigger and brighter it ultimately takes the focus off of the wrestlers themselves and diminishes how big and in shape most of these people are compared to a typical person. This is why the tiny house show setup they used for Roadblock last year was so fucking perfect. HHH walked out carrying the World Heavyweight Title, and the entire focus was on him and in the same frame you could see normal people next to him and it made HHH seem huge. Additionally these huge Wrestlemania sets that take up an entire side of the arena not only cut down on the potential gate, but it also makes the crowd in attendance seem smaller at a visual level as well. The crowd for Wrestlemania 8 looks massive compared to the one for Wrestlemania 31, for example.

Zach

Did the guy on the right come from a Bugle Boy shoot?

G0XQe.gif

Must be nice to be one of the 5000 people don't have an obstructed view because of those giant fucking towers.

Yeah people are getting real salty about those light trees every time they're in an outside arena

They gotta figure something out

The increasingly bigger sets/stages both for Wrestlemania and normal TV are part of WWE's general presentation problem. As the sets git bigger and brighter it ultimately takes the focus off of the wrestlers themselves and diminishes how big and in shape most of these people are compared to a typical person. This is why the tiny house show setup they used for Roadblock last year was so fucking perfect. HHH walked out carrying the World Heavyweight Title, and the entire focus was on him and in the same frame you could see normal people next to him and it made HHH seem huge. Additionally these huge Wrestlemania sets that take up an entire side of the arena not only cut down on the potential gate, but it also makes the crowd in attendance seem smaller at a visual level as well. The crowd for Wrestlemania 8 looks massive compared to the one for Wrestlemania 31, for example.

No fuck you I want my awesome big ol stages

Kaladin

Friends, I'm about to wrap up 2016 for working this year. I might not be around much in the next two weeks that I'm off but I'll be around some.

1 more hour to go and I have a super long break to look forward to.

Sephzilla

Friends, I'm about to wrap up 2016 for working this year. I might not be around much in the next two weeks that I'm off but I'll be around some.

1 more hour to go and I have a super long break to look forward to.

Have fun. I wish I could take an extended holiday break. Unfortunately my tonsillectomy from late October ate what was left of my PTO

Kaladin

Have fun. I wish I could take an extended holiday break. Unfortunately my tonsillectomy from late October ate what was left of my PTO

It's forced. The university is only open a week after Fall semester ends and then we close for the rest of the year. Half of it is paid, half we have to use vacation time for. I'm not complaining though. I enjoy 2 weeks at home every year.

Pikma

Banned
Q: Trump has close ties with WWE and the McMahons—he’s in the Hall of Fame and has appeared in storylines. Are you hoping to snag him for an appearance at WrestleMania 33 as a sitting president?

HHH: I have a feeling his schedule might be packed… but who knows? Never say never in the WWE.

I've got two weeks left in my contract with Nintendo, and then it's a two month break. With how this holiday season has been, I'm looking forward to it.

I know it's a little difficult to see due to how small the dots are, but if you had to choose your WM seats between the two pairs of red dots, which pair would you go with?

The riser pair in the lower part of the map is closer to the ring but is opposite the camera. Unsure if either will be effected by possible poles set up near the corners of the ring like the last Orlando WM.

Heroman

Banned
Having Donald Trump appear at Wm would be dumbest thing as wwe had a huge minorities fan base. Which means they'll probably do it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think ive had enough of Dwayne for a lifetime. That 20 minute flamethrower entrance was a ridiculous time waster.

We're going to get another 30-45 minutes of Dwayne and Steph putting themselves over coupled with nonsensical Stone Cold appearances/Flo-Rida concerts or whatever.

Even with how bloated WM is, I don't see how they can put all the titles on the card unless they actually pull the trigger on a champion v. champion thing across brands, there's not even going to be enough time to do that and have every belt be contested given there are 9 titles across both brands plus mention Lesberg and the Undertaker's random match and the very high probability that Rollins v. HHH is happening at WM and probably not for a title. It's kind of lame when the champion of something doesn't defend their title at Wrestlemania.

somedevil

Trump being at WrestleMania would mean that getting through security would be an absolute nightmare

I doubt he will be there. Did they ever mention his name when he was running for president or even congratulated him for his win?

Cause I remember Bryan saying you can't say his name.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I doubt he will be there. Did they ever mention his name when he was running for president or even congratulated him for his win?

Cause I remember Bryan saying you can't say his name.

The only time he's been mentioned on air is Bryan vaguely referencing him and not by name on Talking Smack like once, and on Raw they mentioned something about Cena on SNL and the Trump impressions.

Altogether there is 9 belts, right? Along with that, Goldberg vs Brock is likely and the Taker match plus potentially HHH vs Rollins.

We're gonna pass out at Mania.

Top Bottom