• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Mahonay

Banned
Omega is not a good ol' boy in any fashion. That is the answer I'd expect from him. He is of the new era "liberal nerd" variety, like an Xavier Woods. And those two are friends.

ngower

I've often wondered about it too. It wouldn't surprise me at the end of the day.

My straight friend still carries on shipping Ibushi and Omega, hehe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPe5uf8ULcU

Man, no offense to Darren Young, but if someone like Omega could carry the mantle for gay/bi wrasslers (while active, sorry Patterson) that would be so dope.

Anyways, I've taken this thread on a tangent. I'll draw hearts around waifu Omega on my own time.

tumblr_o3rz57qEhy1uvyu9yo1_400.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Man, no offense to Darren Young, but if someone like Omega could carry the mantle for gay/bi wrasslers (while active, sorry Patterson) that would be so dope.

Anyways, I've taken this thread on a tangent. I'll draw hearts around waifu Omega on my own time.
Darren Young is not a very good singles wrestler, or a good wrestling personality. He's just not very good in general. But coming out like he did was a pretty important step for this backwards ass business.

It's too bad that poor dude got handed a gimmick that was built entirely around a Donald Trump slogan. Vince can go fuck himself in Linda's Whitehouse restroom.

But certainly someone like Omega would have a much larger impact since he's one of the top talents in the world.

ngower

Darren Young is not a very good singles wrestler, or a good wrestling personality. He's just not very good in general. But coming out like he did was a pretty important step for this backwards ass business.

It's too bad that poor dude got handed a gimmick that was built entirely around a Donald Trump slogan. Vince can go fuck himself in Linda's Whitehouse restroom.

But certainly someone like Omega would have a much larger impact since he's one of the top talents in the world.

I still don't know why Creative didn't push a gay heel character onto Young. Well, I do: we must think of the children! But molding a character after Jafar or any Disney villain, really, would be so cool. Cunning, dastardly, pure malice...just someone so flamboyantly over the top (not flamboyant in a prissy way, but in a sorta early Goldust way). It would be perfection. It would need to be done right, though, and given how WWE's treating Lana and the fact that Jinder Mahal is a bad guy because he wears a turban makes me think that shit ain't happening any time soon.

I still don't know why Creative didn't push a gay heel character onto Young. Well, I do: we must think of the children! But molding a character after Jafar or any Disney villain, really, would be so cool. Cunning, dastardly, pure malice...just someone so flamboyantly over the top (not flamboyant in a prissy way, but in a sorta early Goldust way). It would be perfection. It would need to be done right, though, and given how WWE's treating Lana and the fact that Jinder Mahal is a bad guy because he wears a turban makes me think that shit ain't happening any time soon.

You might like Dalton Castle, the only wrestler worth something in ROH.

Surprisingly, I hate him. We get RoH at like 2 in the morning in Nashville and I watch bits and pieces of it and he irritates the shit out of me. My buddy's been trying to push him onto me for a year or so now and not one match has stuck.
2am? Damn so that's 3 here. I know in Knoxville they show ovw on Saturdays.

Big fan. The bruiser element of exoticos is great. I'd love to see something like that minus the tired gender stereotypes. When an exotico lets loose in-ring and hit shard, that shit gets me YES'ing (YAS'ing?) like no one's business.

Yeah, when I was a kid I always liked the Exóticos matches and was surprised how bloody sometimes they could get. Also their entrances were always the best.

A Bullterrier match you might enjoy: Pimpinela Escarlata vs Mamba

Not an exótico vs exótico match, but Máximo is my favorite exótico wrestling-wise: Rush vs Máximo hair vs hair match

I still remember the video vividly. The song was forgettable even though I was a big fan of mya. I remember saving all of my nickles, quarters, and dimes to buy fear of flying. I tell you back in 98-2001 every Saturday I was up stairs recording the Saturday mega mix and playing either ps1 or n64. Good times. Usually my recordings got more heavy in 99-2000 so I always associate no mercy, attitude, and wm 2000 with it.
Ahhh 99-2000. Great times

. I remember EPMD had a live concert on radio and I recorded the entire set.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
AJ vs Miz title for title in main event
John Cena vs Undertaker career vs career
Goldberg vs Lesnar
Cruiserweight multiman ladder match
Seth Rollins vs Triple H
Sasha vs Charlotte vs Bayley Raw Womens title
Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton vs American Alpha Smackdown tag titles
Roman Reigns vs Braun Stroman Last Man Standing match for US title

Mania should be pretty fun this year.

I see some people complaining that Cody Rhodes is facing Juice at the Dome and not someone higher on the card. What the fuck has Cody done so far this year to deserve a high slot on the Dome card?

He acted like an ass on the way out of WWE and wrote his letter taking potshots at writers and agents, yet all he's done so far is prove them right by being average at best in all his matches and being carried by great talents he's handpicking to work with.

So guys, I'll probably get started with my Wrestle Kingdom 11 topic Monday night. Anybody got good ideas for an OT title?

Wrestle Kingdom 11 |OT| Future NXT Champions

Wrestle Kingdom 11 |OT| Okada Wins, Naito Loses

Wrestle Kingdom 11 |OT| The End (Omega)

Or alternatively

Wrestle Kingdom 11 |OT| The End of the Rain/Reign

AJ vs Miz title for title in main event
John Cena vs Undertaker career vs career
Goldberg vs Lesnar
Cruiserweight multiman ladder match
Seth Rollins vs Triple H
Sasha vs Charlotte vs Bayley Raw Womens title
Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton vs American Alpha Smackdown tag titles
Roman Reigns vs Braun Stroman Last Man Standing match for US title

Mania should be pretty fun this year.

Fun and Haitch don't mix

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Konnan's third hand story about how the Mexicools name came to be as it was pitched to Vince is still one of the funniest stories I've ever heard in pro wrestlings

'What if they were Mexicans but they were like Cool Mexicans?' and Vince took that as 'my landscapers are Mexican so they should come out on lawnmowers!'

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
remember when jado & gedo booked themselves to be jr heavyweight tag champions in noah despite noah having a better jr roster than njpw

I prefer NJPW's jr. roster, tbh - Harada's good and I'd take Ishimori as well, but the rest? Nah. And now I see Kotoge's going heavyweight? lol.

*edit, oh shit, forgot Kenou and Ohara, but then so did NOAH :p

ngower

I'm not denying the significance of that match, but the Hardy's evolved into goth bros.

The hell is this:
giphy.gif

They evolve *from* goth bros, technically.

And their aesthetic worked for the time period. It aged the longer they clung to it, but you've gotta remember people like Too Cool were over as hell then. Also, their original theme is amazing.

They evolve *from* goth bros, technically.

And their aesthetic worked for the time period. It aged the longer they clung to it, but you've gotta remember people like Too Cool were over as hell then. Also, their original theme is amazing.

I always felt like Too Cool were a bit of a parody act and were fully in on it.

Been playing a bit of Mad Max and I'm guessing whoever designed that combat system is a fan of wrasslin considering how many moves I've seen in there. I'm pretty sure I even AA'd a guy.

Oh and the Hardyz and Too Cool were both great.

Top Bottom