• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Anth0ny

Nintendo needs some new blood that's going to walk into the company and be like

ubxg3Kk.gif

"Playstation and Xbox are shit. We're fucking Nintendo and we can do everything they can do, and do it better." And then throw out a system that matches their competition and has all of the good first party games hardcore fans go apeshit about anyway. Oh, and then they should can the people in charge of Nintendo of America because NoA seems to constantly fuck things up here.

yep

the saddest thing is all the fanboys going "nintendo is a conservative company, they can't compete with the massive companies like sony and microsoft"

maybe when the switch bombs they'll get their heads out of their ass. but probably not.

but they can't

get that out of your head, let it go, you're living in the past.

Nintendo can't compete with Sony and Microsoft on that scale

The only thing I think I agree with NuImbask about. Knew it was bound to happen eventually.

They can't compete with those two on that scale, nor should they try. A real effort at doing so would essentially leave them without a hardware product for a generation, and that wouldn't be smart at all.

Imagine a decade with no Zelda. Fuck. That.

The only thing I wish is that they're able to do whatever is needed, without that kind of crippling business decision, to improve their first-party relationship situation.

Sephzilla

The only thing I think I agree with NuImbask about. Knew it was bound to happen eventually.

They can't compete with those two on that scale, nor should they try. A real effort at doing so would essentially leave them without a hardware product for a generation, and that wouldn't be smart at all.

The only thing I wish is that they're able to do whatever is needed, without that kind of crippling business decision, to improve their first-party relationship situation.

Considering the Zelda franchise has steadily gone downhill since Majora's Mask, I welcome a break from Zelda. Skyward Sword sucked and Breath of the Wild looks like a game that would have been cool if it was released in 2010

Also - like I said - Nintendo has a cool $10 billion they're literally just sitting on. They can absolutely compete with Sony and Microsoft

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Nintendo has literally $10 billion dollars in bank that they're sitting on doing nothing with. They could take losses for decades and still be perfectly fine. They can absolutely compete with Sony and Microsoft in the console department - they are just electing not to
They're rightly electing not to. All that would do is make their system more expensive and with little to differentiate themselves from the established platforms. Being cheap and with a key defference from the other platforms is what Nintendo needs to succeed.

We had Darksiders. We would have been fine.

imBask

Banned

when i'm breaking kayfabe, we agree friend

i'll start breaking kayfabe more often, I wouldn't want the situation between us to go down like Zach vs Data

Nintendo has literally $10 billion dollars in bank that they're sitting on doing nothing with. They could take losses for decades and still be perfectly fine. They can absolutely compete with Sony and Microsoft in the console department - they are just electing not to

You'd never know it coming from this site. Fuck I don't even know it and I fucking work here. It's always something something "nintendo war chest" one day, and something something "nintendo can't take another loss."

I'd tell the armchair analysts on Gaming side to not quit their day jobs, but half of them probably don't even have one.

Sephzilla

They're rightly electing not to. All that would do is make their system more expensive and with little to differentiate themselves from the established platforms. Being cheap and with a key defference from the other platforms is what Nintendo needs to succeed.

The Wii-U and Nintendo 3DS say otherwise. 3DS sales are a fraction of the DS and the Wii-U put Nintendo back on the "every console sells less than the previous" trend. People need to accept that the Wii was a fluke and going the cheap "i'm a unique snowflake" route isn't doing shit for them.

Is Mania 32 the worst WWE PPV of the year? It had some moments, but it was 70 hours long and the booking for almost all of the matches made no fucking sense

You didn't suffer heatstroke waiting for them to open the doors and for their ticketing system to get unfucked.

Or see them throw up giant applause signs for the Brock and New Day matches on the scoreboard.

Agreed.

Considering the Zelda franchise has steadily gone downhill since Majora's Mask, I welcome a break from Zelda. Skyward Sword sucked and Breath of the Wild looks like a game that would have been cool if it was released in 2010

I disagree about the "since Majora's Mask" part, but agree about Skyward Sword.

Breath of the Wild looks great imo, but I won't argue with anything about how there looks like there needs to be more to do in the game world. Looks empty

Favourite Mario games?

Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Kart (OG or 8)
Super Mario Maker, mainly for the OCD fuel of trying to unlock all of the outfits.

Edit - Mario Galaxy and Mario 3D World honorable mentions

So Romang didn't win? So I assume Rollins beats Owens so Triple H can get a Mania title shot then. Yuck.

I just want 1 box that can play all the nintendo games and the swtich will be that.

Sucks for anyone expecting the 3rd party situation to change but LOL. That was never gonna happen.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The Wii-U and Nintendo 3DS say otherwise. 3DS sales are a fraction of the DS and the Wii-U put Nintendo back on the "every console sells less than the previous" trend. People need to accept that the Wii was a fluke and going the cheap "i'm a unique snowflake" route isn't doing shit for them.
Wii U was expensive because of the tablet and its main gimmick was unappealing. 3DS launched very expensive and its main gimmick was all kinds of garbage on every level. Hell, the fact 3DS had any measure of success considering how FUCKING TERRIBLE the system is in virtually every way is a damn miracle.

Shit execution doesn't prove anything. The fact is people would have no interest in another system that just doea what PS and Xbox already do. Nintendo's only hope is to be cheap and unique, and execute what it does well. Wii U and 3DS did none of these. Wii and DS did.

Sephzilla

Okami would be a great Zelda game if it didn't have a painfully long and annoying tutorial segment

kmKIgzY.gif

Professor Beef's Fave Five Zelduhz

1) Majora's Mask
2) Wind Waker
3) Hyrule Warriors
4) Link's Awakening
5) Link Between Worlds

Wind Waker and Mash X To Win Warriors shouldn't be on here but I'm cool with those other three.

Zach

I ain't never played through no Zelda.

And that Okami business, while pretty, didn't do much for me. It was sloggy. And I stopped about halfway through. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fave 5 Zeldas

1) A Link to the Past
2) Ocarina of Time
3) Link's Awakening
4) Twilight Princes
5) Wind Waker

Anyone play the 3DS game? My son has it and i'm wondering if it's worth stealing his 3DS for a playthrough.

What's the WrassleGAF consensus on FFXV? My initial impression is any game that makes me slowly push a broken down car while listening to Florence + The Machine as an opening is offensive and should die in a fire. Should I stick with it?

Top Bottom