• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Altogether there is 9 belts, right? Along with that, Goldberg vs Brock is likely and the Taker match plus potentially HHH vs Rollins.

We're gonna pass out at Mania.

As I said, I don't think they will defend all of them, which is a shame. You can't have 9 title matches, plus Goldberg/Lesnar, Rollins/HHH, and Undertaker and the Andre Battle Royal.

I mean, obviously some of these will be converted into Triple Threats and 6-man Ladder matches, but still.

I think they should do some cross-brand stuff, e.g. the winner of a US Title vs. Intercontinental Title match gets to challenge their brand's World Champion at the next PPV, or something.

They did sort of hint that Rollins/Triple H could be a title match because Rollins said the only way to get his attention was to win the belt.

They'd have to take the title off of Owens first, and we've done Owens/Rollins for the title 5 times now. It's at least plausible Owens wins the title at Roadblock, but Rollins/Reigns to get Rollins the title back to set up the HHH match doesn't make any sense. I mean, I suppose he could interfere in the match to give Reigns the title, but I'm skeptical they really want to do the "Reigns has 2 belts" thing because making an invincible babyface ever drop the minor title is super awkward.

Altogether there is 9 belts, right? Along with that, Goldberg vs Brock is likely and the Taker match plus potentially HHH vs Rollins.

We're gonna pass out at Mania.

Realistically, optimists here are kidding themselves thinking Mania 33 is shorter than 32

Either same length or approaching 9 hours easily

Hasney

They did sort of hint that Rollins/Triple H could be a title match because Rollins said the only way to get his attention was to win the belt.

tumblr_oi3pm96VQ21u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
AJ Styles gonna be on the Wrestlemania pre-show friends

Jokes aside, it makes me laugh people think Vince hates AJ Styles even though AJ Styles is the WWE Champion and main-evented 5 PPVs in his debut year.

Kaladin

I know it's a little difficult to see due to how small the dots are, but if you had to choose your WM seats between the two pairs of red dots, which pair would you go with?

The riser pair in the lower part of the map is closer to the ring but is opposite the camera. Unsure if either will be effected by possible poles set up near the corners of the ring like the last Orlando WM.

NO

NO

Don't do risers at Wrestlemania. People will be in your way. You won't see shit. Your best bet is a bit higher in the lower level.

Trust someone who spent $500 on a riser seat for Mania in Miami and had to deal with people in front of me the whole night. Risers is a misnomer. You don't have the same kind of separation that you have with lower level seats.

what's everyone's favorite kideo game of 2016?

Since we do everything in a fave five round here

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (it definitely has issues but I fucking love running around in it)
Inside
Zero Time Dilemma
Quantum Break
Pokemon Moon

Difficult choices actually. May have been a shite year for pretty much everything else, but some damn fine games this year, and this is without me playing most of the late year stuff.

Apparently not noticed with the rest of the UK stuff: In a roundtable Neville was asked about his next TV appearance and said it'd be a bit, he has ankle injuries

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
have they announced the 16 participants, is it all indie guys or are UK wrestlers already in the WWE like Sabre Jr or Galhagar going to be in it?

Menome

I did my rough GOTY list earlier in this thread, so here it is again:

As for kideo games of the year, the winner is currently Obduction, with the rest of the Top 20 being something like this in no particular order (Saving a space until I play Uncharted 4 and Dishonored 2):

Battleborn
Tyranny
Pony Island
Dark Souls III

Titanfall 2
Duelyst
Rise Of The Tomb Raider
The Witness
Oxenfree

Virginia
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Battlefield 1
Street Fighter V
Overwatch

Doom
Reigns
Salt & Sanctuary
Tricky Towers

She's actually getting a shirt tomorrow, Heroman. Seems to be going off the Harley Quinn thing, or borderline so DC don't sue.

Why?

Custom plates are dumb anyway
I just really hate the belt and how stiff it is. The SD Women's title looks bad enough when it's clearly a replica and not an actual belt, so no plates make it look even more fake. I had the same problem with Becky, it's ridiculous the belt has been around so long and it's still just a replica.

