• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

ReiGun

"The Boss" is a good nickname. Becky's nickname would be good if it was just "The Lass Kicker" (seriously, as thick as Becky's accent is, you do not need to remind us she's Irish).

"The Empress of Tomorrow" is also good even if I have no idea what it means in terms of Asuka's character. Edit: Beyond going with her theme music

"The Celtic Warrior" is a little on the nose, but it works. "The One Man Rock Band" and "The Face that Runs the Place" are good in how memorable and unashamedly corny they are.

klonere

Banned
People at OTT said that Ospreay/Ricochet was as good if not better than the BoSJ match. I'd say it had a lot to do with OTT atmosphere which is always insane but I kinda believe it.

miserable

The Big Dawg >>> all your faves

dogdays73zri.gif

Out of curiosity how what do they call John Cena and The Miz in their previews now? I can't for the life of me recall either of their shitty nicknames.

Out of curiosity how what do they call John Cena and The Miz in their previews now? I can't for the life of me recall either of their shitty nicknames.
Cena used to be The Face that Runs the Place, Miz is the A-lister.

E:Oh that one time they tried to get Big Man John! over.

The Ummah

Banned
Hopes:

Cesaro and Sheamus hold the titles, become a fully functional tag team. The storyline plays out and they lose the belts around Mania time. Cesaro is THROWN, THRUSTED, CATAPULTED, ROCKET LAUNCHED into the Universal Title picture.

Reality:

No. :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only nicknames I remember Cena going by on the main roster, ever, were the Doctor of Thugonomics and The Champ

They called him the Face that Runs the Place a few times, but not enough I would have ever even remembered it until AJ Styles appropriated it.

Sephzilla

Goddamnit I'm going to have to see Rogue One ASAP. It's getting really hard to dodge spoilers. Pretty sure the RedLetterMedia thread has a few light unmarked spoilers

Are you cutting a promo on me, Gumby dude?! In front of all my Zachamaniacs, brother?!

P.S. Are you new here?! Have you hit us with a Fave Five?!
Current or all time? Cuz either way it's 1-5 Juvi either way( if he's still in the biz brother)
With a hint of Big Sexy and Sid on the all time list.

Mahonay

Banned
Didn't watch WWE Roadblock End of The Line Exclusive on the WWE Network, but it didn't sound very good.

At least Neville came back and destroyed the Cruiserweights.

Glad to hear Seamus and Cesaro are tag champs too.

Sephzilla

I'm torn. On the one hand, New Day have become stale champs and I'm glad they lost. On the other hand, their reign ending to a thrown together team on a mid-December PPV seems unfitting for such a long reign to end.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Didn't watch WWE Roadblock End of The Line Exclusive on the WWE Network, but it didn't sound very good.

At least Neville came back and destroyed the Cruiserweights.

Glad to hear Seamus and Cesaro are tag champs too.
It was boring.

I'm torn. On the one hand, New Day have become stale champs and I'm glad they lost. On the other hand, their reign ending to a thrown together team on a mid-December PPV seems unfitting for such a long reign to end.
They should've lost to an established, good team. Not Wingus and Dingus.

ReiGun

Sheamus and Cesaro needed to win the belts for their story to move forward. Plus, they've been teaming long enough to stop considering them a "thrown together team" at this point.

I do agree that I wish the story leading up to New Day dropping the belt was bigger. It felt a little flat for what should have been a big moment.

Personally, I wanted The Revival to end the reign using heel fuckery, but eh. This works.

Sephzilla

New Day should have dropped the belts to Enzo/Cass who then drop the belt to Shaemus and Cesaro.

Alternatively, if the stupid brand split didn't happen I'd have them drop the belts to American Alpha

Anth0ny

new day are "stale" but no other tag team on raw is any more exciting or deserving of the tag belts

Revival could have used the rub.

Not the two dudes that are the poster children for 'never-will-be's

he's right

cesaro getting a belt is on the same level as ziggler getting title shots

none of it fucking matters! none of it is going anywhere!

New Day have ran their course but are probably stuck in Limbo, the obvious way out is having Big E turn on them, which would leave Kofi back where he was as a mid card jabroni and Woods in some shitty vanilla midget feud with TJ Perkins about who is better at Mega Man after the 2 month angle and feud.

Sephzilla

In terms of the future for New Day, I'd have them chase a singles title and then try to Freebird Rules that - and have that lead to their eventual downfall.

ReiGun

The problem with breaking New Day up is that any alternative route for them is going to be beneath them at this point. Ideally, they'd get the Shield push to the Upper Mid Card/Main Event scene, but I don't see that happening.

Kofi will probably wait out his contract then beat it, Woods will get sent to Cruiserweight Hell, and E will either end up in another team or feuding for the US title a lot.

I gotta admit I kind of like that Rollins' story revolves around trying to provoke Final Boss HHH out of hiding.
Anything good about it is instantly killed by Rollins being completely chill with just waiting for Triple H to show up. He needs to show up at a Takeover when HHH is there and be tossed out by security.

Any chance of these four doing double duties? Or all?
Very likely. Last year had Ambrose in the Last Man Standing match that was intense enough and he went on to be in the final two of the rumble so I could see it happening with a fatal four way match.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I thought Neviile was over the Cruiserweight limit? Cruiserweight division or not, I really want to see Neville get some sort of push. And get his first name reinstated.

Top Bottom