• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

I feel the Becky situation is a little like how people would scream about how terrible Paige was just because she had an unusual accent. Bliss has been really good on a few episodes of Talking Smack but a lot of her promos on the main show have been awful.

How dare you! Becky is rough! She's also tough! AND she's had enough!

*crosses arms and nods*

She's cornier than Reigns. She'd have been corny in the 80s.

I love her in ring work but she's a fucking cartoon character lol

I feel the Becky situation is a little like how people would scream about how terrible Paige was just because she had an unusual accent. Bliss has been really good on a few episodes of Talking Smack but a lot of her promos on the main show have been awful.

Disagree.

She carried the contract signing segment for example. She was gold this week too.

Accent is the least of Becky's problems

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Honestly, I think Alexa's ability to make that one mean-face is really overrated. I don't get how that's top-tier character work. It's just making a mean-face.

The elephant in the room here is that I can't tell when people are being serious and when people are marking out for performers they're attracted to because we went through that with Eva Marie.

Honestly, I think Alexa's ability to make that one mean-face is really overrated. I don't get how that's top-tier character work. It'[s just making a mean-face.

The elephant in the room here is that I can't tell when people are being serious and when people are marking out for performers they're attracted to because we went through that with Eva Marie.

I'm 100% serious. Bliss is great.

Hey Nocturnowl! Maybe next week, YOU won't be around!

KMGJBnt.gif

The more I think about it, the more I realise that little exchange is an all time WWE classic for me.

MC Safety

Honestly, I think Alexa's ability to make that one mean-face is really overrated. I don't get how that's top-tier character work. It's just making a mean-face.

When it's Eva Marie, it's disingenuous.

When it's anyone else, I just assume the poster is being forthright. It's just easier.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm 100% serious. Bliss is great.
I mean, she's better than most of the women, but I think she's overrated.

Even aside from that, there's also the problem that I think you're giving Becky basically no credit for building up a babyface character that's popular with crowds for the heels to play off of because that part is what makes wrestling storylines work. Becky's role on television is significantly harder than Alexa's role.

I joke about Eva but I am genuine when I say that her gimmick before she got popped was one of the best things happening then in the brand split. It was hilarious.

Also Becky is corny but from looking at her in real life it's obvious she's actually like that unlike WWE writing characters for people who should not have those type of characters. Plus she is a genuinely over sympathetic babyface in 2016 WWE where heels tend to get bigger pops then the babyfaces. That type of thing doesn't happen unless you can talk on the mic and make it work enough to have the audience on your side.

I mean, she's better than most of the women, but I think she's overrated.

Even aside from that, there's also the problem that I think you're giving Becky basically no credit for building up a babyface character that's popular with crowds for the heels to play off of because that part is what makes wrestling storylines work. Becky's role on television is significantly harder than Alexa's role.

In modern WWE questionable. Basically three people draw actual heel heat in the company

Nekofrog

Banned
The only thing that actively pisses me off more than cesaros "opponents stand against turn buckles while I take 8 seconds to run around and uppercut each one" spot is Becky's straight fiya spot that ends in a lame looking jumping elbow. And I can literally give almost anything in wrestling a pass

Never said it was.

Becky is the vastly superior ring worker.
But you're saying Becky is bad on the mic when her mic work against Alexa's is a major reason why people like this feud so much because it's two people who can work with each other on the mic without it coming off like one is doing much worse then the other.

Edit: I don't mean this in a bad way and I hope I don't come off as aggressive. Here's a photo of happier Becky and Alexa times to make up for it.

e179bac50b5b98dd82983395c9f6f25e.jpg

Broken Fake News...

Now there's someone who keeps with what is currently going on. I hope MeekMahn is paying attention...but probly not.

Since Zack is already getting surgery, I guess that means he's looking to be out for a few months? Poor guy.

I guess Emmalina will still be waiting to debut by the time he's back.

But you're saying Becky is bad on the mic when her mic work against Alexa's is a major reason why people like this feud so much because it's two people who can work with each other on the mic without it coming off like one is doing much worse then the other.

Edit: I don't mean this in a bad way and I hope I don't come off as aggressive. Here's a photo of happier Becky and Alexa times to make up for it.

e179bac50b5b98dd82983395c9f6f25e.jpg

I think Alexa carries the mic work. Then Becky gets the violence in. Because that's the story. Bliss is someone you want to beat the shit out of.

Then Becky takes over in the ring.

Nah, we'll see her at Roadblock
Don't give me false hope of her doing a run-in to beat down the winner and then give a CM Punk-like work shoot promo of how she's sick of the horsewomen getting all the chances.

In reality the only run-in will be Nia Jax since they teased her and Sasha feuding.

Top Bottom