Kideos in a roughly ordered top 10ish

DOOM (probably tied with Tropical Freeze for my fave of the gen so far, can't get enough of this shit)
Overwatch
Last Guardian
XCOM 2
Star Fox Zero
Inside
Dishonored 2
Pocket Card Jockey
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Kirby Planet Robobot

My favorite thing about this GOTY season is how people completely shut down and resort to personal insults if you say you don't like Uncharted 4. Like, it's incomprehensible to some people on here.

But back to non-kideo, grown man wrasslin talk...When's the last time WWE had a strong, non-chickenshit heel champ?

Menome

If you want a traditional Top 5, it'll probably be:

Obduction
Battleborn
Rise Of The Tomb Raider
Dark Souls III
Tyranny

A fairly decent mix if you ask me.

Angry Grimace

Alexa's not really that great, she just happens to have came through NXT at the height of the brand's popularity.

somedevil

First she needs her own merch

Her first shirt is coming out tomorrow.

Also, final deletion is tonight. Anyone watching it?

Alexa's not really that great, she just happens to have came through NXT at the height of the brand's popularity.

Not really. When she was called up it was when she was starting to catch on with the NXT crowd. Her main roster work has been far better than any of her NXT work.

I'm a big fan of Alexa and her persona, but I'mr eally not buying her as champ right now. And I don't really like Becky, but I'd like to see someone who could elevate the game with her like Charlotte/Sasha is doing on Raw. Honestly, I wanna see Asuka. It would be the ultimate scrappy underdog vs. invincible bad ass match up.

I forgot about Obduction. Great game for sure. Forgot about The Witness and Stellaris as well. Street Fighter V, despite its issues was solid as well.

Angry Grimace

Becky is a better wrestler than either Charlotte or Sasha, so I don't get how she wasn't "elevating" the belt enough.

Angry Grimace

Takes two to tango.
Yeah, I see what you mean now. And I get why they put the strap on Alexa; they don't have anyone else that's even vaguely credible on the female side of the SmackDown roster, so they had to build someone up. That said, I don't think Alexa is doing anything but keeping the belt warm for Becky to just win it back down the line. The difference between Charlotte and Alexa in terms of working ability is pretty vast, and honestly, I don't think Alexa is anywhere near as good as Charlotte on the mic these days, either. She's fine at the niche she's carved out, but Charlotte's specific character not only works, but its tailored for a shitheel champion.

And in all honesty, I like Bayley a lot, but she's worse at playing the sympathetic babyface than Becky despite the fact that Becky basically appropriated the role of perpetual underdog from Bayley. I'll grant you that Bayley's been scripted really stupid and that Becky can get away with shitty scripting by just trying to act cute.

You people want to see my fave kideo games of 2016?
Yeah I'll show you my list...

But not tonight!

*Cheap heat, smattering of boos*

You'll have to wait until this sunday the biggest GAF event of the year with the GotY vote thread.

Yeah, I see what you mean now. And I get why they put the strap on Alexa; they don't have anyone else that's even vaguely credible on the female side of the SmackDown roster, so they had to build someone up. That said, I don't think Alexa is doing anything but keeping the belt warm for Becky to just win it back down the line. The difference between Charlotte and Alexa in terms of working ability is pretty vast, and honestly, I don't think Alexa is anywhere near as good as Charlotte on the mic these days, either. She's fine at the niche she's carved out, but Charlotte's specific character not only works, but its tailored for a shitheel champion.

And in all honesty, I like Bayley a lot, but she's worse at playing the sympathetic babyface than Becky despite the fact that Becky basically appropriated the role of perpetual underdog from Bayley. I'll grant you that Bayley's been scripted really stupid and that Becky can get away with shitty scripting by just trying to act cute.
Mic work has always been Bayley's weakness, even down in NXT during the prime of the show when her scripting would be fine. Booker was right on the money with calling her out on Raw Talk.

Top Bottom